Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Galvatron and Dinobot Block Proficiency

kranderskranders Posts: 479
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
@Kabam Concord Having tried Galvatron in the high end content like Master and high level AM. I'd like to put out there that he could use an increased block proficiency, perhaps it's just increased against basic ranged during his dark energy charge and stops when it's full, or has some other trick to it. There are a few block focused bots like Galvatron, Dinobot, Magnus, Shockwave where blocking is worked into their strategy but still struggles to hold up against high level content.

Shockwave was very much improved against basic ranged which is fair.

Magnus' gets better with stacks but does still take a good amount of damage in AM etc. but it's close to fair. I'd like to see him receive a well-timed mechanic where he could get two stacks instead of one... this would help you reduce overall damage faster.

Dinobot and Galvatron need a greater proficiency because some of the mechanics are built around blocking. I think Dinobot could be balanced if his well-timed block had pushback like Mix or, it either provided the +50% proficiency through the full enemy combo, perhaps by adding a short 1-2 second block buff. Right now it doesn't do much to help against damage when it's only the first hit and you block an MM full stack combo.

Galvatron still takes a ton of damage while trying to charge. Especially against ranged attacks. I don't believe well-timed blocks work against ranged so perhaps that could be a mechanic or just increase his block proficiency against ranged by 50% while charging only.

I really love the style of some of these but it simply does not hold up in AM. You primarily have to evade all attacks, which makes sense, but really limits the usage of them.

Well-timed block mechanics would be great to add some flavor to them while still keeping changes on the AI fair.

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Agree with all of this and would like to add that Mix needs better block proficiency too and a different or improved sig ability. Given his ludicrously low attack, one would assume he would be a defensive tank, but he isn't and his sig ability is entirely defensive and terrible - especially when you can activate half of it with dinobot synergy
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    Just fyi... If you pair dinobot with Mixmaster, he does in fact gain block proficiency, push back on well timed blocks AND power burn! Of course... That also means you have to learn how to git gud with Mixmaster :/

But it's damn fun in spotlights at least, haha.

I could have sworn when they buffed Galvatron that they also bumped his block proficiency while charging dark energy but I could be mistaken.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    They did buff it up to 20% but he still takes way too much damage as opposed to shockwave taking zero damage on two basic ranged. And I do believe Shockwave is completely fair for his style.

That's why the way I could see it balanced is by increasing it until he's charged. I tried using him on the ranged damage lane and blocking just a few ranged takes way too much damage.

Since he's more of a ranged bot I'd like to see the proficiency increased against just ranged attacks.

And Dinobot/Mix does have good synergy but he needs to function better alone in Beast teams. Even if they gave him a different block synergy specifically with beasts to balance it.

For that matter taking any of my suggestions and making them synergies would be an idea as well. The synergies to me are a fair way of balancing and making strategic teams.

Like UM and Galvatron could take my suggestions and make it their synergy.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Just fyi... If you pair dinobot with Mixmaster, he does in fact gain block proficiency, push back on well timed blocks AND power burn! Of course... That also means you have to learn how to git gud with Mixmaster :/

I could have sworn when they buffed Galvatron that they also bumped his block proficiency while charging dark energy but I could be mistaken.

try that well timed block against a dashing Motormaster...

Mix is easy to play, he just needs some stats buffed and his sig ability reworking. His block prof isn't high enough, his acid proc isn't high enough, his attack isn't high enough or his armour isn't high enough - he's a really fun bot but his stats are dire.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    DaveJL wrote: »

Mix is easy to play, he just needs some stats buffed and his sig ability reworking. His block prof isn't high enough, his acid proc isn't high enough, his attack isn't high enough or his armour isn't high enough - he's a really fun bot but his stats are dire.

I absolutely LOVE using Mix or (synergy) dino against Motor. You block the first dash, and just keep tapping block, Motor bounces off you 2-3 times once you get the timing right.. it is a learned skill though, it's not easy by any stretch.

The best use of the concussive block skill is to launch a full melee combo, then delay just a split second after, and tap block.

90% of the time, the AI will melee into it, giving you an easy extra hit. Try it.

I agree with your opinion on Mix.. he's missing just a little something, but he's WAAAY better than the original version.

Hard to say what he needs without making him completely OP though. His specials really do insane damage once you get his style down.
    DaveJL wrote: »

I absolutely LOVE using Mix or (synergy) dino against Motor. You block the first dash, and just keep tapping block, Motor bounces off you 2-3 times once you get the timing right.. it is a learned skill though, it's not easy by any stretch.

The best use of the concussive block skill is to launch a full melee combo, then delay just a split second after, and tap block.

90% of the time, the AI will melee into it, giving you an easy extra hit. Try it.

I agree with your opinion on Mix.. he's missing just a little something, but he's WAAAY better than the original version.

Hard to say what he needs without making him completely OP though. His specials really do insane damage once you get his style down.

they do insane damage after you set them up, which takes a long time and also need to get that acid debuff which can be tricky when the AI is so proficient at dodging and blocking. His attack stat is super, super low. My r4/40 Mix at f16 only has about 30 higher attack than all of my r3/30 demo bots, and they are all lower forge level than Mix. It's seriously skewed
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    It's high time to honor variety on fighting styles. You've introduced those blocking-based styles but if the wear and tear is so high they have no choice to remain ninja.