Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Control Issues - Auto Dash Forward

I’m having issues where my bots will dash forward on their own. I know this issue has been around and others have complained about it. We had a huge thread on the control issues before but don’t think anything changed. I’m not sure how to give you Kabam evidence this is happening. I’ve played this game long enough that I know not to dash forward into specials yet this keeps happening over and over again.

Things I have tried:
- restarting my phone
- reinstalling the game
- Using different phones (iPhone 6s+, multiple 7s+, iPad Air 2)
- rotation lock
- only running this game, LINE and Telegram on my phone and nothing else (aside from the default programs)

You have to understand how frustrating control issues is for players. We can’t play this game properly if bots are going to have random movements come in at some of the worst times. How can we work together to get to the root of this problem? Let us know Kabam and I’m sure this player base is more than willing to give you whatever info you want.

Comments

• iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited July 2018
    My controls have been unresponsive and doing strange things aswell, not unlike what OP is describing.

Not that it matters, but:
    iPhone 8
    iOS 11.3.1
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Sometimes it happens to me if screen is not so clean or my hands little wet or slippery.
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    JKL wrote: »
    I’m having issues where my bots will dash forward on their own. I know this issue has been around and others have complained about it. We had a huge thread on the control issues before but don’t think anything changed. I’m not sure how to give you Kabam evidence this is happening. I’ve played this game long enough that I know not to dash forward into specials yet this keeps happening over and over again.

Things I have tried:
    - restarting my phone
    - reinstalling the game
    - Using different phones (iPhone 6s+, multiple 7s+, iPad Air 2)
    - rotation lock
    - only running this game, LINE and Telegram on my phone and nothing else (aside from the default programs)

You have to understand how frustrating control issues is for players. We can’t play this game properly if bots are going to have random movements come in at some of the worst times. How can we work together to get to the root of this problem? Let us know Kabam and I’m sure this player base is more than willing to give you whatever info you want.

I've tried all those same troubleshooting steps as well and it never seems to help. What I've been noticing lately besides the input lag, is the iPad is confusing touch and swipes. Sometimes I'll swipe and I'll see the bot block instead. When holding a block and wanting to evade back and my thumb just twitches a little in a direction, the bot seems to jump in that direction, and yet full swipes the bot won't move. The controls inconsistency just seems to be getting worse. Running through the mastery missions it just seems to be worse. My iPad heats up from the game and the control inputs seem to delay even longer between taps and the bots actually responding.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Sometimes it happens to me if screen is not so clean or my hands little wet or slippery.

I don’t want to know why your screen is dirty with your hands being slippery.... :o
  • I also have an issue with bots not side stepping when done correctly (especially with primal). It’s like it doesn’t understand the command (the swipe) and just stays there.
  • splendicsplendic Posts: 56
    I have the exact opposite problem. After firing a single ranged shot, I swipe forward to rush in and my bot just fires another ranged shot. Often happens twice in a row.

I think it has something to do with "fixed" animations in updates and now having to wait an extra millisecond to rush, but the control is definitely different the last few months than what I've been used to over the past year.
  • You know, if we had a proper control system option using a bluetooth control pad...
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    splendic wrote: »
    I have the exact opposite problem. After firing a single ranged shot, I swipe forward to rush in and my bot just fires another ranged shot. Often happens twice in a row.

I think it has something to do with "fixed" animations in updates and now having to wait an extra millisecond to rush, but the control is definitely different the last few months than what I've been used to over the past year.

I also have the same as your.
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    I keep dashing forward after swiping DOWN to dodge. It happens often enough that im certain its not just me.
    So much random dashing and setting off specials when I’m no where near the button....
    Testing