Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Expert spotlight mission

PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Ok folks I'm looking for tips on who and how to best take down this 2 heavy hit killer Megatron I walk through the whole map with little loss of hit points get to him with darn near all bots full health but he's wiping out the whole team with his heavy attack in 2 hits. I manage to get him to below 50% sometimes but that just ticks him off more lol any advice would be much appreciated

Comments

• Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    edited June 2018
    You need to be cautious with him, take your time and keep your distance. I’m running through that map just now for 100% and my tactic is just play ranged, and try to force him to dash in eventually. Sidestep, combo, dash out, repeat. Don’t tangle with him if you can help it, wear him down and always keep your distance. I know that tactic doesn’t last the entire duration of the fight but it’s working ok for me.

Edit
    Regardless of where you are on the ground, don’t let him corner you. Move constantly
  • PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    You need to be cautious with him, take your time and keep your distance. I’m running through that map just now for 100% and my tactic is just play ranged, and try to force him to dash in eventually. Sidestep, combo, dash out, repeat. Don’t tangle with him if you can help it, wear him down and always keep your distance. I know that tactic doesn’t last the entire duration of the fight but it’s working ok for me.

Edit
    Regardless of where you are on the ground, don’t let him corner you. Move constantly

Thanks yea that's what I've tried just if I hit any lag (almost every fight it seems) I'm toast
    It’s happened to me too, not to mention the half sidestep into heavy that megs seems capable of doing. What squad are you using?
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    PyrusPrime wrote: »
    Ok folks I'm looking for tips on who and how to best take down this 2 heavy hit killer Megatron I walk through the whole map with little loss of hit points get to him with darn near all bots full health but he's wiping out the whole team with his heavy attack in 2 hits. I manage to get him to below 50% sometimes but that just ticks him off more lol any advice would be much appreciated

There are several good bots that can counter him.
    Rhinox’s shield will keep the damage down from his heavy. Also could try blaster to slow down his ranged attacks or any bot that can evade range.

That being said, I didn’t use any of those bots. I was able to beat him by being careful.
    I used g1 meg last time out. Meg was also getting starscream synergy so sp1 stun, 2 heavies done a fair amount of the donkey work for me, although is pretty much my last resort against tougher bosses, Don’t like doubling up on classes.

Blaster is an interesting choice, does his interference affect reflected projectiles? Could make a good counter
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    I used g1 meg last time out. Meg was also getting starscream synergy so sp1 stun, 2 heavies done a fair amount of the donkey work for me, although is pretty much my last resort against tougher bosses, Don’t like doubling up on classes.

Blaster is an interesting choice, does his interference affect reflected projectiles? Could make a good counter

I guess Yes... Well when my wasp was 50% his ranged came back with same speed
  • UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited June 2018
    I done this in master and finished the first go. What you want to do is pick some one who can rush good (Mainly drift, G1 prime, cheetor) and use g1 megs to steal buffs. At the start of the match you want to wait it out and let him come till you untill he has his specials up. Then bait out the special. Once he uses the special just rush like there is no tomorrow. But beware when you rush, is the most likely time that he will activate his specials so be on guard. You should keep hitting him after he uses his first special of the match. Also when Megatron transforms for his heavy is the best time to use you ranged attacks. He can’t cancel the transformation

Edit: also use you heavies after evey combo. That way every time you finish a combo megs will have a special ready for you to dodge and rush.
    And also Megatron’s specials are easy to dodge just don’t let him get his sp3

Sp1: can be dodged by stepping back or side stepping

Sp2: can only be dodged by stepping back but is easy to read

Sp3: say good bye to your bots
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    I just kept the long range attacks going using Ironhide. If he blocks two long range attacks follow it with a heavy. If he dodges, then keep moving. Most of the boss fights on expert and master are intricate battles of constant dodging and sidestepping while waiting for your moment to attack.