Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Will this go the same way as MCOC?

I don't know about the rest of you but I played Marvel Contest Of Champions for around six months. I progressed fairly well initially, but I am at the point where I have around ten 4* and only one is upgraded to 40/40 due to lack of catalysts.
I've been play Forged To Fight for a week and a bit and I hope that it doesn't go down the same route as MCOC. I like the fact that there is potential for more of an even playing field at the moment, apart from the betas etc who are massively above everyone else.
I hope Kabam try and make this fairer in terms of upgrading and bracketing for arenas etc so it doesn't go down the same route as MCOC.
Has anyone else came from MCOC? and what are your thoughts on both games?

Comments

• Most likely yes.

I remember finally getting a 5* in MCOC only to be completely discouraged at the prospect of ever getting them to anything higher than rank 2 because of the ridiculous class catalyst requirements.
  • I mean just as a point of reference, to rank up a 4 star to Rank 2 right now requires:

4 T2 Basics
    3 T2 Class
    2 T1 Alphas

That's more on par with trying to rank up a 4* in MCOC to at least Rank 3.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    So uhh... first off it is already "gone the way of MCOC" at least the aspect you are describing.

Let's just say theres a 1-10 scale of difficulty to rank your champs up....

Well, at any given point in the game's lifespan, there will always be something that is a 10 on the scale, 7, 5, 3, etc that you need in order to rank your guys. Eventually as the "middle class" of people start to approach the need for getting that 10 item on the scale, you'll start to see the difficulty of that item that is a 10 start to slide down to 7, and a new item that was previously unavailable will be released, but it will be the new 10, out of most people's reach.

It's just like how even in MCOC, nearly 3 years old and you still can't fully rank 5* champs because the material doesn't exist for it yet.

Right now, Alpha Sparks are your 10 item, T2 Class sparks are probably around a 6 or a 7, T2 Basic sparks around a 4, T1 class around a 2, and T1 basic a 1. As the game gets a little older, we will start to see the T3 materials that we need to rank 4*s further... those will be your new 10, and Alpha Sparks will become easier to get, and the rest will all be fairly trivial.

Bottom line is, the hardcore have to work 10x harder to get exclusivity of whatever the current "highest rank" bots are. You'll never hold that "highest rank" unless you are working that hard, or maybe just spending enough money. But, if you're patient, those rewards will trickle down to you as they become easier to get, and you'll eventually get a taste of what those top players have been playing with.