Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cheetor dash in and Arcee’s bleed

Just noticed that when fighting with Cheetor against Arcee, although your dash in attack triggers a miss with Arcee’s ranged, you still get hit with a bleed. Is this the way it’s supposed to be?

My thinking is that you would only get the bleed if you’re hit. Unless it works the way Blaster’s ranged stacks interference on you (you still get it if it misses close enough).

Comments

• SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Well, yeah arcee shouldn't do that unless hit. Maybe Ranged hit him and other ones miss but still he must evade. It seems a glitch.
    Maybe @Manthro know about it.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited June 2018
    It's about the hitting box. If you dodge Grindor's close ranged SP1, he still applies crit debuff to you. If you dodge ranged hits using shield-protecting Soundwave in the last moment, you'll see Soundwave changes line but the shots are reflected as well. Oh, I see you mentioned Blaster as well.
    These all should be fixed by changing them into considering landed hits instead of "hits on the hitting box". That way, what you'll probably see fixed as well, is the mysterious whiff of melee hits.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Well, yeah arcee shouldn't do that unless hit. Maybe Ranged hit him and other ones miss but still he must evade. It seems a glitch.

If he responds, let me know what he says, I think I’m on his ignore list so I won’t see it.
    It's about the hitting box. If you dodge Grindor's close ranged SP1, he still applies crit debuff to you. If you dodge ranged hits using shield-protecting Soundwave in the last moment, you'll see Soundwave changes line but the shots are reflected as well. Oh, I see you mentioned Blaster as well.
    These all should be fixed by changing them into considering landed hits instead of "hits on the hitting box". That way, what you'll probably see fixed as well, is the mysterious whiff of melee hits.

Yeah, I guess it’s like them. I could live with Grindor’s and Blaster’s (and I guess Hot Rod’s decelerate) effects, but Arcee’s one takes away health. Heh, though I’m not sure how frequent I’ll have a Cheetor vs. Arcee matchup. :)
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Well, Grindor and Arcee must not do that..
    Blaster is relevant,, as his ranged don't cause interference, but the sonic disruption they causes while they passes by cause interference, so when ranged passes close to opponent they cause sonic disruption which further causes interference maybe that's how it work,, logically
    Well, Grindor and Arcee must not do that..
    Blaster is relevant,, as his ranged don't cause interference, but the sonic disruption they causes while they passes by cause interference, so when ranged passes close to opponent they cause sonic disruption which further causes interference maybe that's how it work,, logically

Your explanation on Blaster’s thing makes sense.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Darm0k wrote: »

If he responds, let me know what he says, I think I’m on his ignore list so I won’t see it.

Yeah, I guess it’s like them. I could live with Grindor’s and Blaster’s (and I guess Hot Rod’s decelerate) effects, but Arcee’s one takes away health. Heh, though I’m not sure how frequent I’ll have a Cheetor vs. Arcee matchup. :)

Nobody is on my ignore list. As for this particular issue, @KillMasterC is spot on. It's about the hitboxes, and not about actually getting hit.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Nobody is on my ignore list. As for this particular issue, @KillMasterC is spot on. It's about the hitboxes, and not about actually getting hit.

Huh? Oh weird. Well, for some reason I couldn't see any of your posts (just started showing up again today). As for the hitboxes, yeah, I guess I can get that. Just wished Arcee's one didn't work like that since it stacks bleed. I was hoping the 'MISS' that shows up during Cheetor's dash could override the hitbox thing, but I guess not. Oh well.