Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bots from other areas of the franchise

Honestly, I seriously wanna see some transformers cybertron, armada, and more movie bots in the game. Also giving armada and cybertron their own unique transformation sound.
Cybertron
Hot shot-warrior
Armored car. The armor on hot shot is strong and helps prevent a lot of damage from his enemies. Causes bleed, stun, and incinerate
Red alert- tech
Causes shock, stun, and armor break
Jet fire- warrior
Shock, stun, armor buffs, armor break, and incinerate.
Land mine- demolitions
Stun, armor break, and bleed.
Leo breaker- scout
Multiple stack of bleed, stun, and armor buffs.
Victor prime- tech
Repairs himself by going back in time to prevent damage
Scattershot- tech
Stun, shock, incinerate, and armor break

Add on if you like. Reason why no armada is because I don’t have a lot of knowledge on armada.

Comments

• Too many areas makes it confusing. Having bots from a few key areas is better. Imagine having to remember what 5 different optimus primes did. Also, when new characters are released, in MCOC especially when it was at the stag this game is in now, a lot of new characters had new skins but just the same mechanics to other characters. So characters need to be released slowly and they should be unique in some way and often it is better to just finish off areas like the live-action films first before moving on.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    The day I see Convoy arrive in game with a triple backfire exhaust gun special move is the day I quit the game.
  • Too many areas makes it confusing. Having bots from a few key areas is better. Imagine having to remember what 5 different optimus primes did. Also, when new characters are released, in MCOC especially when it was at the stag this game is in now, a lot of new characters had new skins but just the same mechanics to other characters. So characters need to be released slowly and they should be unique in some way and often it is better to just finish off areas like the live-action films first before moving on.

What I saying is, that it’s getting a bit predictable on what bots are coming up. I’m not saying, add in more copies of a certain bot, just some bots that aren’t in game that are not in any other universe yet. Because seeing some of your favorite bots as a kid, and being able to get that bot would be awesome. Like getting jet fire from transformers cybertron would be awesome because he is one of my favorite autobots.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited April 2018
    People making requests like this is why I think character ‘skins’ are a good idea: Allowing people to change the appearance of the bots they already have.

I’m going to use Optimus (both versions) as an obvious example here:

MV1 Optimus could be reskinned into AoE/TLK Optimus. There would have to be minor changes to the certain animations to compensate for the fact that he has slightly different weapons, like a sword instead of the energon blades.

Another example would be TF:Prime Optimus as a re-skin for our current ‘OG’ (Combiner Wars) Prime. Again, slight changes would have to made to animations to compensate for different weapon types, etc.

The appeal of this system is it keeps both parties happy: People who want this or that version of Prime, and also the people who don’t want constant repeats of the same characters or want to have to learn how to use yet another Optimus, for example.

I know people think every different iteration of the character should have their own specific move sets, specials, abilities, etc... and that’s fair. However, I just don’t think it’s feasible for a game like this. A skin system is a compromise that I think could make a lot of people happy, and we have a far better chance of getting the different incarnations that way than we ever would getting it from a brand new (and what some people see as just another repeat) character built from scratch.

I made a thread about it awhile ago:

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/4134/character-skins-potential-solution-for-different-incarnations-tf-prime-movie-verse-etc
  • iuJacob wrote: »
    People making requests like this is why I think character ‘skins’ are a good idea: Allowing people to change the appearance of the bots they already have.

I’m going to use Optimus (both versions) as an obvious example here:

MV1 Optimus could be reskinned into AoE/TLK Optimus. There would have to be minor changes to the certain animations to compensate for the fact that he has slightly different weapons, like a sword instead of the energon blades.

Another example would be TF:Prime Optimus as a re-skin for our current ‘OG’ (Combiner Wars) Prime. Again, slight changes would have to made to animations to compensate for different weapon types, etc.

The appeal of this system is it keeps both parties happy: People who want this or that version of Prime, and also the people who don’t want constant repeats of the same characters or want to have to learn how to use yet another Optimus, for example.

I know people think every different iteration of the character should have their own specific move sets, specials, abilities, etc... and that’s fair. However, I just don’t think it’s feasible for a game like this. A skin system is a compromise that I think could make a lot of people happy, and we have a far better chance of getting the different incarnations that way than we ever would getting it from a brand new (and what some people see as just another repeat) character built from scratch.

I made a thread about it awhile ago:

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/4134/character-skins-potential-solution-for-different-incarnations-tf-prime-movie-verse-etc

That’s not the point I’m making. I’m talking about bots, who are not in the game, to bring them into the game from a different area of the franchise like armada or cybertron. Not new skins.
  • Hey @Austin555555! There's a pretty full and robust thread about character suggestions here! Head over there to join the conversation there and give your input! As multiple threads for suggesting characters can clog up the forums, I'm going to close this one. Follow that link for a centralized location to share your ideas for New Quintessa's future!
This discussion has been closed.