Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

I love Mixmaster... Buuuut

So... I was interested in seeing how good concussive block would get at high Sig levels, as I think it is an awesome ability once you learn to utilize it.

One of my alliance mates has a Sig 95 Mix, so I compared it to my Sig 20 Mix. This is what we found:

v0ypbcchru8g.jpg
via062va84mt.png

So.. Sig level on Mix just increases block proficiency? That doesn't seem right at all. The damage returned on concussive blocks should be increasing as well. 40% damage return on Sig 95 doesn't sit well, especially since it's a Sig ability that you have to be very good at using to get anything out of it.

Mix is already not liked by the majority of the player community. This doesn't help at all. That 40% damage return needs to scale with Sig level somehow. It should be hitting near 100% at max Sig, in my opinion.

Comments

• LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Well, the other side of the equation is how he plays as a defender. I get “perfect” fights on mix all the time expect for his concussion block. You can avoid his concussion block if you are really careful, but increasing the damage to 100% would scale way to high for a defender.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    yeah, 100% would see him doing 1k hits at r5/50 100 forge. His sig needs to allow him enough time to land ranged attacks and knock them back far enough to allow it. The block proficiency is fine - I bet he hardly takes any damage when high hp.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    I don't see what the issue is with increasing return damage on concussive block. Let's take a look at soundwave:

3f116opvifqv.png

Now... while it's only a 25% chance at my current Sig level, it goes MUCH higher as the Sig increases... Also, I believe Soundwave has a hidden ability that can 100% reflect (if I'm not mistaken) on a perfect block. And He reduces damage and amplifies return damage to 140%

He can do this with ranged heavies as well, so the argument that basic ranged does less damage is moot.

I still don't see why Mix shouldn't scale damage as his Sig increases, especially when his ability requires the player to block each time.

With Soundwave, you can just stand there if your Sig is high enough, and you also have the option of perfect blocking to reflect.

Ok, sonic shield isn't always active, but he gains power fast enough that it nearly is.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Well Mix sign is easy avoid just two ranged before dash.
    He really needs to be powered up
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    edited June 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    I don't see what the issue is with increasing return damage on concussive block. Let's take a look at soundwave:

3f116opvifqv.png

Now... while it's only a 25% chance at my current Sig level, it goes MUCH higher as the Sig increases... Also, I believe Soundwave has a hidden ability that can 100% reflect (if I'm not mistaken) on a perfect block. And He reduces damage and amplifies return damage to 140%

He can do this with ranged heavies as well, so the argument that basic ranged does less damage is moot.

I still don't see why Mix shouldn't scale damage as his Sig increases, especially when his ability requires the player to block each time.

With Soundwave, you can just stand there if your Sig is high enough, and you also have the option of perfect blocking to reflect.

Ok, sonic shield isn't always active, but he gains power fast enough that it nearly is.

90% @ sig 100
    phj2ejp2rlty.png

Some bots get much more utility at higher sig lvl like Soundwave, others get less like Mv1:

3bi2zpyyc2l0.png

So it’s better to use your sig programs on certain bots even if you don’t like them just because they get more benefit.