Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Game crashes more on newer devices

Pretty much what the title says. Three weeks ago I was playing on a Samsung Galaxy Edge S7 with the latest Android version and the game crashed maybe once or twice a day. That phone got broken and until I bought a new one I went back to an old Motorola with an old Android version, the result was slower gameplay but zero crashes.

Now I own a Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android 7.0 and the game crashes around 8 times a day.

Comments

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    the older phone probably had it's graphics turned down. people have asked Kabam many times to give us that ability so our newer phones wont have the lag issue.

for your S8 - try moving your some of your bigger apps over to the SD card and free up disc space. this will give your phone some extra space for the game cache. I also make sure to close out all of the apps and free up the memory before playing.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    At this moment, a $80 Motorola Moto C Plus with it's MTK6737 on 7.0 and 2GB RAM gives a FAR SUPERIOR F2F experience compared to either a Samsung S8, HTC U11 or iPad PRO.

No crashes in over a week of daily play, compared to multiple times on a "flagship" device.

Even the RAZR phone (8GB RAM!!!) crashes daily.

Simple solution would be a toggle for graphical/animation/resolution settings, no matter the device class.
    Worst device/SoC combos HAVE to be SD805, SD810, SD617 and SD625 on 3GB RAM.
    Crashes galore.
    Amusingly superb on the "inferior" Mediatek P10, P15, P25, X30 Helios as well as their budget 64-bit SoCs, the MT6737 and MT6757.
    Anything other than iPhoneX, 8 and 8+ is either OK or TERRIBLE (iPhone 6, 6+).
  • Orion_pax13Orion_pax13 Posts: 237
    I have a hard time playing on my galaxy tab a without it crashing every few minutes
    I have a hard time playing on my galaxy tab a without it crashing every few minutes

Seems that ENTRY LEVEL devices seem to handle F2F rather well.
    Some guy with a Sammy J7 absolutely loves the experience.
    True to form, my Moto Z, Moto Z Play, Nexus 6P, Galaxy S7 and HTC U11 lag, overheat and FC sporadically/all the time.
    My $80 travel phone, the Moto C Plus, which is powered by an MTK6737 and 2GB RAM, hasn't FC once in 2 weeks of daily play.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994

That device is terrible for this game. I had the same experience and ended up returning it.
  • NKV82NKV82 Posts: 9
    The game is becoming almost unplayable, specially because it crashes when loading a fight so your bot gets health penalties. You can't win expert or master lvl missions like that. This should be top priority for Kabam to fix.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Worse with every update.

Can’t play expert and master anymore because the game heats up immediately when the fight starts and runs at such a low FPS rate.

AM is almost as bad, but I have no choice but to play that.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    I've said it since launch. Use an LG. Never had a problem with my LG G5 and now with my new G7, game looks so amazing, plays even better and faster and STILL no glitches, bugs or crashes. LG is where it's at.
    Seem to have found some sweet spots.
    1. 720p res, MTK67xx/P15, 2GB+ RAM
    2. 1080p, RK3399, 4GB RAM
    3. 2160p, SD835, 6GB RAM

Technically any device that have these combos seem to run superbly