Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Anyone else having an insanely hard time with the last few Expert spotlight missions?

Those Prime Boost mods multiplying attack and health are making the last few Expert missions utterly brutal. Don't get me wrong, I don't want victory to be easy - I actually think the first couple of Expert spotlight missions are a little too easy - but this feels like it's scaled up massively from the last couple of months. I'm using a team of sig-unlocked 4*R5s and a 5*R1 and even the slightest mistake is being mercilessly punished.

Anyone else feeling like the difficulty of the later Expert missions has ramped up a lot from previous months?

Comments

• Nightgaunt wrote: »
    Those Prime Boost mods multiplying attack and health are making the last few Expert missions utterly brutal. Don't get me wrong, I don't want victory to be easy - I actually think the first couple of Expert spotlight missions are a little too easy - but this feels like it's scaled up massively from the last couple of months. I'm using a team of sig-unlocked 4*R5s and a 5*R1 and even the slightest mistake is being mercilessly punished.

Anyone else feeling like the difficulty of the later Expert missions has ramped up a lot from previous months?

I find that these few haven’t been bad at all (except for Motormaster. He can die a misereable death). Ones I wouldn’t like to see again are those insanely stupid waspinator and cheetor bosses. They are what you call difficult.

• I totally agree with you
    I was able to get through the first three without using any repair kits,
    But had to use them on the last few missions.
    I got up to the final boss Tantrum and the Energon shield was ridiculous! Lol!
    I might have been able to do it if I had used stronger bots. I’m using a R1 5*,
    2 R4 4*s and 2 R3 4*s and had to back out. I’ll just remember next time to play hard first to see what kind of mod the final boss has and then figure out if I want to attempt expert again.
  • dtorreskaterdtorreskater Posts: 118
    Yeah I'm not sure you remember expert dinobot month. Grimlock ruined me harrrd. Or MV1 either the previous month or another month (possibly hound's spotlight) with energon shield I think. those expert missions were intense! Maybe I'm a lot stronger now, I dont know.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    nope...
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2018
    What I've found that really helps is making your own touch wand by cutting off a couple of my fingers (or use a cadaver if you don't feel like using your own) and tying them to a couple of chopsticks.

This way, you can sit further away from your screen, and really focus on the game.

Calligraphy lessons help, as they will teach you the proper grip and decisive swiping motions required for getting the most accurate and reliable input from your new DIY touch wands.

You will wonder why you were playing with your clumsy cramped thumbs for so many weeks, and don't forget to make extra pairs of touch wands that you can stash in your car, briefcase or backpack.

This way you'll never be without them, and stuck in situations where you need find a knife and chopsticks (and string!), and have to cut another couple of fingers off of yourself (or someone else) and assemble a new touch wand before being able to play.

Hope this helps.

Oh.. you can substitute toes for fingers... But I recommend not using your big toe or pinky toe for the wand.. use one of the middle toes, otherwise you'll be completely off balance when you try to walk around.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    It differs from player to player as each have their own play style and roster variations. Expert is no pushover, but keep at it. You'll eventually fully complete expert and move on to master difficulty. What's your roster?

Personally, I've found this spotlight easier, but as I said, it differs from player to player.
  • Expert was actually ok imo. It's the first time I've been able to 100% an expert run instead of just 100% the first two chapters and barely completing the last one.
    Then again my top bots were already naturally 2 brawlers and 2 tacticians by happenstance, so that helped a lot against almost all of the bosses being brawlers (I sent starscream against the mixmaster boss and got it to 70% just from nullifying the buffs). The power-gain and defensive/resistance mods this time around tho...whew
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Best part: Sp3 of final two bosses are locked and guess what ....I have RHINOX he'll heal less with energon shield and hit hard with heavy and specials. And Mix with final special locked it will attract me like come hit me, you don't have to worry much.
  • LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    Just practice my friend and you will eventually get there!
  • NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    edited July 2018
    Thanks @Manthro , finally some advice I can get behind.

On a more serious note though, I've been doing full exploration on expert since they added master and expert had the difficulty lowered. It's challenging, but I've generally managed it OK, and with little need for repairs or revives other than some particularly challenging bot/mod combos. I did full exploration of chapter 1 of master last month as well. This month though, there's just been something about those last couple of expert missions that has made them really frustrating to beat. I think the Prime Boost mods are a factor in why I'm finding it so challenging, but the more I run through those final expert missions, the more I wonder if the AI has been given a shot in the arm too - it seems like even the simplest things, like counter attacking after blocking an enemy combo, are becoming exercises in frustration, with the AI blocking or dodging pretty much everything I throw at it no matter how good the setup is.

Off the back of someone mentioning fighting style, I'm also thinking that may be adding to the challenge for me personally. I tend to be more of an 'outside fighter', dashing in to attack then dashing back out with lots of movement and ranged attacks inbetween. I'm wondering if this style, especially the frequent use of ranged attacks, is working against me this month.

Can't remember who asked, but here's my squad. I basically have 6 mission bots, and almost always swap out whoever has the type disadvantage against the boss.

Galvatron 4*R4 sig10
    Hound 4*R4 sig5
    MV1 Prime 4*R4 sig15
    G1 Prime 4*R4 sig5
    Mirage 4*R4 sig5
    Barricade 5*R1 unduped
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Nightgaunt wrote: »

You should check out my fight against Tantrum in Master. These missions are not that hard.

https://youtu.be/_xAUtvqmDDg
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Nightgaunt wrote: »

You should check out my fight against Tantrum in Master. These missions are not that hard.

https://youtu.be/_xAUtvqmDDg

I just beat Tantrum once in Master, didn't seem too bad tbh
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    They use Prime Boost rather than increasing level of bots.. It considerably reduces attack reduction due to Disadvantage....
    Bcoz,, it's natural attack ratings is less, so reduction us according to natural attack rating and plus boost provided by Prime boost is counted when reduction.
    So if they remove 25/50% Prime Boost... And put naturally 25/50% stronger bots, it will be slot helpful
  • BrockfaceBrockface Posts: 7
    Yeah the AI is an expert on pushing you to the corner. Nice he didn't push you though lol .
    Any way the AI nows your strengths and weaknesses and adjusts acordingly
    Also he sit ting at 6k in the video tantrum knows he hits hard 2k 3k he will bully you in an heart beat