Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Forging 4 Stars?

Is it worth it to forge 4* bots? Has anyone done this enough to know if its worth doing?

I'm asking since I got 5* Shockwave and have a few 4* that I just don't use at all and don't even really like. I couldn't care less about Mixmaster and I just got a 4* Hound today and I dislike him more than I dislike Barricade! I've had 3* versions of MM and Hound but eventually forged them after playing them and not really caring for MM and just outright hating Hound. So, should I leave them in my roster, maybe for arena matches, or forge them? I haven't put points into MM but he is duped, and no points or dupes of Hound since I just

Comments

• If it is hound, them just forge him away.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    The higher ranked and forged the 4* are the more forge they give so from that stand point you should level them and forge them then forge them to the 5*
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    A 4* at r5 is generally better than a 5* at r2, so I'd say until you can r3 your 5*s, they aren't really worth working on. I just get them to 1/10 and use them on base and in arenas. I'm putting all my t3cs into maxing as many 4*s as I can, in anticipation of the day when t4b is easier to get. Then I can start to forge a bit of them, get the maximum amount of forge points and 5* crystal shards, and not decimate my arena potential.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    Thanks. Yeah, my Shockwave is 1/10 and I love playing with him. I got the hang of him with the 3* version, and really enjoy using him. I had unduped Mirage for my tech 4*, but I'm doing better on raids and arenas, and missions using Shockwave instead.

I really don't like the idea of spending ore on Hound, but I also don't want to get just 21 5* shards if I forge him. I do have a ton of warrior ore (BC and Bludgeon are my only 4* warriors and they're rank 4) but haven't really had any to use it on. So, I guess I could beef Hound up a bit before getting rid of him.

Funny, but if Kabam came up with a G1 skin for Hound, I'd keep him but he's got 2 strikes against him already being a Bayverse bot and then being modeled after real life John Goodman (why would they ever make a fatty Transformer?!), and third strike being that he just plain sucks to play qualifies him for forging to me!
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Thanks. Yeah, my Shockwave is 1/10 and I love playing with him. I got the hang of him with the 3* version, and really enjoy using him. I had unduped Mirage for my tech 4*, but I'm doing better on raids and arenas, and missions using Shockwave instead.

I really don't like the idea of spending ore on Hound, but I also don't want to get just 21 5* shards if I forge him. I do have a ton of warrior ore (BC and Bludgeon are my only 4* warriors and they're rank 4) but haven't really had any to use it on. So, I guess I could beef Hound up a bit before getting rid of him.

Funny, but if Kabam came up with a G1 skin for Hound, I'd keep him but he's got 2 strikes against him already being a Bayverse bot and then being modeled after real life John Goodman (why would they ever make a fatty Transformer?!), and third strike being that he just plain sucks to play qualifies him for forging to me!

Couple things;

First, I believe the amount of 5* shards you get is multiplied by 5, which is in line with 5* shards given for duping a 4*. Not from personal experience, but I’ve read it on here.

Second, don’t underestimate hound, he can be useful if duped and with the right squad. Mv1, IH, drift, many good bots get a boost from him. Agreed about the bayverse issue you have though, g1 rules.

I get he’s no bonecrusher or bludgeon to play with, but play him right, and his utility can be surprising against almost anything except brawlers.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    Is it worth it to forge 4* bots? Has anyone done this enough to know if its worth doing?

I'm asking since I got 5* Shockwave and have a few 4* that I just don't use at all and don't even really like. I couldn't care less about Mixmaster and I just got a 4* Hound today and I dislike him more than I dislike Barricade! I've had 3* versions of MM and Hound but eventually forged them after playing them and not really caring for MM and just outright hating Hound. So, should I leave them in my roster, maybe for arena matches, or forge them? I haven't put points into MM but he is duped, and no points or dupes of Hound since I just

Try to upgrade them as much as possible the higher rank, tier, and pi the more rewards you get
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Since there is a T3C arena coming, I think it's better to keep all your 4*'s.