Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Spotlight Mission: Everybody Wants to be a Cat

Comments

• DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    edited May 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    DonApis wrote: »
    I fought wasp in expert and had to revive one time. For me, cheetor is more pain in a$$. Cost me around 300 energon to beat that guy.

After a few tries, Cheetor does become predictable. Try to resist spending to beat him. There's lots of time to finish spotlight, just restart the path.

That what i'm going to do if I still got beaten by cheetor. Its better to spend energon on buying energy refill than buying revives.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I fought wasp in expert and had to revive one time. For me, cheetor is more pain in a$$. Cost me around 300 energon to beat that guy.

Same here, couldn't believe how easy the wasp was compared to the final Cheetor.....evade here, evade there, I could barely hit the guy.
  • CarverCarver Posts: 82
    Tough wrote: »
    Lol that wasp is nothing. Try that wasp in master Times it by 10, The difficulty of wasp in rotk

TOUGH. Rotk wasp only has 400% ranged speed and damage. This one has a bunch more mods making him deadlier. Rotk only hard cuz you have to ninja for a long period of time. You’re over exaggerating
  • CarverCarver Posts: 82
    Wasp on master sure is something. I’ve beat him twice now on hardest paths. I don’t want to do next mission till i explore all paths. Kabam’s making things unreasonable now. I don’t really know why they want it to be so “difficult”, but c’mon, not everyone wants to use items on spotlight. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Kavs
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    So the first chapter of Master isn't terriblely hard. Did the easy and medium paths with one ko. Anyone have any tips for the hard paths?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited May 2018
    So the first chapter of Master isn't terriblely hard. Did the easy and medium paths with one ko. Anyone have any tips for the hard paths?

Watch ads and grind arenas for energon to spend

You do your best. Chp 1 hard path still easy.
  • MeatShield72MeatShield72 Posts: 141
    I agree doing expert with only 4.40 4 star bots is next to impossible unless you want to spend a bunch of energon
    They say they lowered the difficulty of expert...It is barley noticeable. You HAVE TO SPEND ENERGON just as you stated. There is no getting around it. The only thing that would have change is that you could potentially spend a little less energon than befor by comparison. Even still, you could potentially be over spending energon with how hard Waspinator and final Cheetor boss is.
  • MeatShield72MeatShield72 Posts: 141
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    Seriously manthro isn’t joking, wasp on master is probably the worst fight I have ever experienced in this game. Even with shockwave it’s ridiculous the AI constantly dodges and blocks. Really tired of kabam making these fights “difficult”.

This fake “difficulty” with the perfect dodge and block is terrible. The ai reads your moves, and the way the game is coded you can’t make one mistake or one bad move because you must wait for that bad move to end before you can go on defense. However, the ai is able to dodge everything and attacks faster and lands their hits first. Sure it take practice and being good. That’s why it’s expert and master mode, but for the love of all, perfect ai is terrible.

• BeerguzzlerBeerguzzler Posts: 104
    Man, I remembered the days when we persevered, got through with rank 3 4* bots. Learned through trial and error. Now this game is filled with a bunch of push the button, instant gratification, whiney brats. Expert is tough. It should be. But it’s doable. So stop bitching about it, pay attention. Figure it out!
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    Seriously manthro isn’t joking, wasp on master is probably the worst fight I have ever experienced in this game. Even with shockwave it’s ridiculous the AI constantly dodges and blocks. Really tired of kabam making these fights “difficult”.

This fake “difficulty” with the perfect dodge and block is terrible. The ai reads your moves, and the way the game is coded you can’t make one mistake or one bad move because you must wait for that bad move to end before you can go on defense. However, the ai is able to dodge everything and attacks faster and lands their hits first. Sure it take practice and being good. That’s why it’s expert and master mode, but for the love of all, perfect ai is terrible.

I'm not sure how many of you have noticed or not, but I've noticed a pretty big difficulty change from last months spotlight to this one. It's not just the mods on the bosses (Mastery Wasp was horrible), but just how the AI is acting on the spotlight missions. Almost every run on a path I've been noticing how my counters after evades don't hit, how the AI bot rushes in and if you evade they're jumping back faster than you can even counter with. My bot is acting slow; for example swiping back twice to evade a bot rushing in, and my bot would only move once making it impossible to evade backwards since the AI's attack is faster than your device will take a command. The AI blocking specials at the end of combos is occurring a lot for me, even with perfect timing activating the special. The list goes on and on. Funny thing is, even attacking more difficult bots in either Arena or on Raids, the AI doesn't have the same behaviour. To me, they definitely stepped up the AI for this spotlight missions to frustrating levels.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited May 2018
    @SaYnT the AI does change as bot PI increases. Master spotlight brought in some of the highest PI bots we’ve ever seen. It’s much the same in AMs. As you go up in levels, the AI does get smarter and fight differently.

The blocking specials after combos is a different issue though.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    @SaYnT This picture from a teammate who finished last month spotlight without using energon but he couldn’t pass the first shark this month.
    zgr9ifhver0x.jpeg
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    @SaYnT This picture from a teammate who finished last month spotlight without using energon but he couldn’t pass the first shark this month.
    zgr9ifhver0x.jpeg

I didn't have too much trouble getting 100% mastery last month, but doubt I'll be able to this month. I have the first two chapters 100% but that last one would take some energon which I no longer have after the crystal offer yesterday LOL.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    zgr9ifhver0x.jpeg

Five duped r5 bots?
    edited May 2018
    @Darm0k this guy did RoK, Rotk, lvl 50+ am & the last spotlight but lost his entire r5 maxed forged against the first shark on Cheetor map.
    @Darm0k this guy did RoK, Rotk, lvl 50+ am & the last spotlight but lost his entire r5 maxed forged against the first shark on Cheetor map.

Daaaamn!
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350

sometimes when you pay to win you can forget to actually learn how to play...
    Sabugen wrote: »

Maybe he had bad day on that day.

For someone did RoK for 600 energon & lvl 50 am without kits I don’t call this is (pay to win).
    Don't you agree with me?

Maybe he had bad day on that day.

Yes it was a bad day & he took him down later but still the point is that this month spotlight is much much much harder than the last month.

Yes it was a bad day & he took him down later but still the point is that this month spotlight is much much much harder than the last month.

And I’ll bet he’ll like the gold relic he gets for fully exploring master like how he used to get it from fully exploring expert. It’s about the same amount of effort riiiight?
    Darm0k wrote: »

And I’ll bet he’ll like the gold relic he gets for fully exploring master like how he used to get it from fully exploring expert. It’s about the same amount of effort riiiight?

I don't think players who play Spotlight Mission aim for the relic.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Especially when 4 Kickback relics aren't remotely enough when we raid. Those who get 3 or 4 Blaster and Cheetor relics are those who never lose an unbuffed raid already.
    I agree doing expert with only 4.40 4 star bots is next to impossible unless you want to spend a bunch of energon
    They say they lowered the difficulty of expert...It is barley noticeable. You HAVE TO SPEND ENERGON just as you stated. There is no getting around it. The only thing that would have change is that you could potentially spend a little less energon than befor by comparison. Even still, you could potentially be over spending energon with how hard Waspinator and final Cheetor boss is.

I am not a skilled player but I used zero energon to complete expert. I don't think I'll have the patience to 100% expert with that awful Wasp but it is possible to complete it without using energon or a full team of R4s.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Which path on 3.1 Expert do you find harder? I only need to complete that Ranged Damage buff with 4* chests to FINALLY finish that stupid Wasp stage
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Which path on 3.1 Expert do you find harder? I only need to complete that Ranged Damage buff with 4* chests to FINALLY finish that stupid Wasp stage

I've only done one path so far on 3.1. I hate fighting wasp so much that I probably won't attempt it again.
    I don't think players who play Spotlight Mission aim for the relic.

True maybe for these last few raid relics. But an alliance mission or special mission boost possibly. M
  • D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    edited May 2018
    Mufc,guys...After i did almost all paths on both Expert and Master and saw all the mods and bosses paired with them,I have something new to say.
    It is hard.Especially Master.But even Expert for players with even R4 4*,who do not have ninja skills.
    1.I said,try to get better,cause i got better myself,got the best bots(almost all bots ingame as 4* at least, lol).Have a lot of them at R5 and most at R4.
    But i forgot how hard Expert was for me in the past with one R4 4* or with only R3 4* bots.I forgot where i came from and that most of the players are having a really hard time just like me in the past.
    Sorry for that guys.
    2. This Spotlight is the hardest by far till now,cause Kabam paired the best defenders with the most punishing mods attached to them:
    Range reflect and Dinobot; range shock,Range damage,Energon shield on Wasp(this is too hard for most of us) and the new crit. damage,crit.rating and bleed immune mods on Cheetor,who kills you in one combo.
    Only defensive power gain is missing to complete the set.No just kidding...

I said I want it to be challenging,but Blaster was challenging last Spotlight.But the other bosses/mods were ok.
    Now we have a very hard Spotlight,cause of the mods/bots combination and the pi of the bots in Master Chapter3.
    Hope you guys make it just a tiny bit easier next month,cause people get demotivated if it is too hard.Just one less overpowered mod on some of the bosses.
    It will still be challenging for most players,but if they see the light at the end of the tunnel.This will motivate them to finish it,even use energon.Be proud of themselves that they did it in the end.
    If it is way too hard,nobody will really bother to spend on it,if they die on the first bot and even lose motivation to play the game in general.

For now try till the end guys,bring the proper counter bots for the given mods,play like a ninja and I wish you good luck.
    Next month hopefully it will be easier and with the experience from this really hard Spotlight,you will be a lot more confident going into it And in general it will feel a lot easier,cause you already adapted in a way to the harder content.
    Cheers.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    You guys are asking too much, this month's Spotlight is full of LOVE don't you see it? Show some "respect for love" please!