Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How many bots is too many?

Chrome2279Chrome2279 Posts: 135
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
I’ve been wondering if I should forge my bots or not. I have 112 bots in total. Is that too many?

Should I focus on forging my 1-2 star bots and only keeping 3-5 star bots? What’s the benefit of doing that? And not doing that?

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2018
    There's no all-purpose answer to that question but you have to learn about it according to your need. I'm throwing in some factors for you to consider:
    * One 4500 bot is better than five 900 bots when it comes to hard content. That's why forging may help upon hitting the wall
    * 1&2 stars don't help much when forging
    * 3 stars may be of help in arena and forge fodder
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Having all the 4* now seems pointless. Seems I'm going to dup the monthly 4* without relying on chips from 4* dups, and I really only use them in arenas...and only for 6 days a month because I don't need that many rounds all the other arenas. But I still can't bring myself to forge a bunch of them away...yet...
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited August 2018
    I max then forge all 1, 2, and 3 star bots as I can. 1s into 2s into 3s. When 3 stars are max (not 1s and 2s), and I mean max level, sig and forge, then I forge them into 4s.

That alone will temper the speed of forging.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    it entirely depends on how you want to play the game. I think there are 3 phases of progress that I can see

1) Roster building to be able to complete the story and spotlight missions. This is the fastest way to accumulate resources necessary to expand and rank up your roster.

2) Additions of arenas. You can hit the milestones and get decent rank rewards to add to your resources if you want. This needs a big or powerful roster unless you spend a lot of time grinding. You shouldn't have needed to have forged yet. The main arenas that will help are the bot arenas, gold bounty, t3c, t3b and t2a arena - you will probably be playing an AM level where adding these arenas will give you enough resources to really ramp up the upgrading of your bots.

3) Full spotlight completion, Map 3 higher level AM and end game content like ROK and ROTK. This is going to require some max rank max level max forge bots and you've probably already organised your spotlight, AM and raid teams for synergy and have them at a level you want. Arena wont help much now, except for arena crystals for energon, energon milestones and bot chips. The only real worthy arenas are crystal bounty, gold bounty (maybe) and t3c arena (maybe) as AM will be giving you good rewards to keep progressing. Really anyone at this stage is looking to be able to max forge any new bots that are good and work towards taking up any 5* bots they get. At this point, you really only need maybe 15 4* bots - 3 for AM, 3 for raids and enough for a good variation for spotlight lanes and enough for your base (if your base bothers you). At this point, EVERYTHING else is forge fodder, unless you enjoy arena. I can 1-2% the bot arenas by doing 10 arena matches, so I don't need a big roster and I know others in the aame postion.

In my opinion, they are the three phases of progression, so forging should really start to happen towards the end of phase 2, en masse, and do little bits before that just to ensure progression and to offload max sig bots or recycle any bots you aren't using. Bots are resources, if you aren't using them in the game modes then you need to be converting them in to something you can use, like Ore or crystal shards. The only argument for not forging and keeping a dormant roster is for dupes for the featured bot chips if you are a hoarder or a crystal popping spender.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Forge all 2* and 3* ,keep 3* without spend anything in the unless you want FORGE xp, keeping 3* roaster will increase chance for them to be duped, duping gives some additional ore support and higher value of Shards while forging . Maintain four star roaster for variations in Spotlight lane.
  • Small note about forging. Keep your 2* and 3* and hammer the sig arena, pull mountains of bots at a time so you’ve got a healthy supply to use your sigs on. Gives good score for item use and gives more forge xp/crystals from forging.

And moving up is important, as mentioned 1 strong bot is much more useful than 5 equivalent strength bots. I jumped from a massive high sig 3* roster into the 4* game quite quickly doing this, hence allowing me to hammer the harder content as well. A good 4* roster will clear good arena scores no problem
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I like being the collector of 4*s but I have my select few I concentrate on and pool all my resources into just them until they're maxed. I get all the boots I can in case some out of this world synergy comes around with a new bot
  • Chrome2279Chrome2279 Posts: 135
    edited August 2018
    So with 112 bots ...

* = 5
    ** = 32
    *** = 44 (couple that are maxed out)
    **** = 29 (2 maxed out)
    ***** = 2

You guys are suggesting that I forge the one and two stars?

Are there any other benefits to having the * and ** stars?
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Forge them.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited August 2018
    Chrome2279 wrote: »
    So with 112 bots ...

* = 5
    ** = 32
    *** = 44 (couple that are maxed out)
    **** = 29 (2 maxed out)
    ***** = 2

You guys are suggesting that I forge the one and two stars?

Are there any other benefits to having the * and ** stars?

I am keeping my 1* because I can't access them anymore and forging them into a 4* is almost useless. 2* can be useful for acquiring bot chips through dupes. Otherwise you might as well forge away, the 2* are easily replaced and their signatures can easily be upgraded because they are so easy to dupe. The higher the signature, the more 3* shards and the more forge xp.
  • C0M1C5C0M1C5 Posts: 42
    For forging, I play a bit different to the previous comments.
    I play with a focus on Sharkicons and 4* bots (5* bots are not a concern, yet).

For 1*s, I max them and forge them into the 2* sharks of the same class.

For 2*s, I max them and try to get their signature to at least 70 (Sharks I tend to Max sig), forge them into the 3* sharks of the same class.

For 3*, I max them and try to get their signature to at least 70 (Sharks I tend to Max sig), forge them into the 4* bots (that I use) of the same class. So I tend to have maxed bots below sig 70 for areanas.

My aim is to maximise the benefit of the 4* shark crystals and shark crystals in general from forging sharks.
    I have yet to open any of my 4* shark (am waiting for when they release the 5* sharks ;) )

3* bots and below are forge fodder for me.

ah3cabpdb65m.png
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    C0M1C5 wrote: »
    For forging, I play a bit different to the previous comments.
    I play with a focus on Sharkicons and 4* bots (5* bots are not a concern, yet).

For 1*s, I max them and forge them into the 2* sharks of the same class.

For 2*s, I max them and try to get their signature to at least 70 (Sharks I tend to Max sig), forge them into the 3* sharks of the same class.

For 3*, I max them and try to get their signature to at least 70 (Sharks I tend to Max sig), forge them into the 4* bots (that I use) of the same class. So I tend to have maxed bots below sig 70 for areanas.

My aim is to maximise the benefit of the 4* shark crystals and shark crystals in general from forging sharks.
    I have yet to open any of my 4* shark (am waiting for when they release the 5* sharks ;) )

3* bots and below are forge fodder for me.

ah3cabpdb65m.png

I think using Sharks is a separate strategy really, but you've definitely got a good idea there. I know another player who does something similar.
  • serdoodserdood Posts: 115
    This is a good thread but can we fix the subject line?
  • Chrome2279Chrome2279 Posts: 135
    serdood wrote: »
    This is a good thread but can we fix the subject line?

Yeah it should say “bots” not boys... darn auto correct