Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Arcee not generating power correctly

It seems that Arcees power does not generate properly when delivering hits to the opponent. It typically takes about 10 hits on the opponent (no hits received) to generate one bar of power for your special but Arcee seems to get stuck sometimes and even after 15-20 blows delivered still doesn't even have one power bar. Affecting 2 & 3 star version. Not sure about 1 star.

Comments

• Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Read her description she doesnt gain power unless she lands a critical
  • Options
    AlfmasterAlfmaster Posts: 10
    No, it says a critical hit gains her 20% of a power bar, not that she only gains power on critical hits. So she is not functioning correctly
  • Options
    Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    edited April 2017
    Alfmaster wrote: »
    No, it says a critical hit gains her 20% of a power bar, not that she only gains power on critical hits. So she is not functioning correctly

It seems that you aren't familiar with what "hidden patch notes" means.

Get used to it, Kabam just ninja nerfed Arcee. Many people, including myself, have complained about Arcee not gaining power normally and Kabam hasn't given a proper answer to anyone about this. So, it isn't that "is not functioning correctly".
  • Options
    She never was intended to gain power any other way they just didn't put she gains no power... otherwise she would be insanely op, go look at mv1 willpower description says about extra power gain 0% because it was easier to change the number than write whole code different when they changed his
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    She never was intended to gain power any other way they just didn't put she gains no power... otherwise she would be insanely op, go look at mv1 willpower description says about extra power gain 0% because it was easier to change the number than write whole code different when they changed his

It all depends on her critical rate. I would have put her closer to an awakened Vision where he synthesizes power or maybe even a Hyperion who gains power fairly quickly. Considering her specials don't hit very hard, I would consider this a good way to balance the character out. And they have appended code before to better explain how something works as I have seen it done on MCOC. It's not difficult to write a sentence into that portion of the code.

Kabam's track record also shows that they do make errors on how a character functions so until they either write the sentence correctly or fix how she gains power, it is a bug.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Ok you guys keep calling it a bug if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside it's been this way since day one, now they nerfed her at global and made her trash she use to get a crit buff when evading which then she critted nicely and gained power at insane rates at time if rng played out I even did an l3 once and she finished with 2 bars of power.

She use to be my favorite character to play due to randomness and how awesome the power gain could be and stopping evades now she's one my most hated
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Ok you guys keep calling it a bug if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside it's been this way since day one, now they nerfed her at global and made her trash she use to get a crit buff when evading which then she critted nicely and gained power at insane rates at time if rng played out I even did an l3 once and she finished with 2 bars of power.

She use to be my favorite character to play due to randomness and how awesome the power gain could be and stopping evades now she's one my most hated

Its the old saying "It's a bug until they document it then it becomes a feature."
  • Options
    BUMP... @Kabam Miike , please respond. Thank you
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    It's not a bug, man. Seriously, get used to it. They didn't "fix" it since beta, they won't now. It's not a bug for them, it's the way it is suppossed to work.
  • Options
    ShadowboundShadowbound Posts: 55
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ZeSENHJdg

Video explaining Arcee changes upon release. Also explaining how she was before in beta.

Entire time, she's been in game this is the norm.

Should it say it in the character page, yes. Does it...nope.
  • Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    If you guys could read a little you'd understand itsnnot a bug instead you be a 2 year old and flag posts instead of taking help.... what do u come to the forums for we are trying to help I don't get why that doesn't make sense
  • Options
    @Amano I think a simple question that can be addressed by Kabam in one minute does not constitute acting like a two year old. Responding with "Seriously, get used to it" or "if you guys read a little" I think would more qualify that as acting like a child than a simple request for a response from the developers. If you don't like my post, please don't respond thereby not wasting your time nor my time. @Shadowbound has offered the best insight into this to date and that is appreciated! It is apparent based on the video that they have been modifying her throughout beta and obviously the game still is somewhat a work in progress.

I think there is still an opportunity for @Kabam Miike to put it to rest once and for all by either saying "Yes, this is a bug that we are looking at" or "No, this is not a bug and intended functionality and we will address in patch 12.0".

Thank you to @Mustangjon as well for ending the conversation maturely when he felt there was nothing more to address from his view and it would not make sense to continue the conversation.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Man, your problem it's that you won't accept Arcee's situation until someone from Kabam answers you when we already have, even more than once. Hell, even on the vid Shadow posted it said that Arcee can't generate power through normal means since beta. It's not that we don't like your post, it's that you're being too stubborn up to the point that you won't listen to anyone about this concern except Kabam devs/mods. And if we don't care for the devs/mods to clarify this "bug" it's because IT'S NOT A "BUG".

If we give you "childish" answers it's because you still denying the facts.

@Kabam Miike, can you please clarify if this guy's so-called "bug" it's true or not?
  • Options
    Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    Arcee really need to get some unique buff she is just become a below avreage bot.
  • Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Alfmaster wrote: »
    @Amano I think a simple question that can be addressed by Kabam in one minute does not constitute acting like a two year old. Responding with "Seriously, get used to it" or "if you guys read a little" I think would more qualify that as acting like a child than a simple request for a response from the developers. If you don't like my post, please don't respond thereby not wasting your time nor my time. @Shadowbound has offered the best insight into this to date and that is appreciated! It is apparent based on the video that they have been modifying her throughout beta and obviously the game still is somewhat a work in progress.

I think there is still an opportunity for @Kabam Miike to put it to rest once and for all by either saying "Yes, this is a bug that we are looking at" or "No, this is not a bug and intended functionality and we will address in patch 12.0".

Thank you to @Mustangjon as well for ending the conversation maturely when he felt there was nothing more to address from his view and it would not make sense to continue the conversation.

Don't see the difference between 5 people or one forum moderator how about you accept a fact
  • Options
    @Amano -The difference between 5 people telling me how she currently functions (which is plain to see) vs. a Kabam employee specifically stating this is the design or not the design are completely different. Has Kabam posted anything specifically documenting this is appropriate functionality? If so, please point me to it so we can close this thread down.

If we want to look at facts, her information says that critical hits gains 20% power. As it doesn't say "she gains power only on critical hits" and she does gain power when being hit, then it begs the question I am asking.

I am not sure why you want to continue this discussion as I'd probably just let it die on the vine at this point but appreciate you continuing it as it keeps my topic near the top.

I appreciate the knowledge provided by those that have been playing during the beta period but isn't there room for questions to be asked by others to the game if the answers from the game designers aren't there as of yet?

Thank you and continue your community assistance!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Kabam Miike can you pretty PLEASE give an answer to this stubborn guy already? I'm really growing tired of both this situation and his smartass actitude.
  • Options
    Hey @Alfmaster,

These guys are right, Arcee only gains Power from Critical Hits.

It's also important to note that you will not always get an answer from a Kabam Moderator here. We do try and make sure that we can address as many questions as possible, but there is a wealth of knowledge in your fellow players.

Forums aren't only a place to speak to us, but a place to exchange thoughts, ideas and information with other players as well!
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike Thank you for the confirmation and reply as it is appreciated!
  • Options
    Thank you @Kabam Miike . Finally, I'm glad this "issue" has been solved.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Alkaiser_93 Not really as Kabam should update the description so it reads properly or change the functionality of Arcee to match the description. But it answers as this is the intended function and other players can now search and locate this answer from Kabam.
  • Options
    Just so you know, I hate smartasses.
  • Options
    Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    edited May 2017
    even if her ability is to gain power only from critical hit is also pain.also % or chance of generating power is less then normal hits.she really needs aome improvement