Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Introducing: Featured 5-Star Bots

Comments

• that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    I'm gonna be honest, I'm very jealous of all of you that have pulled the 5-Star Tantrum...

You can always ask for favours with the dev team...
  • bummblezee3bummblezee3 Posts: 251
    its just torture 1 million!
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Update on chip count: 360k got a 4 star and 3 star for objectives so at 260k atm. Still a long ways off but still have yet to do a lot as far as arenas and double am chips this week.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    I bought a 3* and 4* for objectives and I'm currently at 360k chips. I don't buy the energon packages either. Nor do I arena for the chips and don't do much raiding.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I'm at 550k, bought 1 3*. Have opened an awful lot of crystals and done nearly all objectives. This is super hard going
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    376k so far. All objectives compelete. Spending money like crazy, buying every deal. I’m in a top 40 alliance.

1M is way to steep. Needs to be 500k.
    edited July 2018
    Vavatron wrote: »
    376k so far. All objectives compelete. Spending money like crazy, buying every deal. I’m in a top 40 alliance.

1M is way to steep. Needs to be 500k.

Yeah, 1m is way too steep. I'd saved up 13 4* crystals (all dupes) and lots of other crystals, have bought 70 Headstrong crystals (only got 3 4*...) and opened 4 5* crystals (1 dupe) and I'm a shade over 600k at the moment. Far, far too steep.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I already made a discussion about this Mike...so I will have to close this thread lol :p
    edited July 2018
    Deleted... never mind. It’s not important.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Ok. So whens someone gonna start this thread :

The Tantrum Gambit - My Ultimate Goal at a Dupe 5* Tantrum
    m00nshine wrote: »
    Ok. So whens someone gonna start this thread :

The Tantrum Gambit - My Ultimate Goal at a Dupe 5* Tantrum

I'll have one by the end of the month...
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    Honestly the only change i'd like to see implemented at this time is the 30 min AM energy recharge
    Dude I know has over 2million chips. But he also bought like 300-400 feature crystals.
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Dude I know has over 2million chips. But he also bought like 300-400 feature crystals.

wow :o
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

I know many whales in this game, but that's just too much, that dude must be filthy rich IRL.
    That’s a Kracken not a whale.
    Gunz0 wrote: »

I know many whales in this game, but that's just too much, that dude must be filthy rich IRL.

I think to be classes as a whale you need to be buying 3 grimlocks a week at the very least. There are some huge spenders but not many
    Bam!!!

71x1nh8k72k0.png
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580

That's MCoC money. I remember reading when Mafesto (sp?) came out people were spending $400 US trying to get him as a 4*. That's when I knew I was doomed to be a normy in that game.

That's MCoC money. I remember reading when Mafesto (sp?) came out people were spending $400 US trying to get him as a 4*. That's when I knew I was doomed to be a normy in that game.

Honestly I am not sure how much this guy spends or how often he spends. I just know he had 66k+ energon in his account right before hearing about all these crystals he bought.
    Bam!!!

71x1nh8k72k0.png

For clarification, this was a result of Headstrong Crystals not Chips.

• Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580

Honestly I am not sure how much this guy spends or how often he spends. I just know he had 66k+ energon in his account right before hearing about all these crystals he bought.

66k energon?!? How is that even possible?
  • bummblezee3bummblezee3 Posts: 251
    Bam!!!

71x1nh8k72k0.png

nice job

66k energon?!? How is that even possible?

Man.. I have no idea but he is the second person I have seen with that much energon at one time
  • TreeTree Posts: 36
    1 million is a joke and Kabam knows it..they can back pedal all they want and say its possible...but in reality there is no way
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Tree wrote: »
    1 million is a joke and Kabam knows it..they can back pedal all they want and say its possible...but in reality there is no way

5* bots were never intended to be "free" every single month.

Everyone needs to stop being so butthurt about it.

Save up tons of crystals for one you really truly want, or buy your way to it.
    Manthro wrote: »

I think 1m is too steep too though mate - I think 500k is about right
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299

I'm gonna disagree with you on this. Since chips have been a thing the idea was you get features from playing...ill post a quote from miike when chips came out.

"This is gonna be big! You’ll no longer have to compete against each other in Arenas for a chance at a small pool of Featured Bots, or rely solely on Crystals for access to the newest arrivals to New Quintessa. Now, all you’ve gotta do is play!"

If that stance has changed and they adopt your philosophy and say you either hoard crystals for 2 months or you drop a thousand dollars and you can get the five star, they should say that.

But, so far they've said they'll be keeping a close eye on it and it's supposed to be a stretch but not impossible. Since features take up the whole month, you should be able to get a feature 5 star every month if you grind your ass off. Which is impossible in my opinion. I think they should reduce it to 500k cause that is a stretch if you are also going for monthly objectives but not impossible. 1 mill is only possible whales at this point and I am of the opinion that's a bad way to go for this game.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    you're kind of doing the modern social media thing and chopping up quotes out of context. That Miike quote was from the introduction of 4* bot of the months...you can't really apply that quote here for a 5* bot.

I personally have no stance on the 5* amount since 1mmor 500k is still out of my league but to me.. a 4* is what everyone should be able to get if they play. 5* should only be accessible for the top players otherwise if all of us can grind for a 5*, it just kills the progression of the game.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2018
    Totherkins wrote: »

I'm gonna disagree with you on this. Since chips have been a thing the idea was you get features from playing...ill post a quote from miike when chips came out.

"This is gonna be big! You’ll no longer have to compete against each other in Arenas for a chance at a small pool of Featured Bots, or rely solely on Crystals for access to the newest arrivals to New Quintessa. Now, all you’ve gotta do is play!"

If that stance has changed and they adopt your philosophy and say you either hoard crystals for 2 months or you drop a thousand dollars and you can get the five star, they should say that.

But, so far they've said they'll be keeping a close eye on it and it's supposed to be a stretch but not impossible. Since features take up the whole month, you should be able to get a feature 5 star every month if you grind your ass off. Which is impossible in my opinion. I think they should reduce it to 500k cause that is a stretch if you are also going for monthly objectives but not impossible. 1 mill is only possible whales at this point and I am of the opinion that's a bad way to go for this game.

Look, I'm just playing devils advocate here.

If you want the real low down on how this system works, here it is:

It was never ever intended to be 100% free. It was set up as a trap to require purchase of the new 5* feature crystal, which in turn meant you would probably draw one and not need the 1mil as a result anyway.

Or... Hoard crystals for months on end until you see one you really want, which stunts your progression in the game anyway. This is turn makes players consider buying more resources to keep up, since they aren't getting the resources from duplicating bots and/or progressing their accounts to conquer end game content.

From a business standpoint, it's evil genius level marketing.

No amount of complaining is gonna change the possible adjustment to how many chips it costs. They are going to study the data and make a move (or not) based off that.

That's the truth.