Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Dodging Hounds sp2 grenade

Seems to follow you wherever you go...if you sidestep you get hit, if you charge him you get hit, if you move BACK you get hit....wherever he tosses it, if you MOVE, it follows you.
Is this like a Halo sticky bomb?? CAN you dodge it?

Comments

• bummblezee3bummblezee3 Posts: 251
    uh no XD
    I am not sure did u try blocking?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

Lol, I tried doing that but I always mistime my sidestep and got blown up by his grenade, a detailed analysis like Dorky Dave’s “How to ____ like a ninja” would be better
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300

I guess this can be used against mixmaster too?
  • BlogZmogisBlogZmogis Posts: 43

I guess this can be used against mixmaster too?
    Yes
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157

Gosh I didn't think of that. *Sigh*
    Except blocking still gets you damage...and as for blocking that Mixmaster hit....might as well take the hit full force in Master. This was "how to dodge the attack", not "Block instead"
    DrShotgun wrote: »

Gosh I didn't think of that. *Sigh*
    Except blocking still gets you damage...and as for blocking that Mixmaster hit....might as well take the hit full force in Master. This was "how to dodge the attack", not "Block instead"

at least it doesn't do as much damage
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Same as hound,bludgeon, and prowl, mix’s sp2 can be evaded routinely through practise and good timing.

If you need the repetitive practise, find one in a low level story mission and let him lay waste to your best bot until he reaches sp2, and master the dodge. Repeat until you’ve got it nailed and won’t ever be a problem again.

Only ones giving me issues just now are blaster’s sp2 and kickbacks sp1. Shockwaves sp2 still catches me every now and then but for the most part it can be dodged.
  • CarverCarver Posts: 82
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Seems to follow you wherever you go...if you sidestep you get hit, if you charge him you get hit, if you move BACK you get hit....wherever he tosses it, if you MOVE, it follows you.
    Is this like a Halo sticky bomb?? CAN you dodge it?

Easy, i had this problem a while ago myself. Sidestep twice in the same direction and you’re gucci
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Same as hound,bludgeon, and prowl, mix’s sp2 can be evaded routinely through practise and good timing.

If you need the repetitive practise, find one in a low level story mission and let him lay waste to your best bot until he reaches sp2, and master the dodge. Repeat until you’ve got it nailed and won’t ever be a problem again.

Only ones giving me issues just now are blaster’s sp2 and kickbacks sp1. Shockwaves sp2 still catches me every now and then but for the most part it can be dodged.

Kickback's SP1 is a tricky one, if I manage to dodge the first part I end up getting kicked by the second part, I guess you have to have enough room to dodge back.

Blaster's isn't hard to avoid but you have to be able to move in time.

I guess the most troublesome for me right now are Kickback's SP1, Hound's 2 and Prowl's 2. With Prowl I can usually block the first part and dodge the second but haven't yet mastered dodging the whole thing. I think I've finally figured out the timing with Mix's 2.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Looks like with Hound you move just as the grenade is hitting the ground.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Kickback's SP1 is a tricky one, if I manage to dodge the first part I end up getting kicked by the second part, I guess you have to have enough room to dodge back.

Just time it well and backstep when his kick arrive at your face. Doesnt matter if there's any room behind you.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Blaster's isn't hard to avoid but you have to be able to move in time.

I guess the most troublesome for me right now are Kickback's SP1, Hound's 2 and Prowl's 2. With Prowl I can usually block the first part and dodge the second but haven't yet mastered dodging the whole thing. I think I've finally figured out the timing with Mix's 2.

Blaster usually just catches me off guard with it, anticipating it and getting it right is my problem there. Although personally I prefer to drag a fight out carefully and bait sp1’s mostly