Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

AM rewards for 13th place lower than 38th place??

We finished 13th and got a grand total of ZERO alpha shards? Seriously???

Comments

• TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    It's in the leaderboard bracket top 10 get alpha shards, now.
  • XiravXirav Posts: 14
    Time to let the beta users separate from the rest of us forever.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited April 2017
    We didn't get alpha shards at #7

We got one t2 basic spark. Wheeee.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Useless thread with useless arguments, as always. The funniest of them all it's that "beta player >>> new player" nonsense
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    You guys are getting beyond ignorant, beta players had a small advantage and the gap now Is very minscule I know many new players already caught up to beta players the argument is over you guys only complain Bc you can't keep up who's fault is that?
  • Beta Players are not the devil. Yes, they've been playing for a while, but they do not have a significant advantage over the rest of our players. Even if the top Players were from the Beta stage, that doesn't mean the ones right under them can't be new players.

Beta players played in a small pool of players with very different rewards than are available today. Progress for them was much slower, and harder. We ensured they wouldn't be added to the new player pool until enough players were able to catch up and pose a challenge.

In fact, I want to take this opportunity to once again thank our Beta players. Without them, this game would not be what it is today.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    As well ovk and ovl have already taken several new player additions that are fitting right into the family and we have some the strictest requirements. So just because your a new player doesn't mean you can't fit in an established alliance
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Amano wrote: »
    You guys are getting beyond ignorant, beta players had a small advantage and the gap now Is very minscule I know many new players already caught up to beta players the argument is over you guys only complain Bc you can't keep up who's fault is that?

I don't know if you mean you guys in general or within this thread, but there's only 1 person complaining about beta players in here, and it was a pretty mild complaint. Beyond ignorant is probably a bit harsh.

On the flip side you have to have expected that by participating in the beta you would be looked at as having some sort of unfair advantage... and it certainly is an advantage whether people can grind their butt off and empty their wallets to catch up or not. Are you really any better by lashing out at him? Can't you just overlook the whining and enjoy your "small advantage"?

Just saying... I participated in beta for like a week and clearly can see and feel the advantage.
  • ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Thanks miike :P
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    Amano wrote: »

I don't know if you mean you guys in general or within this thread, but there's only 1 person complaining about beta players in here, and it was a pretty mild complaint. Beyond ignorant is probably a bit harsh.

On the flip side you have to have expected that by participating in the beta you would be looked at as having some sort of unfair advantage... and it certainly is an advantage whether people can grind their butt off and empty their wallets to catch up or not. Are you really any better by lashing out at him? Can't you just overlook the whining and enjoy your "small advantage"?

Just saying... I participated in beta for like a week and clearly can see and feel the advantage.

This isn't the only thread people like him have been crying since the first day the game was released
    If you don't think that starting with a roster full of 3/30s is a significant advantage you are not aware of how the game actually works. You can fully staff your base with real defenders.. complete arenas with less time spent etc. Yes beta players have a significant advantage.

This thread however is more focused on the fact that the AM rewards are pretty much trash at this point if you don't finish in the top 5.. which "SHOCKINGLY" is full of players that do have that beta advantage.

If the game didn't rely entirely on a snowball system where the top players take all the rewards and progress faster and more effectively it wouldn't be such a huge deal. The prime event is a great example. Having just one 4/40 will make someoen be able to complete this event more effectively.. but yeah.. that headstart is pretty much negated at this point.. ya sure.
  • Xirav wrote: »
    If you don't think that starting with a roster full of 3/30s is a significant advantage you are not aware of how the game actually works. You can fully staff your base with real defenders.. complete arenas with less time spent etc. Yes beta players have a significant advantage.

This thread however is more focused on the fact that the AM rewards are pretty much trash at this point if you don't finish in the top 5.. which "SHOCKINGLY" is full of players that do have that beta advantage.

If the game didn't rely entirely on a snowball system where the top players take all the rewards and progress faster and more effectively it wouldn't be such a huge deal. The prime event is a great example. Having just one 4/40 will make someoen be able to complete this event more effectively.. but yeah.. that headstart is pretty much negated at this point.. ya sure.

Like we said, this event is not for everybody, but there are players that are almost done that were not part of the Beta. It comes down to knowing how to effectively use your resources and Bots, including who is good against who, and maybe saving your Potions and Revives.
    Xirav wrote: »

Come on man you can't be serious of course rewards are set up in a system where the top progresses faster. That's for a single reason named money. You spend to win so whoever spends gets the best things. If you want to be free to play you have to put much more time and effort into it I know guys that haven't spent anything and are in top alliances
    Mike -

I mentioned the event as an example. The real issue here is with the AM ranked rewards. We finished 13th and people are already talking about not even trying next week because the rewards are pointless. We'd rather use our heros for raids / missions and fail at AM. This is NOT what you want. AM drives teamwork and stickyness to your game.

• Xirav wrote: »
    Mike -

I mentioned the event as an example. The real issue here is with the AM ranked rewards. We finished 13th and people are already talking about not even trying next week because the rewards are pointless. We'd rather use our heros for raids / missions and fail at AM. This is NOT what you want. AM drives teamwork and stickyness to your game.

That's true! This is also something that we are aware of and watching closely. Right now, there aren't many Alliances in the game. The number is steadily growing, but ranking high while there aren't many Alliances doesn't guarantee you the best rewards, because there aren't many Alliances below you.

This is an explanation, not an excuse. We are looking at ways to improve this experience right now.
    Milestones give good rewards as well
    Must - not really. the 700k milestone (quite difficult to hit right now) provides 100 alpha shards. The other milestones are mostly irrelevant.
    Mike - There are a few ways to solve this. Add a top 1% reward to ranked events and figure out a way to exclude the nothing alliances which are undoubtedly ruining some of your percentage calculations on these. Add a 10k qualifying score to ranked rewards?

Expand actual ranking places lower and include alpha shards. The 7 day event has this concept.

Make milestones slightly easier or a bit more rewarding. If you don't want to focus on percentage based ranked rewards right now because of early gamestage.. sure.. but if we grind 5 days difficulty 18 is quite a challenge for 5 days to get 100 shards. I can raid for 5 days with those heros and get 1k shards.

AM is fun but we all have limited rosters.. people will burn out on raids etc.. gotta make the best part of the game worthwhile!
    you look in the top Alliances? 450K all with 24K Players.. all with 3*r4 .. lol yea top 100 near only beta players

Wrong, I am in the alliance with an 18k rating and 1 r4 do your research before you whine
    edited April 2017
    Mike - There are a few ways to solve this. Add a top 1% reward to ranked events and figure out a way to exclude the nothing alliances which are undoubtedly ruining some of your percentage calculations on these. Add a 10k qualifying score to ranked rewards?

Expand actual ranking places lower and include alpha shards. The 7 day event has this concept.

Make milestones slightly easier or a bit more rewarding. If you don't want to focus on percentage based ranked rewards right now because of early gamestage.. sure.. but if we grind 5 days difficulty 18 is quite a challenge for 5 days to get 100 shards. I can raid for 5 days with those heros and get 1k shards.

AM is fun but we all have limited rosters.. people will burn out on raids etc.. gotta make the best part of the game worthwhile!

Or just keep putting in the time as more alliance rank more rewards open up we ran am in beta with 250 alpha for top spot if I remember right but guess what we ran it over and over to get better run higher difficulties because we knew eventually rewards get better and being more experienced is going to yield more rewards down the road. There will always be road blocks in this game alphas are it now, then will be t3 ect they are going to limit how fast people can progress.

But I digress the milestones could be adjusted or rank the 3 day rewards were setup nicer lol
  • Hey all, just as a reminder to keep the conversation civil. I know that sometimes it can get hard when discussing stuff you're passionate about, but remember to keep the discussion polite and constructive!