Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

‘Evade Power Gain’ mod bug?

r1076dkra24o.jpeg

So what’s the deal with this?

To me, this would mean they only generate power if they take a swipe at you and would have otherwise made contact had you not dodged....

So why is the enemy still generating power when you’re no where near them? Why does being all the way across the screen and moving generate power? It makes no sense.
Are you just supposed to stand in one place and get hit?

Comments

• LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    It is based on the AI evading, not you. If you shoot ranged shots across the across the screen and they evade then it will trigger the power gain.

I have been taking this path in AM and it seems to work correctly.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited June 2018
    Lapras wrote: »
    It is based on the AI evading, not you. If you shoot ranged shots across the across the screen and they evade then it will trigger the power gain.

I have been taking this path in AM and it seems to work correctly.

Oh my god. I’m an idiot.

(They shouldn’t gain power from evading a ranged attack though)
  • _xXKNXx__xXKNXx_ Posts: 11
    Well the above topic of discussion was asked due to it happening to me in A.M.
    And If you think this is working correctly it is in fact definitely not. I was fighting Sideswipe in A.M. on the above mentioned Mod S.S. reached a special 3 attack faster than it normally takes any bot to reach a special 1 attack. I paid attention to why this was happening after getting drilled by the special 3 attack. It was happening because of my movements sidestepping and backstepping away from A.I. bot in what you would say was the full screen distance between position as to ' dance ' around or ' not make yourself a punching bag ' movements.
    That is when i noticed that it was my sidestep or evading the A.I. ranged attacks were adding a decent chunk to A.I. special attack meter and then when i really started paying attention is when I noticed that A.I. was also gaining power at an alarming rate just from my moving or ' dancing ' around A.I. at a distance.
    This Mod is not behaving correctly look again......
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I literally took down sideswipe about 5 minutes ago and that didn’t happen for me. I am not going to argue, but simpley say that based on my experience it appears to work as described.

I don’t think this is what happened to you...but it is worth mentioning that sideswipe also has power gain abilities from his sig and whenever he sidesteps a range.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Bug may vary from device to device... I noticed swipe gained simply by dash back my attack,,, MODs say when they trigger their Evade buff.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Bug may vary from device to device... I noticed swipe gained simply by dash back my attack,,, MODs say when they trigger their Evade buff.

You are forgetting that sideswipe gains power from dodging any attack as well. It's in his skillset descriptions.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Manthro wrote: »

You are forgetting that sideswipe gains power from dodging any attack as well. It's in his skillset descriptions.

Melee attacks I meant.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    Manthro wrote: »

Melee attacks I meant.

Perhaps the description on the mod also takes into account dodging. I can't confirm or deny it, because I generally use drift against sideswipe so he never gets away from me.
  • _xXKNXx__xXKNXx_ Posts: 11
    To the Moderators of the Forums this topic was started because of a mistake that I made in observing the ability of Sideswipe. I apologise for any confusion that this may have caused. The only reason that my alliance leader asked the question starting the topic was because of my statement on the mod. I was wrong, please take down this topic when you have a chance to do so......Thank you.