Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

iOS vs Android graphics

Why are the graphics on iOS SO much better than on Android? My phone is comparable with the iPhone of the same level, yet it looks like an almost totally different game. Mt gf started playing not long ago (and I couldn't be more proud) and her game looks amazing, even shows battle damage.
Whyyyyy?

Comments

• I suppose they have to let something about iPhones be actually good (or better) compared to Android devices.
    But in all seriousness, I've heard that it's something to do with the Metal Chipset inside of IOS devices (which Android doesn't have) that makes it look that good. But even then, Android has stuff that equals and can even be more powerful than the Metal Chipset, guess it just all comes down to what the developers want.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    It's crazy because the environment acts different, the colors are different, I'd never seen battle damage before except Barricades broken windows, and that's only from time to time.
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    The downside to the better graphics is the memory leak grows with each battle. After 45 minutes the games starts developing severe lagging issues and the battery overheats like crazy. Going to low power mode helps, but it’s not an ideal solution.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Why are the graphics on iOS SO much better than on Android? My phone is comparable with the iPhone of the same level, yet it looks like an almost totally different game. Mt gf started playing not long ago (and I couldn't be more proud) and her game looks amazing, even shows battle damage.
    Whyyyyy?

Battle damage shown, or no lag/FCs/Overheating in 2 months of play?
    I'm using the weirdest phone for this.
    The MT6737 Motorola Moto C Plus
    It hasn't let me down ONCE
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Whyyyyy?

Battle damage shown, or no lag/FCs/Overheating in 2 months of play?
    I'm using the weirdest phone for this.
    The MT6737 Motorola Moto C Plus
    It hasn't let me down ONCE

I'm using a MotoZ2 force and it runsike butter but it's not iPhone graphics. I'd like to see a screenshot of a bottle on yours to see if it's iPhone quality. My old LGV20 was laggy and overheated alot but this one is flawless...just graphics are different from iPhone.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited August 2018
    I play on both types - my android phone shows bot battle damages.. what it doesn't have compared to an Iphone is the little extra details like firework sparks when a bot gets hit and there's no kicking debris in the battle grounds. Similar to the sparks, the smoking from a battle damage is probably less severe on an Android. Overall Iphone graphics and motion are a bit "smoother".

To me, it's not major difference to where I'll say Android graphics are bad AND I'll give that up in a heartbeat for no lag/crashes or overheating with the Iphone. The graphic improvement is not worth the costs of sacrificing game play.