Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

How to play Arcee?

I love the gal, but I always feel like I'm playing her wrong. I know you've gotta focus on ranged and hope for crits to charge her specials, but are there any other little tricks people have found to be more effective as her?

Comments

• Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Nope sadly since global and the changes to her she sucks... most fights I'm lucky to get 1 bar of power before I finish the bot. I did one full path of a daily with her and gained 5 bars power total on entire path. L1 is only special to use anymore maybe l3 but l2 is total crap she does like 5-600 dmg total crit and all at r3. She was my favorite to play because the non consistent power gain made it fun to have insane burst dmg sometimes. Now she sits with ratchet and sideswipe collection dust as part of the nerf bin
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited April 2017
    I agree Arcee is so bad to play with now.. I have her 3* but her HP is just so useless. Not sure what nerf they did to her but she's really at the bottom of the Warriors type now. Bludgeon and Bonecrusher are way better than her in terms of sustainability and damage. Arcee can kill a Scout class but prepare to have like 1-2 bars of HP left as a result of the battle. They need to buff her with an advantage after giving her such low HP and armor. Energy burst makes sense not sure why did Kabam removed it.
  • Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    The best way to play her is dont
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Amano wrote: »

QFT

Although she is maddening to play against as a defender, since the AI is jacked up to give her abilities that no other bot has.

For instance:

AI Arcee can randomly sidestep your specials in the middle of a combo.

She can randomly break your melee combo with one of her own, or even her own special.

She gets inexplicably large power gains from thin air.

Her specials do stupendous damage.

But, this is only in the hands of the AI. Don't try it at home!
  • Options
    Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Manthro wrote: »
    Amano wrote: »

QFT

Although she is maddening to play against as a defender, since the AI is jacked up to give her abilities that no other bot has.

For instance:

AI Arcee can randomly sidestep your specials in the middle of a combo.

She can randomly break your melee combo with one of her own, or even her own special.

She gets inexplicably large power gains from thin air.

Her specials do stupendous damage.

But, this is only in the hands of the AI. Don't try it at home!

I have faced a ton of Arcees. And I haven't experimented any of that scenarios.
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Are you kidding me? I love Arcee! She's the first bot on my arena team sheet when I'm at a 1x multiplier. Anyway, I win the other two fights to compensate for her loss, and win the series! I rotate her out when the multiplier rises to 1.25x, just as a precaution.
  • Options
    Meh, I just play her like anyone else. She hits decently hard and seems to crit a lot. I don't particularly try and play her "ranged" because trying to range play for me just ends up in a sidestep and my face getting smashed, probably because I'm a scrub.

She's not as bad as Mixmaster though, he hits like a wet noodle and even trying to get mega stacks of poison doesn't work that well and takes aaaaages.
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    found out recently that she does better when using her range a lot... stand further away using her range for a chance to get a headshot (more dmg) + some heavy attacks to flip the opponent when they are about to come nearer. Then spam her special 1 or 2 to get more range / bleed dmg before KO-ing the enemy. Works for me as long u realize her melee is really weak - avoiding it most of the time will help in utilizing her.
  • Options
    Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Davien wrote: »
    found out recently that she does better when using her range a lot... stand further away using her range for a chance to get a headshot (more dmg) + some heavy attacks to flip the opponent when they are about to come nearer. Then spam her special 1 or 2 to get more range / bleed dmg before KO-ing the enemy. Works for me as long u realize her melee is really weak - avoiding it most of the time will help in utilizing her.

For me, it's a mix between range and close range. At close range, max combo it's 7 hits, which means a higher chance to get a critical and build meter. If you don't want to build meter that much, keep away by firing, sidestepping and/or backdashing. Honestly, I hate SP2. SP1 and SP3 are wonderful.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Arcee is the Spidergwen of Forged to fight!!
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    How many threads you gonna necro? Lol