Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

More Platforms and Minor Game Tweaks

Transformers Forged to Fight is possibly the best mobile game on the appstore right now, and I have a few ideas on how to make it better!

1. Add voices. This is relatively difficult without proper leverage, but it's time to give bots a voice. Who wouldn't be thrilled to hear Frank Welker in battle?
2. Add unique victory animations. In the game, after a battle, your bot does one of about five victory animations. I think that we could give characters more personality by making one unique to each character. Again, more work for developers. What a hard life... :)
3. Add bots from other continuities. I'm not asking much, maybe like Unicron Trilogy? Armada Megatron would be cool.
4. Have more platforms. This game was initially designed as a mobile game to play during free time, but to others it has become so much more. Adding it to the Kindle appstore and even Steam would help expand the game into new territory! Even a downloadable version on Xbox, Playstation, and Nintendo consoles! I know, this is a lot of stuff.

In the end though, it depends on whether or not this game will stay the way it is for years to come, or are we going to turn a simple mobile game into the next Fortnite or Elder Scrolls? Just without over-hype. Don't be afraid to share your ideas too!

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    1. Soundwave is the only character with a voice. It'd be pretty cool if many characters share the same voice just like in MCOC, because I'm not sure whether Kabam will be able to give everyone a unique voice.
    2. Different animations would be great, Optimus Primal's animation should be transforming into his gorilla mode and beating his chest similiar to his SP3 animation, but in a different camera angle.
    3. Totally agree with this, I hope this will reduce the number of Jonson's Bayformers posts.
    4. I wonder if the micro transactions/cash grabs will be reduced on console versions.

I just hope the mods won't close this thread or merge it with Bee or Zee's posts.
  • UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited July 2018
    I remember @Bumblebee done a thread like this. A lot of good ideas. I just want to hear peter cullens voice.

Before the match starts
    Prime walks in with the camera behind him focusing on Megatron’s back turned to him

Megatron looks back suprised “prime!”

Prime reaches for his back and grabs his axe out “One shall stand, One shall fall”

Megatron gets in a fighting stance “hehehe such heroic nonsense”

This is the type of things i want. It will make this game a lot more fun
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited July 2018
    I remember @Bumblebee done a thread like this. A lot of good ideas. I just want to hear peter cullens voice.

Before the match starts
    Prime walks in with the camera behind him focusing on Megatron’s back turned to him

Prime reaches for his back and grabs his axe out “One shall stand, One shall fall”

In this way,,, This can cause bugs,, IMO,,, if each bot reacts different to each bot,,, then it will be too messy for DEV team to do this .
    It also waste 10-20 sec which are too worthy for a players who sneaked out of his busy schedule to complete a mission and make a move in AMs...

But,,, I'M 1001% IN FAVOR OF UNIQUE VICTORY ANIMATIONS.
  • I remember @Bumblebee done a thread like this. A lot of good ideas. I just want to hear peter cullens voice.

Before the match starts

But,,, I'M 1001% IN FAVOR OF UNIQUE VICTORY ANIMATIONS.

One for victory animations couod be houbd hitting the mag of his gun on his helmet (like vietnam soldiers did)
    Arcee putting her sniper on her shoulder and throwing a two-finger salute
    wr3pj7dmh7o2.jpg
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    wr3pj7dmh7o2.jpg

Yeah...
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    wr3pj7dmh7o2.jpg

Yeah...

Sexy...
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    JUST COPYING AND PASTING WHAT I HAD IN ANOTHER THREAD OF MINE LOL <3

Victory Animations (Autobots):

I also thought this area could use some change. I’m not keen on seeing the same recycled poses being used on multiple Transformers, especially when some of them do not correlate with their characterization. I will return with my thoughts on the Maximals, Decepticons, and Predacons later on.

Generations Optimus Prime:

Looks off heroically into the distance (camera has a low angle from the ground looking up at Optimus, giving off a form of dominance).

Generations Bumblebee:

Bumblebee bumps his fist to his chest (x2) then subsequently nodding his head once.

Generations Grimlock:

Grimlock transforms into Dino mode and breathes fire that channels skyward.

Generations Ratchet:

Ratchet spins his trusty wrench and then grips it tightly into a fist.

Generations Sideswipe:

Sideswipe brushes off his shoulders while beginning to walk (rather conceitedly) off-screen. The screen will cut off after 2-3 steps, so we don’t actually see him exit in full.

Generations Arcee:

Arcee confidently brings her left sword up onto her shoulder while having her right arm placed against her hip.

Generations Ultra Magnus:

Ultra Magnus places his Magnus Hammer on the ground (on the head) while gripping the top with his left hand and looking off into the distance.

Generations Mirage:

Mirage activates his cloak and disappears into thin air.

Optimus Prime (MV1):

Optimus activates his two Energon blades and assumes a battle pose.

Bumblebee (DOTM):
    Shadow boxes (jumps right to left, then brings in a right punch and a left uppercut). This is followed by Bumblebee twirling his head from left to right. This is very similar Bumblebee’s idle animation in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen The Game (PS3/Xbox 360/PC).

Ironhide (ROTF):

Ironhide rotates both his cannons synchronously (as seen in the first Transformers film upon meeting Sam Witwicky. "Feelin' lucky, punk?")

Drift (AOE):

Brings his sword up against his head, centered with his body.

Hot Rod (TLK):

Transforms into vehicle form and performs a burnout.

Victory Animations (Maximals/Predacons):
    Excludes Dinobot, as I have no problem with his animations

Optimus Primal:
    Maximizes into his beast form and beats his chest.

Rhinox:
    Rhinox has his arms spanned holding his Chainguns of Doom as the weapon’s rotors decrease in speed and stop altogether. Rhinox afterwards holsters the weapons (the magic “disappears behind the back” trick).

Cheetor:
    Cheetor goes from a neutral stance to an alert battle stance (claws face forward in defence).

Waspinator:
    Waspinator buzzes from right to left in his beast form preparing to brace for landing when he loses control and falls down flat on the ground. He transforms, sitting on grasping the backside of his head, recovering from his wounds. Poor Waspinator...
  • serdoodserdood Posts: 115
    30 minute AM timer.....
    A little bonus for perfect win.
  • SkullbladeSkullblade Posts: 21
    edited July 2018
    Wow, I did not expect to have this much of a response to my post, much less positive ones. I like a lot of these ideas, and this would help to give a perfectly fun yet slowly decaying game some personality. (By decaying, I mean that some of the game-modes are repetitive and one of the only reasons I still have hype for this game is the new character every month.)

For the victory animations, I STRONGLY disagree with any notions coming from twelve year olds living in their parent's basements trolling on forums that say that there should be a dab animation. That would kill the game in days upon updating.

I like what Bee said, except for the Arcee animation. It shouldn't be the sword. It should be the sniper rifle. Just would tie into the tier 3 special attack, as many use this as a finishing blow. And I agree with everything Gunz0 said in his first post. (This has just turned into commenting on comments)

I am working on a Microsoft Excel page with every character (major or possibly otherwise) in the G1/Generations, Bayformers, Beast Wars, (not Beast Machines, that was a travesty) Armada, Cybertron, and (Dare I even mention it) Energon continuities and their possible classes. For example, Slag/Slug from G1 would be a warrior because in the episode "War of the Dinobots," Megatron used Soundwave's data on the Dinobots and said, "Grimlock is arrogant, Slag is hostile, and Sludge stupid." And Sludge would be a Brawler because Brawlers value strength, and Sludge did say that, "Sludge always obey strongest leader. Always obey." So he obviously values strength even though a leader should be more than just muscle. Rattrap would be Demolitions because he always has those explosives in his arm storage things. But, the spreadsheet does need more work, but should I post it when it is finished?

Again, all feedback is greatly appreciated, and it is my sincerest hope that Kabam is reading these posts and taking them seriously. (Personal note, we at the Transformers Forged to Fight Fandom site need more editors and volunteers to help. It is currently a trainwreck that only three people are helping to correct. I might also feature this discussion in a YouTube video, which if that happens, I will link to that video.)

Thank you, everyone. Sorry for the large post, but I had a lot to cover.

• SkullbladeSkullblade Posts: 21
    I just thought of something. Soundwave only has Ravage and Laserbeak as his cassettes. Blaster only has Steeljaw and Rewind... I believe that Ramhorn, Eject, Rumble, and Frenzy should be added as part of the game.

For example, when either Blaster or Soundwave use a heavy attack, they randomly eject one of their cassettes, so you never get the same one all the time. As for the tier 3 specials, they should be re-animated to include all cassettes.