Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

TRADING.

Ladies and Gents,

Okay, more specifically Kabam.

How's about an option to retain interest from noobs and vets alike by allowing a TIME-LIMITED trade of mods, power ups and BOTS?
I get the grinding, luck and paid content factors, but please consider maybe a 2-day grace period for duplicates as i imagine this would be beneficial for the longevity of this game.
Yes, I'm quite new at this, April 2018-ish, but the amount of 4* duplicate bots is already quite ridiculous.
12x4* bots, out of a possible 40+ and I've had 8 duplicates happen. In just 3 months!
3* no one really cares, but this is plain weird, mathematically.
My thumbs now look like a builder's.

Comments

• Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    This idea has been implemented a million times before, so I'm going to make response that has been said a million times before

"Someone is going to create a bunch of alternate accounts to abuse the feature and trade with themself"
    I know I am!
    I get the urge to trade and the hatred on trade, 2 opposite things, but they've been duplicated quite some time, every 'Trade' thread is nearly the same thing over and over, every 'Trade' response is either "Someone is going to..." or "Yes, very good, I love it". But this thread is different, this thread has a different style to it that I just find quite charming.
    Yes, I'm quite old at this, but it does't mean that I'm quick. You can get 12 4*s and 8 dupes in just 3 months? I can create 12 different accounts in just 2 days, at least 2 of them will get noob luck, so at least I'll get 2 new good 4*s, need to get rid of that 4* Sideswipe. Not to mention I can trade with retired players too, I was friends with a lot of retired players.
    No one cares about the newbies and roleplayers getting scammed on global chat, really.
    My thumb still looks the same.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Propose a way Kabam can profit off of a trading system while policing it with their own marketplace, and you might get something in the distant future.

That's the only way they would ever consider it. I've said it time and time again.
  • Options
    PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    Manthro wrote: »
    Propose a way Kabam can profit off of a trading system while policing it with their own marketplace, and you might get something in the distant future.

That's the only way they would ever consider it. I've said it time and time again.

They could put in a new item only available in store to send $ bot to user $ the higher the rank tier the more the cost
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    All helpful comments.
    Monetized trading, i understand on the part of the devs, but trading with your own multiple accounts?
    They should burn the ID onto your device, so you'd need multiple DEVICES (which would cost more than buying paid content) to make any sort of headway.
    I've been into games since the Atari 2600, but could NEVER understand why people CHEAT.
    Isn't it counter intuitive to, you know, ENJOYING THE GAME?
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

I’m not for trading and pretty sure wouldn’t use it, but just throwing out some thoughts.

Make it cost energon to trade. And not some token amount like 10 or 20, but in the hundreds and scales higher based on the strength/rarity of the bot. The energon doesn’t go to the player, but back to Kabam. The player loaning the bot gets nothing.

Limit the time of the trade to 30 - 60 minutes or less and there’s a cool down period after getting the bot back so it can’t be used right away.
  • Options
    lilbeastielilbeastie Posts: 89
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    All helpful comments.
    Monetized trading, i understand on the part of the devs, but trading with your own multiple accounts?
    They should burn the ID onto your device, so you'd need multiple DEVICES (which would cost more than buying paid content) to make any sort of headway.
    I've been into games since the Atari 2600, but could NEVER understand why people CHEAT.
    Isn't it counter intuitive to, you know, ENJOYING THE GAME?

not sure why you think multiple devices would change anything - many people have a phone and an iPad for example, or one or more old phones capable of running the game fine.

It's all moot anyway, as Kabam will never allow trading for the very good reasons mentioned.
  • Options
    Darm0k wrote: »

I’m not for trading and pretty sure wouldn’t use it, but just throwing out some thoughts.

Make it cost energon to trade. And not some token amount like 10 or 20, but in the hundreds and scales higher based on the strength/rarity of the bot. The energon doesn’t go to the player, but back to Kabam. The player loaning the bot gets nothing.

Limit the time of the trade to 30 - 60 minutes or less and there’s a cool down period after getting the bot back so it can’t be used right away.

I'm not for trading either, I personally think it will completely ruin the game economy... But everytime I say what I want to say about it, someone gets ultra butthurt and throws a tantrum, so I took the higher road this time.
  • Options
    SkyraiderSkyraider Posts: 14
    I agree. Also, since you can soon buy tantrums in the store, there will be lots of them to throw.
  • Options
    Skyraider wrote: »
    I agree. Also, since you can soon buy tantrums in the store, there will be lots of them to throw.

I see what you did there
  • Options
    This game is getting pretty Horri-bull
  • Options
    Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 85
    Trading would be a Bugly Misfire.
  • Options
    What a load of (Titans Return) KROK.