Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Power Bar Select Option

As most of us here have at least some common knowledge about fighting games, we know that with power bar mechanics, you have the option to how much of bar you want to spend, example: if you want to power-up a move or doing an specfic super, etc.

Since MCOC, I've always asked myself why Kabam doesn't implement a power bar select option system in their games. Let me put another example: it's a Mirage vs Ironhide fight. Ironhide has almost build 3 bars (and we all here know that Ironhide Level 3 hits like a truck) My Mirage has 2 bars, and if I recall correctly Mirage has a chance to Power Burn the opponent with ranged attacks after performing Level 1 super, but I can't perform that Level 1 Super I need since if I activate Super button, it'll spend my 2 bars into Level 2 super, which won't be that helpful in this (specific) scenario.

So, before I suggest for the devs to implement a Power Bar select option, would you take your time to explain me why you (Kabam) decided to manage Power Bar/Supers system the way you do?

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Or just learn to bait their specials and don't ever get them to l3
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    edited April 2017
    Honestly, until a mod or developer answers the question I won't give a s*** about other answers
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Not trying to bash the idea, I kinda like it in theory (I thought it myself at one point).. But...

How would you suggest they implement that option without cluttering up the screen and the inevitable problem of players accidentally tripping specials in frantic battles?

This is the reason I never brought it up myself.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Honestly, until a mod or developer answers the question I won't give a s*** about other answers

If you read the rules the forums are for player discussions and mods ect aren't required to comment ect.