Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

When do you stop levelling and start forging?

Just looking for a general idea of what the most popular method is. After snagging the 4* blaster with chips last month, I saved up all my bot shards to pull for the next bot. Got plenty of 3* dupes, which I don’t really have the resources to max them all immediately. Since the majority of my sparks are going towards taking my r2 4*’s to r3, how far should I rank the bots before forging them?

Since I don’t really have a need for any of the 3*, I’d like to find a balance between getting the most out of them as quickly as possible. Taking them all to r4 would delay building my 4*’s due to need for t1a, so when would you stop levelling and start forging?

Comments

• Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    I generally max my 3* before I forge them. And even then not until they have been duped at least once.

I rarely bother upgrading my 2* before forging them into a 3*. Seems like a waste of gold.
  • TalveranTalveran Posts: 3
    Personally, I start forging any bot 3 star or above who's been duped. I don't even bother keeping 1 or 2 stars around for anything.

I will also admit that I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing when it comes to forging, but I'm also not diehard competitive or completionist, so I don't much care if I'm making things harder on myself in the long run.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    2/20 for 3* here
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    My main aim is just to get the 4* shards, but I’m going to need a lot of t1a in the near future so 3* 4/40 is a bit too time costly for upgrading my 4*.

Agreed about forging 2* into 3* though, not worth it. Is there anywhere to check how many shards are given per dupe/rank?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I max all my bots before forging them...at least the 3*s...I haven't forged a 4* into a 5* yet...I'm afraid.
    3* resources are far too easy to obrltail and that last rank get you a substantial better result.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    T1As are pretty easy to get... I usually have to sell off T1As before they expire. I level up 3* to R4 max and wait till they are duped about sig level 35 before throwing them in. For 2*, I only level them up when they are sig 80+ then forge them. I also forge class by class. So I have one main bot in each class, like now I’m max forging my MV, I throw 3* MV, Primal, MM, Grimlock, Grindor into him when they are ready.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    edited May 2018
    I don’t have a problem getting t1a, just that I’ve got a lot of 4* sitting at r2 and don’t want to waste them plus t2c on the last rank of 3* when I could use them for my 4*. Is the benefit of the final rank worth the extra gold/sparks? I’m only after the shards, which is why I don’t want to keep the 3* for long.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Work on forging your top 3 bots first before you level other bots. These 3 bots will help you in AM, raids and SM and get more resources that you need for the other bots.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    3* max level and forge give between 20-35 forge levels based on where you are in the process.... there is a chart somehwere that shows the gold cost per forge level, 3* bang for the buck is 4/40, 2* is technically 2/20 but i usually go ahead and max out the 2*, back when we used to be able to max forge 2* it would take about 6-8 2* to max forge a 3* and that was before they started with the crystal shards for forging.... i try to wait until everything is 80+ sig level to forge them, the higher sig does actually seem to help slightly with forge level albeit not enough to stress over once the start hitting 50 they start getting leveled then 75+ i start forging!!