Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Crystals, Feature Chips, and the Waiting Game - An Idea

So here we are at the end of the cycle again and there is no reason to open crystals and waste chips until the next feature. So no ore, no gold, and nothing to open. I understand the original thought process behind feature chips and limiting the ability to hoard them but people basically hoard crystals until the next feature so it's very similar.

I dare to say even if chips were made generic the cost of the features makes duping beyond once or twice a waste regardless. You could also just cap the feature at 4 or 5 instead of 21, which is just absurd anyway. I just don't see that much of a difference when people stop opening crystals after the first few days of the cycle versus having generic type chips or something else.

Comments

• LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I agree with this post. Featured chips should be generic. Another argument for making chips generic is how you earn them through away missions.

I have never done an away missions with featured chips because I always end up with unspent featured chips at the end of the month and they get converted to gold. There is a small possibility that the chips I could earn through away missions would give me enough to purchase 1 more 4* or 3*, but I have never ended the month that close where they would make a difference. Since the cost to run these away missions is so expensive you just end up loosing gold in the end which is counter productive. Making the chips generic would make running the featured chip away missions worthwhile.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Making the chips generic may also discourage people from playing and staying attached to game, certainly not what Kabam wants.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    You can still open any crystal that doesn't include non-shark bots.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    This makes so much sense... what’s the point of having different bot chips anyway??? Just have one pile of features bot chips and we can continuously build and pile it up and decide when we want to use it. Don’t need to think like oh should I try for next dupe or don’t bother, but just keep playing for more chips. It would encourage people to buy more as well, since bot chips can be used for next month’s bot as well and not just one month.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited June 2018

Is that just a convoluted way of saying to open Sharkticon crystals?

I also agree that chips are better off generic. And to cap the featured bot purchase at a lower number. As it is, does anyone actually get close to duping the bot 20 times?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited June 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »

Is that just a convoluted way of saying to open Sharkticon crystals?

I also agree that chips are better off generic. And to cap the featured bot purchase at a lower number. As it is, does anyone actually get close to duping the bot 20 times?

Actually there are other crystals like mod, gold, arena, rank up, alliance and 4hour. They together offer a stable flow of gold and ore which the OP think is lacking.

Getting generic is cool. Kabam still needs to bring something more to fill in the better casual half of a month where the game is stale. What motivation do we have if the current featured is duped (thanks to monthly objective anyway) even before the raid week? I grind story 5 times a day that's it.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Actually there are other crystals like mod, gold, arena, rank up, alliance and 4hour. They together offer a stable flow of gold and ore which the OP think is lacking.

Oh yeah, that’s true. Though, I did like it as a fancy way of saying open up a shark....
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited June 2018
    I actually really like @Nightgaunt idea as it seems like a fair deal for Kabam to push an extra incentive to play during each feature bot cycle outside the monthly objectives, which I might add has been awesome.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    That’s really not much different than my suggestion. This Tantrum delay is a perfect example. If you make chips generic then it doesn’t delay progression. Instead limit the number of dupes a person can purchase and a person can’t hoard forever.