Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

YA LIKE JAZZ?!?!?!?!?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ladysman_417ladysman_417 Posts: 139
    edited May 2018
    Bodyopus79 wrote: »
    I like all things g1 over beast wars and especially *ughh* Bayformers, but hey: im old.
    I hope we see wheeljack and jetfire first.

Why is g1 so good anyways?

G1 kills bayverse so hard...Bayverse had a ton of slow motion explosions and stupidity like in TLK when Cade and his gf that I 4got the name of changed clothes magically on the sub and changed again when they got off the sub ya didnt even see them being clothes I do like bayverse but it had some stupid stuff XD

I said mv1, stop it with your stupid bayverse lable.

Bayverse prime bayverse bee bayverse ironhide (who is actually good) bayverse megatron ;)

Lego Duplo prime, cardbord bubble bee, microwave Ironhide and toaster Megatron.
    ;);)

(but then kablam and stepped in and turned them into one of the best Transformers designs I've seen.)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I really want Sqweeps added

cogmen + squeaks = cogman riding squeaks

cogman riding squeaks = perfection.
  • Options
    Rabhas wrote: »
    I like all things g1 over beast wars and especially *ughh* Bayformers, but hey: im old.

Because most of the Bayverse bots all look like something from a different 80s property

6fszgiqvs2io.jpg
    You mean like all robots?!
  • Options
    Why, with the limited screen time he had, is there a clamour for bayverse jazz to be added? How is kabam supposed to decide how to build this character, special’s, abilities, fighting style and class, from just a few scenes?

There’s plenty other baybots with more screen time and much easier builds to work around. Even crosshairs, sentinel or even starscream have fighting styles, certain traits, possible synergies and other stuff interpretable from the films that kabam could work with.

I’m not a jazz hater, I love g1 jazz. But MV jazz is only really recognised because he’s jazz. He has no notable scenes other than being introduced and being torn in half. The only bot in game i can think of with as little screen time is bonecrusher, but at least he had a fight scene, albeit brief.

this is where you guys don't get it, why he's so popular: the little time that he was on screen he had a big impact. His movements his form of speech, his combat-style both of his altmodes!
    (but you guys will never understand exactly how I will never understand g1.)
  • Options
    I liked the part when Jazz got ripped in half.

you need help.
  • Options
    sabre_777sabre_777 Posts: 115
    Why, with the limited screen time he had, is there a clamour for bayverse jazz to be added? How is kabam supposed to decide how to build this character, special’s, abilities, fighting style and class, from just a few scenes?

There’s plenty other baybots with more screen time and much easier builds to work around. Even crosshairs, sentinel or even starscream have fighting styles, certain traits, possible synergies and other stuff interpretable from the films that kabam could work with.

I’m not a jazz hater, I love g1 jazz. But MV jazz is only really recognised because he’s jazz. He has no notable scenes other than being introduced and being torn in half. The only bot in game i can think of with as little screen time is bonecrusher, but at least he had a fight scene, albeit brief.

I think the ones clamouring for bayverse Jazz, like the way he looked perhaps. Unlike other bayverse bots he is still somewhat tied to his G1 look with the visor and the headlights of the car at his chest. All your points are true. He was a underused character in that first movie and they summarily killed him off.

Jazz has been and will continue to be one of the most beloved characters in the franchise. He has many layers which makes his character an interesting one. He is Optimus Prime's second in command, he is also the leader of special ops with a skill set for that work (I always think super spy, super ninja type skills). On top of that he has a flare for style and showmanship and the ability to think on his feet and improvise when situations change. He also loves earth culture and music.

Jazz has been and will always be my favorite character in any Transformers universe. He got used less and less as the original cartoon series went on because Scatman Crothers health declined. Also, a cartoon series pushing a toy line can't focus on the same bots for several seasons, they need new toys to push so they started featuring more of the newer bots.

Regardless, one of the few things Bay got right in the first movie was the first 5 Autobots. Prime, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet and of course the 'darling' Bumblebee. I'm not sure why Jazz has been shunned for a year in this game while other bots have made their way in. I truly scratch my head at a few, like last month's Blaster. You say you are gonna put a music loving bot in this game, 9 out of 10 transformers fans would think Jazz would be that bot.

I don't think Jazz will be next month's bot either sadly. We've had 2 Autobots in a row, so a con of some sort is probably next. I hope G1 Jazz is the next tactician myself, but I'll take him any way I can get him. Rumors abound from the hacker guys that dig onto the game files and tell us he is coming..... but months go by and still the coolest bot in Transformerdom, JAZZ, remains sidelined.
  • Options
    sabre_777 wrote: »

I think the ones clamouring for bayverse Jazz, like the way he looked perhaps. Unlike other bayverse bots he is still somewhat tied to his G1 look with the visor and the headlights of the car at his chest. All your points are true. He was a underused character in that first movie and they summarily killed him off.

Jazz has been and will continue to be one of the most beloved characters in the franchise. He has many layers which makes his character an interesting one. He is Optimus Prime's second in command, he is also the leader of special ops with a skill set for that work (I always think super spy, super ninja type skills). On top of that he has a flare for style and showmanship and the ability to think on his feet and improvise when situations change. He also loves earth culture and music.

Jazz has been and will always be my favorite character in any Transformers universe. He got used less and less as the original cartoon series went on because Scatman Crothers health declined. Also, a cartoon series pushing a toy line can't focus on the same bots for several seasons, they need new toys to push so they started featuring more of the newer bots.

Regardless, one of the few things Bay got right in the first movie was the first 5 Autobots. Prime, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet and of course the 'darling' Bumblebee. I'm not sure why Jazz has been shunned for a year in this game while other bots have made their way in. I truly scratch my head at a few, like last month's Blaster. You say you are gonna put a music loving bot in this game, 9 out of 10 transformers fans would think Jazz would be that bot.

I don't think Jazz will be next month's bot either sadly. We've had 2 Autobots in a row, so a con of some sort is probably next. I hope G1 Jazz is the next tactician myself, but I'll take him any way I can get him. Rumors abound from the hacker guys that dig onto the game files and tell us he is coming..... but months go by and still the coolest bot in Transformerdom, JAZZ, remains sidelined.

Amazing...
  • Options
    Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580

you need help.

My wife agrees with you
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I hope this massive hype level won’t ruin Jazz. Remember what they did to Carnage in MCOC? He was the most requested character and he ended up being a useless pile of garbage that keeps getting meme’d over and over again
  • Options
    NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178

To be fair, in the context of that first film, he has as much combat screen time as anyone else, and his acrobatic style is very distinctive in those scenes. The difference with Jazz is just that you never really see him go one-on-one, or finish a fight, so his scenes are perhaps a little less memorable. That being said, he has the best single combat move that anyone pulls in the whole movie (albeit slightly stolen from the '85 movie):

D9oB4K.gif

I'd be happy to see MV1 jazz in the game, and it'd be a nice way to make up for how horribly underused he was in the movies. Still, G1 is where it's at. I love the whole dynamic between Jazz and Prowl as Optimus' lieutenants; Prowl being more of a field-marshal, master strategist type who oversees the bigger picture of the war effort, and Jazz being the ground-level combat strategist who can improvise and adapt in the moment. It would make for some great synergies, and hopefully it could spruce the dialogue up a little too - I'm getting pretty bored with the same "Hey there's a new bot, let's beat him up and bring him back to base while half the team goes rogue to try to stop us" bit. Jazz might be the leadership figure that can split the difference between the monthly 'rogues' and TFTF Optimus and Prowl's uncompromising, bordering-on-bad-guy attitude.
  • Options

you need help.

My wife agrees with you

you need help.

My wife agrees with you

Good.....good to know.
  • Options
    Nightgaunt wrote: »

To be fair, in the context of that first film, he has as much combat screen time as anyone else, and his acrobatic style is very distinctive in those scenes. The difference with Jazz is just that you never really see him go one-on-one, or finish a fight, so his scenes are perhaps a little less memorable. That being said, he has the best single combat move that anyone pulls in the whole movie (albeit slightly stolen from the '85 movie):

D9oB4K.gif

I'd be happy to see MV1 jazz in the game, and it'd be a nice way to make up for how horribly underused he was in the movies. Still, G1 is where it's at. I love the whole dynamic between Jazz and Prowl as Optimus' lieutenants; Prowl being more of a field-marshal, master strategist type who oversees the bigger picture of the war effort, and Jazz being the ground-level combat strategist who can improvise and adapt in the moment. It would make for some great synergies, and hopefully it could spruce the dialogue up a little too - I'm getting pretty bored with the same "Hey there's a new bot, let's beat him up and bring him back to base while half the team goes rogue to try to stop us" bit. Jazz might be the leadership figure that can split the difference between the monthly 'rogues' and TFTF Optimus and Prowl's uncompromising, bordering-on-bad-guy attitude.

It's so great that you put so much time to this, I'm speechless.
  • Options
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    I hope this massive hype level won’t ruin Jazz. Remember what they did to Carnage in MCOC? He was the most requested character and he ended up being a useless pile of garbage that keeps getting meme’d over and over again

contest of Champions in Forge to fight don't have the same people working for them. we cannot compare them both.
  • Options
    sabre_777sabre_777 Posts: 115
    Nightgaunt wrote: »

D9oB4K.gif

I agree, Jazz has a better personality for inter-personal relationships than Prowl who is a 'strictly by the rules' type. Dialogue with Jazz is always witty and entertaining as well.

Come on Kabam! Bring us Jazz already so we don't have to just keep talking about it!!
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088

contest of Champions in Forge to fight don't have the same people working for them. we cannot compare them both.

Yes they do have the same ppl working for them...some people these days just make me feel smart and note...I'm not smart at all
  • Options

Yes they do have the same ppl working for them...some people these days just make me feel smart and note...I'm not smart at all

Untill you show me proff, your not right. second of all if you can read and write then you're smart. the average cant even do that.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Some of the UNIQUE bot abilities here are pretty much copy&pasted from MCOC. For example:
    - Backfire=Biosting (Yellowjackef)
    - Undo=Limbo(Magik)

Not too mention Hound was almost as hyped as Jazz before he was added and he ended up being trash
  • Options
    Some of the UNIQUE bot abilities here are pretty much copy&pasted from MCOC. For example:
    - Undo=Limbo(Magik)

Not too mention Hound was almost as hyped as Jazz before he was added and he ended up being trash[/quote
    - Undo=Limbo(Magik)

Not too mention Hound was almost as hyped as Jazz before he was added and he ended up being trash

first of all if you actually look at some of these Bots they have pretty crazy secondary abilities that's some people don't even see.

Second hound wasn't even as close to being hyped up as jazz, let alone both of them being fueled by different expectations
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088

Untill you show me proff, your not right. second of all if you can read and write then you're smart. the average cant even do that.

Kabam made mcoc kabam made Tftf and one more thing...apparently u cant read or write because u said proff and your its proof and you're
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited May 2018
    Rabhas wrote: »

Because most of the Bayverse bots all look like something from a different 80s property

6fszgiqvs2io.jpg
    This made me actually LOL.

Completely agree with you by the way, never really made the connection before.
  • Options

Kabam made mcoc kabam made Tftf and one more thing...apparently u cant read or write because u said proff and your its proof and you're

Your so petty and incoherent. It makes me laugh. you clearly don't know how corporations work or how sentences is work either.
  • Options
    This discussion has gotten away from its purpose and has just become a personal argument. I'm closing the thread, but also be aware that behavior of this nature is a violation of the forum rules and will be met with moderator action if it continues elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.