Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

“Parry” Move

2»

Comments

• Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Manthro wrote: »
    Maybe just a swipe up for the parry?

How about no parry.

Good idea!
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    How about just a way to get out of being stuck in a combo..... like an evade working or being able to block between hits, ai does it so why cant we?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    Wolfmills wrote: »
    How about just a way to get out of being stuck in a combo..... like an evade working or being able to block between hits, ai does it so why cant we?

It's called a combo. If you could just get out of it, it wouldn't be a combo. The AI can block in combos because the hits aren't strung together quickly enough, or there is lag in between. It isn't for any other reason.

Evade does seem to work better when you let go of the controls, but I don't like putting my fate in the hands of RNG.

Yeah, no one likes to lose, but no one likes an unchallenging game either. Easy combo breakers have no place in this game for two reasons that have already been discussed:

1) the AI will get the same ability and abuse it far more efficiently than we can

2) Even if this is not the case, it will then make the game far too easy.

Look, here's a tip... I practice timing backdash and tapping block in between combo hits. Every now and then the AI gives you an opening in between hits for you to exploit. Actually happens more often than you would realize.

On many bots it happens after the 2nd or 3rd hit, you just gotta find the window. Works better if you've already dodged the first hits... You can interrupt combos instead of having to dodge it block the entire rush.

Takes a lot of practice but I do it all the time.