Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Away mission changes ????

So went from 4 hr timers to 2 hr timers less selection and now almost all selection measily gold and ore???? Not even worth doing away missions anymore if this was intended oclxyuoyh6wd.png

Comments

• AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Why did we not receive any notification of this change.... seems the last few changes have actually made the game worse and hindered us from progressing further
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Changes suck a bit.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    This is a terrible change, please remove gold and ore from away missions! There's already so many ways to get gold and ore. It makes no sense to have it in away missions.

Paying gold to get more gold.. a pure gold mission is completely ridiculous!

There are not enough choices now.

Deliberately watering down the away missions with garbage filler missions is an incredibly lame move.

Away missions were perfect, they didn't need to be touched.

It's only been a week, are we seriously killing the game already and trying to make people quit?

You can't just make big changes and not say anything, pretending like everything is normal, it won't earn you any respect from your customers.

With no announcement should we assume this is a bug and it will be put back to normal soon?
    .. and how are we supposed to do the away mission events with this. It doesn't fit anymore.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Changes haven't really affected me, I just take the ore for upgrades instead of trading shards for the ore crystal
  • KinsonKinson Posts: 20
    Agreed. This change makes away missions borderline useless. What was wrong with the old missions?
    CandKane wrote: »
    Changes haven't really affected me, I just take the ore for upgrades instead of trading shards for the ore crystal

Just wait till you get 2 out of your 4 missions as pure gold like Mustang. What a joke. You can do 2x 15 min missions and the. Have nothing to do for 2hrs waiting for more.

4 is not enough to variety.

Pure gold missions should not exist.
  • Hey everybody,

My apologies on not having the announcement for these go up before the changes went live. There is more information on why some of these changes occurred in this thread here: http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/526/announcing-changes-to-away-missions

The change from Mission Crystal Shards to straight ORE-13 was a simple quality of life change. Since we removed the Mission Crystals from Missions, many players did not know what the shards were for, so we simply replaced them with the content of the crystals.

We also chose to add some gold missions to compliment the Arena Crystals. This way, you can see the Gold that you're going to receive, instead of taking a gamble on the Crystals.

It's obvious that you guys would like to see improvements to these changes, and I'll be letting the team know your feedback right away.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Hey everybody,

My apologies on not having the announcement for these go up before the changes went live. There is more information on why some of these changes occurred in this thread here: http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/526/announcing-changes-to-away-missions

The change from Mission Crystal Shards to straight ORE-13 was a simple quality of life change. Since we removed the Mission Crystals from Missions, many players did not know what the shards were for, so we simply replaced them with the content of the crystals.

We also chose to add some gold missions to compliment the Arena Crystals. This way, you can see the Gold that you're going to receive, instead of taking a gamble on the Crystals.

It's obvious that you guys would like to see improvements to these changes, and I'll be letting the team know your feedback right away.

We don't really want improvement we just want it to be how it was before
  • FarkasFarkas Posts: 63
    This was not a QOL change, just as removing the mission crystals was not a QOL change. It is a step backwards.
  • MootMoot Posts: 52
    wish i could grow another set of hands to give this change 4 thumbs down.
  • KinsonKinson Posts: 20
    You used to be able to save mission crystals and cash them in when you were ready to upgrade bots. Now it all immediately goes to ore and anything that doesn't fit in your inventory will start the countdown and eventually time it out.

The mission crystals also occasionally gave energon, and I somehow doubt I'll be seeing energon rewards for away missions.

This is the exact opposite of QOL change.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Revert away mission the way they were before. Simple as that.
  • 1Pharaoh1Pharaoh Posts: 36
    edited April 2017
    A step backwards isn't even the phrase to describe the change. You virtually eliminated the usefulness of Away Missions. The rewards were fine the way before. Nothing needed changing there.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    So my previous post was removed... I suppose because I suggested Kabam might not be awesome at making "improvements", but I digress...

My constructive points remain.

-- No path to energon from away missions now
    -- Too little missions means finishing all 4 very easily, not to mention far less variety
    -- "scaling" sounds arbitrary and like less rewards
    -- The only change that could be possibly argued as a QoL improvement is that newer players see easier missions their bots can handle

Miike I was being sincere when I suggested transparency and honesty when decisions are based on money / rewards tuning / "balance". We all know that you guys are in this to make money and I think most people don't have a problem with that. If I'm off base here and all of the changes here were truly intended to provide QoL improvements, then maybe they just missed the mark.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 29
    Sounds like your pushing raids to me ... this is not the only way either
    Which kind of really suck for people like me that don't feel right stealing other people's stuff . And now my only way of getting chips is gone thanks I Coc all over again thanks guys love ya
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2017
    I agree, the mission crystal shards and arena crystals were far better options than the current setup. As one player mentioned, the shards allow you to stockpile ore without taking up inventory space. This is a HUGE step backwards.

As for arena crystals... They were awesome. Some of us can't grind arena the way others can... We have careers and kids. This gave us an option to get gold and energon away from arena, and not have the game take up so much of our lives.

As many above have said, this is the exact opposite of QOL improvement. It is obvious this was a prelude to new real money spending options in store due to scaling back in game currency sources.

Change them back, adjust energon drop rates from crystals if you absolutely must, but put the away mission payouts back the way they were, please.
  • SprQ1081SprQ1081 Posts: 63
    I have just found out about this change and it is really not a good thing. Away missions was more rewarding in its current state. Ore and Gold is not that hard to farm, we have Quests and Arenas for that. But these shards and chips compliments the complex nature of the game. You should have just focus on Raid store if you want to see more life in that. Anyway, all I can do is play on, until another disheartening change happens.
    The way I see it is that away missions was about the only PERK in the game. Now they are about useless in 24 hrs I claimed half of the rewards that I had been earning in weeks past . I got more stuff second day of playing than I got yesterday. Rewards are a joke. Half the prizes twice the team and level = crappy math. I know it's a hard cocept for big companies like kabam to wrap their heads around ... But some of us don't feel right about stealing other people's stuff. Which leaves us in crappy spot. Go against your morals and raid or stop playing a game we love because we can't rank up any more.
  • I agree with what most are saying... paying Gold to receive gold is redundant. The raid chip rewards were awesome because it allowed for a different style of play for those who opted out of raids and arenas and wanted a more casual experience. Now it seems like we only have one way to do things. And the energon payment is a joke... You barely get energon unless you are wasting tons of time for a small amount Or if you choose to pay... so using energon for a couple of missions that are not rewarding seems like robbery.
  • What happens to any left over shards we might have? And is it now even rarer to get an away mission that's not common or uncommon? I haven't gotten a rare mission since the change.
  • Awful change. See above for reasoning. Spending 500 gold to get 750 gold is a waste of time and button presses.

Bring mission shards back because they offered superior range of rewards and an ability to stockpile them.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Definitely need to revisit the rewards. Whoever came up with the idea to pay gold for a gold mission needs to review this. The person who decided to get rid of mission crystals needs to review this as well. It now sucks that any ore earned may go into the stash and risk expiration. Come on Kabam, find a way to look at these things from a players POV.
  • FilvasFilvas Posts: 9
    Wolfe wrote: »
    It now sucks that any ore earned may go into the stash and risk expiration.

Gotta agree with this, I can't even pay IRL to increase my inventory, so there's isn't even any profit in it.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited April 2017
    Also throwing in here to say these changes are for the worse.

I really have a tough time believing people didn't know what the crystal shards were for. I'm calling balderdash on that one.

And even if that was the case, now you have ore excess ore just sitting there waiting to expire if your current inventory is full of class specific ore.... and you can't even swap them out?

no good.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Away missions was the perfect way to get Ore due to Tier-1 Crystal having multiple Ore options, even Energon sometimes. I remember that I did Away Missions to grind around 10 Tier-1 Crystals, then getting a ton of ore. Now only rewards I see are Tier-1 Ore (75 exp) That doesn't help me to level up my bots and get a better PI.
  • MootMoot Posts: 52
    Overall negative feedback, so will kabam just let this discussion die?
  • First of all these changes were not pre announced and we have received no compensation for this.

Then they change the rewards which are now redundant as the ore gets stashed and gold for gold rewards are useless.

And plus now the same bot gives me the prediction of the mission success to be meduim when the same bot showed guaranteed before the change.

And people not knowing about the use of mission shards cmon now

Atleast a compensation must have been given out.