Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

My third brawler

Should I rank up grindor or optimus prime they both at rank 1 and I already have optimus primal and motormaster at rank 4

Comments

• Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Optimus Prime of course
    Grindor if you need a better base defender
  • Options
    Orion_pax13Orion_pax13 Posts: 237
    How come
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    MV1 is an absolute power house, that's how come
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    But Grindor hits like a train has extreme defense AND makes a perfect backup...tell me this who is more annoying to fight? Grindor? Or MV1? I'd say grindor
  • Options
    But Grindor hits like a train has extreme defense AND makes a perfect backup...tell me this who is more annoying to fight? Grindor? Or MV1? I'd say grindor

I agree, definitely Grindor
  • Options
    BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581

Fighting a bot and using a bot are two different playing fields. I find that Grindor lacks in his damage output, but sort of makes up for this with his armor. MV1 on the other hand has both of these elements, damage and armor. I just think overall, Optimus is the way to go. He handles those harm accelerators fairly well.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    All brawlers are good. MV was my first bot to go R5 cos I needed him for raids at first then I use him for AM now. He’s also maxed forge so he eats BCs and warriors generally up for breakfast. My next bot was for base defense, plus the BW team seemed useful, so I did Primal. Needed someone to raid with against HA while MV was in AM, so Grimlock was next. He’s sufficient at R4 but I had 3 T3C brawler and expiring T2As, so I have ranked him up but no gold to level up. I don’t have MM yet but he will be awesome for base defense and those range reflect lanes in SM, so I will rank him up as soon as I get him. Grindor, well, he occasionally sits on base defense but if I get demotron, I do believe I would use him more. The demotron, Barricade, Grindor, MV, BC team is also another great team.

You can’t really go wrong with brawlers whether for attack or defense so just rank them all up.
  • Options
    Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Mv1 over grindor any day. better synergies, more balanced, better for raids, dot specials that do more damage than grindor (except a high sig sp2 from grindor when your near full power), heals during bleed, not to mention the armour activated when YOU want it to, not at random. Grindor is the better base defender on HA, but that’s about it.

I do like grindor, he’s a good bot, but pales in comparison to using prime. You can’t ignore that synergy with ironhide, it makes mv1 a proper beast to use.
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Bumblebee wrote: »

Fighting a bot and using a bot are two different playing fields. I find that Grindor lacks in his damage output, but sort of makes up for this with his armor. MV1 on the other hand has both of these elements, damage and armor. I just think overall, Optimus is the way to go. He handles those harm accelerators fairly well.

Yeah but MV1 has a very low class playstyle and lacks proper defense for Instance OG prime Inflicts armor break which could blow MV1 away and Grindors defense is much much higher than MV1's
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Bumblebee wrote: »

Yeah but MV1 has a very low class playstyle and lacks proper defense for Instance OG prime Inflicts armor break which could blow MV1 away and Grindors defense is much much higher than MV1's

and if you have no skill, then that's fine, but for skilled players who can get by just fine not taking many hits MV1 is better than Grindor.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105

In fact all the initial god tier (IG Prime, Mv1, WB, Motor, IH) are what you defined as 'low class playstyle': dodge, combo, special. They don't worry about charging (Prowl)/blocking(Primal, UM, Shockwave, Galvatron, Hound, Blaster)/debuff inflicting (Kickback, Blaster).

Keep It Simple, Stupid. One way or another you become a ninja.

• Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

In fact all the initial god tier (IG Prime, Mv1, WB, Motor, IH) are what you defined as 'low class playstyle': dodge, combo, special. They don't worry about charging (Prowl)/blocking(Primal, UM, Shockwave, Galvatron, Hound, Blaster)/debuff inflicting (Kickback, Blaster).

Keep It Simple, Stupid. One way or another you become a ninja.

But.... Every... Bot... Is... Dodge/combo/special...