Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Help with understanding bot playstyles

Chrome2279Chrome2279 Posts: 135
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Hey So this game is very balanced, I like all of the bo so this game is very balanced, I like all of the bots. But they are some that I just can’t get the hang of even though I have them. It seems like they require a different play style than most of the other bots that I’m accustomed to. Can you guys explain to me how to play with the following bots optimally? ( if you are one like me that is needing help with a play style feel free to add more robots to the thread )

Starscream
Ramjet
Jazz

Kickback (how do I trigger T-clog and when to use?)

Hot Rod (Is there a sequence that I need to think about when I am using my S1 and S2?)

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Starscream (preferably duped) deals with all kinds of buffs, so you need to be good at shooting, that is tricking enemy to take hits when their buffs are on. Not easy, though.
    Ramjet: explore his "heavy stun burning enemy" ability to keep enemy dizzy, but be careful, you shouldn't beat them all the way to sp3.
    Jazz: he has more choices, baiting special is just a plus-value. Don't rely on his sig, though.
    KB: T-clog is not a must if not against heavy-happy enemies (Demotron, Soundwave...) Fight as hard as you can because you will seldom face an sp3. Build to your 2.5 bars and land a sp2, then build another sp1 to convert to shock.
    Hot Rod I don't know. At lower sig, you can't have sp2 after sp2.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I don’t play all of these bots, but I think I can contribute a little.

Jazz- the way I play this guy is pretty simple. I fight like normal until my opponent gains a special, at this point I go from a standard MLLLM combo to a MLLLH. If you hit the heavy it confuses the opponent, making them more likely to use that special. At this point it’s best to back off and create space, then usually I’ll save up a special 2, which by this time the opponent usually has a special too. His sp2 is amazing like his heavy and will confuse the opponent, so if they have a special back off and create space again. I think his special 1 isn’t worth using at all, and his special 3 only helps for longer fights. I usually rinse and repeat the special 2 confuse.

Also I believe kickback triggers t-clog by using a heavy, and it only has a chance to trigger. you’ll want to get this confirmed though.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Starscream (preferably duped) deals with all kinds of buffs, so you need to be good at shooting, that is tricking enemy to take hits when their buffs are on. Not easy, though.
    Ramjet: explore his "heavy stun burning enemy" ability to keep enemy dizzy, but be careful, you shouldn't beat them all the way to sp3.
    Jazz: he has more choices, baiting special is just a plus-value. Don't rely on his sig, though.
    KB: T-clog is not a must if not against heavy-happy enemies (Demotron, Soundwave...) Fight as hard as you can because you will seldom face an sp3. Build to your 2.5 bars and land a sp2, then build another sp1 to convert to shock.
    Hot Rod I don't know. At lower sig, you can't have sp2 after sp2.

I find kickback great for just laying into them, as long as you have a power leak on them they have only a tiny window to launch sp3. 2 or more leaks and they’ll never get to do it.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Star Scream : Don't just rely on ranged.... Use melee if opponent is somewhat hard to hit... Two ranged sidestep ,dash back if needed, repeat... You can use his heavies ,,,resist to use sp3 unless your opponent is some buffs. Sp1 very reliable,, sp2 useful if you are going all melee,, otherwise armors are lunch for null ray.
    Ramjet : Use normal play style,, two ranged, dash combo heavy repeat....
    Jazz : If you're good with drift you know what to do!
    Kickback : Same as Ramjet.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    ....Jazz : If you're good with drift you know what to do!...

just focus on building up your hit count?

• Chrome2279Chrome2279 Posts: 135
    edited July 2018
    Thanks guys, this is very helpful. One bot I forgot to mention is Blaster. Every time I play him he feels a little week, I think it something I’m doing wrong. His damage output doesn’t seem that high to me so I’m not really sure if I’m playing him right.

Mixmaster Is another odd case, his S2 and S3 are great, But it seems like every other attack is so light. And I can’t ever get a concussion block to trigger when I want it to.
  • Chrome2279 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, this is very helpful. One bot I forgot to mention is Blaster. Every time I play him he feels a little week, I think it something I’m doing wrong. His damage output doesn’t seem that high to me so I’m not really sure if I’m playing him right.

Mixmaster Is another odd case, his S2 and S3 are great, But it seems like every other attack is so light. And I can’t ever get a concussion block to trigger when I want it to.

Blaster is a ranged-damage buildup type of bot, so his early fighting is meh. Because of his amp charge ability, he relies on stacking power/charges by spamming specials. I prefer S1 since it has a chance to power gain and gives more amps than s2. His heavies are also great to throw in every once in a while to refresh that shock. Once you reach 5+ amp charges the sp2 and sp3 become more valuable with their debuff chances (i think there's power lock, power drain, attack reduction, and stun chances)

Mixmaster just...sucks? His ranged attack acid proc (25% chance lol) is your best bet to getting anything relevant off before Sp3, at least until the crit buffs start to stack (at which point you're probably at sp3, so let em have it). To use his sig, my best bet has always been a 5 hit combo, block, repeat. The AI will often try to immediately counter attack after a 5 hit combo.
  • Chrome2279Chrome2279 Posts: 135
    What about Tantrum?
    edited August 2018
    Voltron wrote: »
    ....Jazz : If you're good with drift you know what to do!...

just focus on building up your hit count?
    @Voltron
    Yeah, just don't rely heavy attacks and confuse.... His sp2 wrecks the havoc on CRIT Hits And Confuse Inflicted is enough drop their power by baiting their special attacks still you can you keep doing combos ended with heavy attacks to keep their sp3 locked.
    And Avoid getting hit,,, in case of special attacks, avoiding first hit of special attack is main task, then evade provided helps a lot in bit hard specials to dodge like Mix Mine, Hound granade(while against the wall).
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Chrome2279 wrote: »
    What about Tantrum?

Charge, 3 hits then heavy, repeat. If your heavy misses, hold block to go unstoppable and then dash in and out as many times as you can to build charges and repeat.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    DaveJL wrote: »
    What about Tantrum?

Charge, 3 hits then heavy, repeat. If your heavy misses, hold block to go unstoppable and then dash in and out as many times as you can to build charges and repeat.

That's why Tantrum is more suitable for a one round fight. He's devastating if going nuke. But all that Unstoppable is so inviting to take damage in exchange of attack buffs.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    What about Tantrum?

That's why Tantrum is more suitable for a one round fight. He's devastating if going nuke. But all that Unstoppable is so inviting to take damage in exchange of attack buffs.

He gains considerable armour in exchange for dashing in. I've found he takes far less damage than you'd expect
    What about Tantrum?

+25% armour on dash - if you dash in and get stuck eating a combo it's bad, but at worst with unstoppable active you're only going to take 1 hit ot 2 ranged shots.
    What about Tantrum?

+25% armour on dash - if you dash in and get stuck eating a combo it's bad, but at worst with unstoppable active you're only going to take 1 hit ot 2 ranged shots.

Anyone forgot arcee... CRIT rate increase and CRIT hits have natural 20% Armor Penetration.
    What about Tantrum?

Anyone forgot arcee... CRIT rate increase and CRIT hits have natural 20% Armor Penetration.

Big whoop, Tantrum if he's unstoppable will absolutely destroy Arcee and if you proc Frenzy then she can't bleed him on the headshots. Arcee's HP will melt and the fight will be done vs 1 potential crit hit. It's a worthwhile trade.