Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Where are you Kabam?

For the last little while, it seems Kabam has really distanced themselves from these forums. Posts go unacknowledged, issues remained unresolved. It's rare to see a Kabam moderator reply to any threads other than closing duplicate threads and some redirects.

I won't speak for the community but this is just what I see. It feels like there's a huge disconnect between Kabam and the players. There is barely any communication between us anymore. We wait for updates and you'll sprinkle out something is coming but then silence. So many of our bugs/issues we post don't even get a "we'll look into it" anymore.

It wasn't always like this. I remember the days when the players felt like we could come to the forums for answers and help. It felt like there was an actual relationship. What's changed? Was the game not as popular as anticipated so resources were pulled?

I think it's very important that us players feel they have an avenue to communicate to the developers and actually get a response back. I don't expect a response in every single thread, that's just unreasonable but can you guys give us a presence again? Please come back to us Kabam.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    TKOTKO Posts: 246
    I literally just said the same thing in different words on a different thread.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    TKO wrote: »
    I literally just said the same thing in different words on a different thread.

Uh oh, that means one of the threads is going to get closed.
  • Options
    Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    That's the only way they respond these days is when they close down threads. :neutral:
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Hey guys!

I'm sorry that you feel that we've distanced ourselves from these forums but I'd like to reassure you we're still here for you guys and we do genuinely care about the issues and concerns of the players! Even if it may seem quiet, the team is always keeping an eye on what is going on within the game. We encourage everyone to bring up issues they come across or any suggestions they'd like to bring to the game, as some players are already doing so here on the forums because these things are being passed on to the team.
  • Options
    BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Hey guys!

I'm sorry that you feel that we've distanced ourselves from these forums but I'd like to reassure you we're still here for you guys and we do genuinely care about the issues and concerns of the players! Even if it may seem quiet, the team is always keeping an eye on what is going on within the game. We encourage everyone to bring up issues they come across or any suggestions they'd like to bring to the game, as some players are already doing so here on the forums because these things are being passed on to the team.
    Hey I want to say "Hi" too. I'm a bot designer and I absolutely love reading your comments. I usually pass my feedback along to Miike or Vydious but rest assured I am in here multiple times every day!

Keep it up guys, you are great fans!

Well, that’s a relief. Thanks for the response guys! :)

• Options
    LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Hey I want to say "Hi" too. I'm a bot designer and I absolutely love reading your comments. I usually pass my feedback along to Miike or Vydious but rest assured I am in here multiple times every day!

Will you guys be releasing some updates to some of the bots who have fallen behind or the ones that were never really on par to begin with? I won’t rehash all of it as you say you are on here multiple times a day so I am sure you already know which ones I am talking about.
  • Options
    I love all our bots equally and any imbalance keeps me up at night. We constantly monitor bot performance using detailed fight telemetry and the team regularly meets to review the data and community feedback. That being said, the next round of bot improvements is always on our mind.

Stay tuned and please continue to provide your insights.

-Concord
  • Options
    WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Since we have mods attention, why is it there are certain topics you guys seem to constantly damce around? Not going to get into specifics, as i already have a thread that i am kinda disappointed noone from kabam has even acknowledged...
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I love all our bots equally and any imbalance keeps me up at night. We constantly monitor bot performance using detailed fight telemetry and the team regularly meets to review the data and community feedback. That being said, the next round of bot improvements is always on our mind.

-Concord

When you say detailed, do you mean just a win/loss ratio or do you take in to account fight length etc?

Thinking of Hound and Mixmaster here - noone with skill will lose fights using them, but they need some tweaking. Hound needs some way of increasing his damage output or rate and Mixmaster, despite being good and having amazing potential, his setups are too random and unpredictable.

Hounds ammo switch takes too long and his sig ability is rendered useless at high level play, because the AI dodges his ranged shots regardless, leaving him as a really weak melee warrior, with really weak specials.

Mixmaster, whilst good, suffers something similar. Landing the ranged shots with him to proc acid is hard enough, but with a rate of 25% proc (which feels a lot lower) is incredibly difficult. His sig ability is useful to build charges, but doesn't really do anything past that. The damage it causes isn't high enough to do anything worthwhile and the stun isn't long enough to even land a ranged shot, or melee shot. The other issue is that you can pretty much give Mix his sig ability by pairing him up with Dinobot - it makes his timed block do better things than his sig ability because power drain is more useful. His sig needs a tweak and he either needs a better method of applying a debuff or a higher chance to apply the debuff via ranged attacks.

I'm sure there are other bots, but they are the two that stand out to me
  • Options
    Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    DaveJL wrote: »

-Concord

When you say detailed, do you mean just a win/loss ratio or do you take in to account fight length etc?

Thinking of Hound and Mixmaster here - noone with skill will lose fights using them, but they need some tweaking. Hound needs some way of increasing his damage output or rate and Mixmaster, despite being good and having amazing potential, his setups are too random and unpredictable.

Hounds ammo switch takes too long and his sig ability is rendered useless at high level play, because the AI dodges his ranged shots regardless, leaving him as a really weak melee warrior, with really weak specials.

Mixmaster, whilst good, suffers something similar. Landing the ranged shots with him to proc acid is hard enough, but with a rate of 25% proc (which feels a lot lower) is incredibly difficult. His sig ability is useful to build charges, but doesn't really do anything past that. The damage it causes isn't high enough to do anything worthwhile and the stun isn't long enough to even land a ranged shot, or melee shot. The other issue is that you can pretty much give Mix his sig ability by pairing him up with Dinobot - it makes his timed block do better things than his sig ability because power drain is more useful. His sig needs a tweak and he either needs a better method of applying a debuff or a higher chance to apply the debuff via ranged attacks.

I don't think 'with skill' should be an argument. Average data will be enough to show which bots are good or bad, this is a game with all gamut of player skill. Bad bots won't be used in the first place.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Y2K wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »

-Concord

I don't think 'with skill' should be an argument. Average data will be enough to show which bots are good or bad, this is a game with all gamut of player skill. Bad bots won't be used in the first place.

They will in arena, which is what I was referring to and where I'm guessing most of the fights take place. I'm sure they look in to spotlight, story and AM, but I would also hazard a guess that the majority of people use Ratchet, Optimus and Ironhide, or one of the other more powerful bots like Shockwave, Soundwave and Mega. There are still some really good but under utilised bots, but if they get majority of data that just shows Hound and Mix with a high win rate, it doesn't make them good choices, it just means that people aren't losing because they have enough skill not to die. I use Mix in spotlight for fun, as well as Hound and Starscream, but I know they need a sprinkle of love.
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Waspinator, Mixmaster, Grindor, Sideswipe, Starscream, Hound are the ones that, if I had to guess, are showing the least amount of use.

I'm sure KB and Blaster are there too, but only because they're still so new. I'm not entirely convinced though that Blaster won't need a buff at some point but it is still early with him. I'm just not feeling his sig; it needs some minor adjustments. Everything else about him is great.
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Waspinator, Mixmaster, Grindor, Sideswipe, Starscream, Hound are the ones that, if I had to guess, are showing the least amount of use.

I'm sure KB and Blaster are there too, but only because they're still so new. I'm not entirely convinced though that Blaster won't need a buff at some point but it is still early with him. I'm just not feeling his sig; it needs some minor adjustments. Everything else about him is great.

@Kabam Concord Blaster is good but his sig could use something more. A couple of ideas:

Blasters sig shield should allow him to block ranged heavies (which would be unique) with a chance to absorb double health like specials and/or when he absorbs ranged he shouldn't take the damage too, just heals. Or yet another idea would be added % to heal based on his ranged stacks.

He is a little unbalanced just because you really have to work to build up his damage but if he can heal a little more than it would be more balanced.

Could also work on his synergies to add something there since he has some of the worst along with several other bots. (How does he not have a breakdance synergy with sideswipe?)
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    kranders wrote: »
    Synthwave wrote: »

@Kabam Concord Blaster is good but his sig could use something more. A couple of ideas:

Blasters sig shield should allow him to block ranged heavies (which would be unique) with a chance to absorb double health like specials and/or when he absorbs ranged he shouldn't take the damage too, just heals. Or yet another idea would be added % to heal based on his ranged stacks.

He is a little unbalanced just because you really have to work to build up his damage but if he can heal a little more than it would be more balanced.

Could also work on his synergies to add something there since he has some of the worst along with several other bots. (How does he not have a breakdance synergy with sideswipe?)

If given the ability to block ranged heavy attacks, I think it would need to be balanced with "requires a well timed block" otherwise it might end up being broken. Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    That said, by the way, we are sharing these thoughts with the team even when they're looking also. I assure you that we're keeping everyone in the loop on your feedback and ideas. :)
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157

-Concord

I think this may be the first time I've seen a designer on. I have to say the bot designs rock...good job on all of them.
    As for imbalances...we need Predacons, demo Autobots, and a Decepticon healer....Hook maybe?
    Can't wait to see what's next. Keep it up:)
  • Options
    WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    G1 demo autobot is definitely in order, aynergy with um/prowl/arcee/blaster would be awesome
  • Options
    ladysman_417ladysman_417 Posts: 139
    edited May 2018

BOT DESIGNER?!?!
    You guys are the best!
    I love all your guy's work, it's one of favorite parts of the game. Would you mind telling us alittle about yourself if you don't mind? It would mean alot!
  • Options

Cool. I like the bot transformations. However, on the bot info page, why do you make them all do these crazy spins and/or flips for the transformation. It would be great if you could just watch them transform without all that. Some of them don’t, but I’d say 95% of them do. Maybe have a slowmo option as well. :)
  • Options
    Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Darm0k wrote: »

Cool. I like the bot transformations. However, on the bot info page, why do you make them all do these crazy spins and/or flips for the transformation. It would be great if you could just watch them transform without all that. Some of them don’t, but I’d say 95% of them do. Maybe have a slowmo option as well. :)

You just missed the point by a small margin: quick spin/flip helps to spare the animation cost. These models aren't 100% toy accurate so don't expect an exact transformation. If you know how to slow down the game you'll see there's a sudden "jump" in the motion sequence.
  • Options
    ShuckermliShuckermli Posts: 24

-Concord

Okay then I just want to dont use purple colours for new bots because there are too much bots are purple you are all can be more creative.
  • Options
    Y2K wrote: »
    You just missed the point by a small margin: quick spin/flip helps to spare the animation cost. These models aren't 100% toy accurate so don't expect an exact transformation. If you know how to slow down the game you'll see there's a sudden "jump" in the motion sequence.

I figured it’s to hide the parts that aren’t animated in the transformation. Like that camera trick when someone throws a knife and it quickly pans to show someone holding it like they caught it, but it’s really two shots spliced together during the pan.

Was just hoping they could do it for the bot info screen. As it is, I enjoy watching the bots transform. Now if they could make it more detailed. Whoo! To be clear, I’m not looking for better animations during battle — don’t want anything to use up more processing power.
  • Options
    PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    I have a question are there any plans to bring anymore dinobots into the game as a kid I love them and had them all, also had metroplex but I can't see him being added as he was huge
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    We are always here, always watching.

giphy.gif

You're not watching you're dancing XD
  • Options

-Concord

even mixmaster ?
  • Options
    SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Manual Graphic Settings?
  • Options
    BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Manual Graphic Settings?

This was suggested sometime during the beta phase of the game, if I remember correctly. One of the moderators forwarded it to the Kabam team and we haven’t got an update since.

My guess is that it might’ve been too troublesome and difficult to pull off, so they abandoned the idea altogether.