Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Should we go back to the original version of arena?

I liked the OG version of arena. When we would fight to earn the Bots we want. The Milestones would usually be premium bot shards and energon. Now they gave us this abomination of an arena. You get small amounts of bot chips and energon. And you don't get any bots. but a few bot chips. Which type of arena do you prefer?

Should we go back to the original version of arena? 31 votes

OG Arena
32%
Vivek619WolfmillsShockwaves_jdjcjdjxPrimeHackerDrazyUrAverageMalakaTheRealLombaxElitePapitoRicoDESTROYALL11PrimeTime_18 10 votes
Chips Arena
67%
iuJacobManthroJKLBigbowlrStitch626DavienJoker69Docholiday321seeker1321BlogZmogisDrkPrinzDrShotgunBooster_BlueXhibitABlack_ThoughtNinjaHunterXDonApisBntyhntr3232_F3ARL355Rabhas 21 votes

Comments

• Options
    seeker1321seeker1321 Posts: 83
    edited May 2018
    Chips Arena
    There were many things about the OG Arena I liked, the bot shard and energon milestones especially, but I was never good enough or had enough time to play enough to get the new 4* bots. Always had to settle for the 3*s of new bots.

With the Chips Arena I have gotten the 4* every month except Hound (I didn't really care for him) it's really not that hard to get the 100k chips. This month with all the bonuses in the the 6.0 update, and with a little luck in the crystal pulls, I have enough chips to get a duped 4* Blaster. The fact that we get 100 shards for the next level up helps a lot.

The two one week series can get a little boring by the end of each week, but it's doable. My suggestion would be to maybe cut it down to 12 days instead of 14, and then run three blocks of four days, or four blocks of three days. To make up for the loss of two days, they could make one day in each run a Super Chip Arena where the chips are doubled for that day, or something like that.
  • Options
    Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    I like how Arenas are now. Because I can easily choose to not participate except for that "perfect series" objective.
  • Options
    OG Arena
    seeker1321 wrote: »
    With the Chips Arena I have gotten the 4* every month except Hound (I didn't really care for him) it's really not that hard to get the 100k chips. This month with all the bonuses in the the 6.0 update, and with a little luck in the crystal pulls, I have enough chips to get a duped 4* Blaster. The fact that we get 100 shards for the next level up helps a lot.

Not that hard to get 100k chips? I am Level 42 and getting 100k chips for a 4* is ridiculous and yes opening crystals does give you the chips but I rather save up until a good bot come out
  • Options
    Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Chips Arena
    Please no. Endlessly grinding my life away was awful. Getting 100k chips is stupid easy now on f2p.
  • Options
    OG Arena

Not that hard to get 100k chips? I am Level 42 and getting 100k chips for a 4* is ridiculous and yes opening crystals does give you the chips but I rather save up until a good bot come out

Finally someone with sense!
  • Options
    seeker1321seeker1321 Posts: 83
    Chips Arena

In the old system you didn't get to save up did you? If I remember correctly only the top few players got the 4* in that bot's arena,

Have you read the guide that @Terminal put together? https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2693/guide-how-to-get-100k-feature-bot-chips/p1

That was before we were getting the extra shards for every bot we opened. Since then it is even easier. Are you in an Alliance? you get can a PBC almost every day with the daily class mission, which adds up fast if you are duping, even if it is mainly 2*s not to mention the two weeks of Alliance missions that give chips in the month.

Back in the old Arena it would take over a 1 million points to get the featured 4*, my guess would be if we are still in that old system you would need close to 3 or 4 million points to get one of those now with the addition of 5*s

Also with the new system you could just hoard your bot crystals until there is a month with a bot you really want. I have the Blaster chips to get what I wanted this month. So I have been hoarding crystals for a week so far, as soon as the switch over happens for Cheetor, I will open them and be well on my way to a 4* Cheetor. I wasn't a fan of Hound, so I just duped a 3*, and hoarded crystals for a couple of weeks until the next month started.

It's very doable even for a level 42 player if you are strategic about it.
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Chips Arena

If you can't earn 100k chips in a month in the current system, then there is no way you would have been able to earn a featured bot through arenas in the old system.

The old system only rewarded the top 20 players with the featured bot, so it was HIGHLY competitive and you would need a solid roster, arena getting like crazy for days, and you would have to usually spend energon to even have a chance.

The old system is not better in any way compared to the current system.
  • Options
    MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    @DESTROYALL11
    The new system is way better than the old, old arena only gave the top 5 of the world a four star, and top 50 a 3 star in those two arenas, only the whales got em back then, your good chance of getting a 4star feature bot was in the FBC.

When Kabam made the transition to bot chips they also said that those who play the game will get the four star, meaning it’s not just in arena where you get feature bot chips, you have to grind the spotlights and raids.
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Chips Arena
    Ehh I like the chip arena si I dont have to grind to like 500k to get a new bot...that'd be tiring