Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Question on Barricade’s evade ability

Been wondering about this. When Barricade (and by proxy, a duped scout Sharkticon) is knocked down, he gains an agility buff. The description says to evade incoming melee attacks, however, he seems to proc evade ranged a heck of a lot with this buff. Is the description supposed say evade melee and ranged attacks?

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    It doesn't say melee attacks, it says basic and special attacks. This is from a 3* rank 1 barricade:

psfnekkz71x0.png

Basic ranged is a basic attack. Heavy attacks of any kind are not.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    They have no specific icon for All-Round evade, so they use melee evade icon as it's most likely to trigger due to melee combo being used more.
    i'm sure , icon might have fooled you
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    They have no specific icon for All-Round evade, so they use melee evade icon as it's most likely to trigger due to melee combo being used more.

nah, as Manthro just said, it's an evade icon and he evades basic and special attacks.
    DaveJL wrote: »

nah, as Manthro just said, it's an evade icon and he evades basic and special attacks.

That's what I said,, icon has a punch,, so it represents melee evade while it's not
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    It should flash two icons simultaneously.
    Also it's a perfect candidate for "Please explain X".
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    It should flash two icons simultaneously.
    Also it's a perfect candidate for "Please explain X".

No need to clog up the screen with more stuff.

It's not a candidate for "please explain" if people would actually read.
    Agreed with @Manthro and maybe they create a new icon for evade which triggers on both melee and ranged.
    There is nothing wrong with the damn icon...

He evades heavy attacks too by the way - just tested it and he evaded CW Mega heavy
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited June 2018
    r9tyl7fqdxot.jpeg

Okay, I was just going by what the description was when I paused the fight. Yeah, I see it in the bot info page — didn’t look there since when I first checked it, it was from the pause screen (and after the fight I didn’t bother or forgot to check that page).
    Must just be a lazy or wrongly overlooked description. Hopefully they will fix it. But as a player, you'll know he evades like crazy after he gets knocked down so even if the wording there is off, can still just play around it knowing the functionality
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Must just be a lazy or wrongly overlooked description. Hopefully they will fix it. But as a player, you'll know he evades like crazy after he gets knocked down so even if the wording there is off, can still just play around it knowing the functionality

Yeah.... but it feels like he evades more than Sideswipe and Bumblebee... combined! Just was hoping they’d change it to match description, but it looks like it’s the description that is the one that’s off.
    Darm0k wrote: »

Yeah.... but it feels like he evades more than Sideswipe and Bumblebee... combined! Just was hoping they’d change it to match description, but it looks like it’s the description that is the one that’s off.

He has a really high evade %, higher than both of them I think. Like 67% or something?
    Typo error in pause menu,,, hope they fix it... However gameplay is not affected at all