Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

R5 Soundwave now or work on Blaster?

I just got Blaster and am sort of liking him. For those who’ve had him for a while, how is he? I only have him at r1 so I don’t know how he is at higher ranks.

Don’t have enough gold to take Blaster all the way up so wondering if I should just rank Soundwave now and just level him to 50 as I get more gold. I do also like using Soundwave.

(Don’t have any other other 4 star tech bots. Also not likely that’ll I’ll get another t3 anytime soon.)

Comments

• Options
    He is good, You can Trust me better than soundwave.
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Like every bot in this game I think it's just going to depend on your playstyle.

Blaster will give you a lot more utility though in Spotlights and Legends of Cybertron chapters, past and present because of his sp1 can build up to 10 amp charges, which is great for those long fights. He's a little more complex, play-wise, than Soundwave so he'll take some time to get used to, kinda like Shockwave and blocking to build charges. And like Shockwave, you definitely need to think more about your special power meter levels than you would if you were playing Soundwave.

I personally like Blaster better though.

• Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I've been liking Shockwave a lot too after they updated him, but mine is only a 3 star. As for Soundwave, I do like his power gain after a heavy, but he does sometimes feel like a one trick pony. Blaster seems like he has the potential to be able to do more. Based on your guys' posts so far, seems like it may be worth using the resources to level/rank him up.

Oh, I forgot to mention in my first post, neither are duped.
  • Options
    I'm at 91k chips right now! Am I able to reach 100k chips in time?
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I don't think his sig is all that necessary, to be honest. Mine is sig 30 right now and I don't really use it that much. I feel like the 40% chance could be a little higher (or at least also increase with duping instead of remaining static). It almost feels like you end up losing more health than gaining it when you try to block. It's better to just avoid the damage anyway.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Soundwave is better than Blaster and has better synergy than Blaster. I'm not even going to debate it.
  • Options

Should be able to easily, we should still have another week of Blaster Chip Arena coming
  • Options
    Hmm, maybe I’ll at least get Blaster to r3 first and try him out more. And if I happen to get Shockwave in the meantime... :)
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Soundwave is good, but Blaster is gonna be ultra useful
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited May 2018
    making projectiles move at snail speed is what will make Blaster shine more.

And the fact that the more special he casts the more amp charges he will gain making that next special attack even more deadly.

I'd personally go for Blaster. Synergy is not as important as the bot itself (unless special cases like OG-Rachet synergy then yes it makes whole world difference).
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback!
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Davien wrote: »

And the fact that the more special he casts the more amp charges he will gain making that next special attack even more deadly.

I'd personally go for Blaster. Synergy is not as important as the bot itself (unless special cases like OG-Rachet synergy then yes it makes whole world difference).

Soundwave has key synergy with Shockwave and OG Megatron... Arguably a key part of the most powerful team in the game (not necessarily the most useful). Synergy is really important when playing the harder game modes. Crafting a team for amazing synergy is essential IMO.

Blaster making projectiles move slow isn't all it's cracked up to be. You have to then think about which way you dodge and timing of it, and it can mess up counter attacks if they dash in, and you counter it then suddenly their projectile hits you. Soundwave also has that unique heavy attack that works wonders. More reliable than a normal projectile.

The amp charges are Blasters main strength - the increase in range damage is nice but essentially not a game changer. I don't really see any other utility for him.
  • Options
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Davien wrote: »

Soundwave has key synergy with Shockwave and OG Megatron... Arguably a key part of the most powerful team in the game (not necessarily the most useful). Synergy is really important when playing the harder game modes. Crafting a team for amazing synergy is essential IMO.

Blaster making projectiles move slow isn't all it's cracked up to be. You have to then think about which way you dodge and timing of it, and it can mess up counter attacks if they dash in, and you counter it then suddenly their projectile hits you. Soundwave also has that unique heavy attack that works wonders. More reliable than a normal projectile.

The amp charges are Blasters main strength - the increase in range damage is nice but essentially not a game changer. I don't really see any other utility for him.
    I agree with you here. Another problem with blaster is that most of his synergies are with tech bots. If they come across a scout they would all be disadvantaged (not hard just making life a little harder
  • Options
    Clark_kentClark_kent Posts: 80

Yes you will, 10k is easy to get . If you form a 4* and duped it . Is done
  • Options

Yes you will, 10k is easy to get . If you form a 4* and duped it . Is done

I'm far from another 4* Crystal I'm just gonna do arena and finish up the raid event
  • Options
    D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    Just get all milestones from next week's Blaster Arenas and continue raiding.
    With a few 3* duplicates you can get 110k chips and get both the 4* and 3* version of Blaster.
    AM completion rewards and milestones should feature Blaster chips as well this week.
    Away mission give Blaster chips.
    And also the Spotlights.
    You are good mate.You got this.Just play every day and be active in the game.
    You can also purchase the energon deals in the Energon store for money.They give tons of Blaster chips especially the last two energon deals.
  • Options
    D3v1L wrote: »
    Just get all milestones from next week's Blaster Arenas and continue raiding.
    With a few 3* duplicates you can get 110k chips and get both the 4* and 3* version of Blaster.
    AM completion rewards and milestones should feature Blaster chips as well this week.
    Away mission give Blaster chips.
    And also the Spotlights.
    You are good mate.You got this.Just play every day and be active in the game.
    You can also purchase the energon deals in the Energon store for money.They give tons of Blaster chips especially the last two energon deals.

Thank you for the advice, I have 97k blaster chips as of now :smile:
  • Options
    PrimeHackerPrimeHacker Posts: 134
    Just a Friendly Advice that Blaster’s attacks are way more cool, and give more damage.
  • Options
    SupraliminalSupraliminal Posts: 143
    edited May 2018
    I wouldn't R5 either if you have shockwave, mirage, or rhinox instead. Yeah even rhino... he triggers purify in raids to the point of useless in raids, but... hey, so would blaster, the weakness is moot.

Blaster and Soundwave (and ratchet) are the techs you shouldn't r5 if you have other options. Though Soundwave would get the raid tiebreaker if you HAD to do one or the other. Slightly better synergies for Soundwave too, though for synergy purposes all the the mentioned superior techs kill the synergy comparison as well as straight bot comparison.