Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Tantrum Heavy

So far in playing with Tantrum I have not found his heavy canceling any ranged or enemy heavy. I’m perfectly fine with the range like Soundwave, but his will cancel a ranged heavy or a single ranged attack. I’m not finding this with Tantrum and I’m being interrupted by a single ranged attack. I’m guessing it’s a classified as a short but ranged physical heavy.

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I think it's somehow classed as a melee heavy that does ranged energy damage - I'm going to suggest it's like Hounds final light attack or Galvatrons final combo ender.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I think it's somehow classed as a melee heavy that does ranged energy damage - I'm going to suggest it's like Hounds final light attack or Galvatrons final combo ender.

Hound last light attack is grenade explosions and Galavatrons particle cannon charge,,, so it's is virtually not wrong to call them ranged... Tantrums heavy attack is clearly energy, clearly ranged, clearly lightning....
    They should allow it to cancel ranged attack,, and it will not benefit from melee buff.
    Or make it a real melee attack, making him vulnerable to ranged attacks and allow it to benefit from melee buffs
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    DaveJL wrote: »

Hmm so it probably is designed as a melee heavy with energy damage so that it can't be boosted by his melee buff, just stun. It's misleading since there has been no other melee heavy that's not a crash type. It would be a lot more effective if it was short ranged like SW. Being able to cancel some enemy attacks would help without making it OP.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Yeah... His attack is the exact opposite of Primal.

Primal is ranged attack dealing melee physical damage on contact

Tantrum is a melee attack dealing ranged energy damage on contact.

The interaction on tantrum heavy is undesirable in almost every situation, unlike Primal where there are some distinct benefits in niche battles.