Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Poor Hound...

Everybody bashes hound for being trash. Kabam nerfs wheeljack but doesn't pass hound a buff, give him something to be improved with, he is the worst bot in the game at the moment. What kind of buffs should hound get to at least make a minor comeback?
mtzxux8gxcrk.gif

Comments

• Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Stay blessed when he's not added to the 5* pool.
  • Options
    ArabicaArabica Posts: 24
    I have a 4* 5r 0d 100f hound……
  • Options
    DaveJL wrote: »
    He's the worst bot in the game if you don't know how to use him

but so is any

I agree. Although he’ll never be the best bot in current state (still think he needs a little buff somewhere) he’s far from the worst in the hands of a knowledgeable player
  • Options

but so is any

Agreed. He was definitely a viable option in the old map 3 though, could at least get through the burn and bleed lanes. He isn't awful just a niche bot, but a buff couldn't hurt.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

but so is any

I agree. Although he’ll never be the best bot in current state (still think he needs a little buff somewhere) he’s far from the worst in the hands of a knowledgeable player

Definitely not the best and definitely needs a tweak, but can he be useful in certain situations? Of course.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105

but so is any

So who's the worst? (yeah here comes the hijack of a post)
  • Options
    Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    edited August 2018

but so is any

Entirely situation dependant. Mods and opponent need to be taken into account, and player skill itself plays a massive factor in how effective a bot will be as far as I’m concerned.

All things considered, tact bee gets my vote as the worst. There is literally no task I would use him for that another tact couldn’t do better. Decent synergies depending on your team, but that’s about it.

Edit
    I’m not just saying tact bee because he’s the only non 4*, I’ve ran through every 3* at a reasonably high sig and my opinion stays the same. Tact bee being released as a 4* wouldn’t change that.
  • Options
    SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Definitely he makes me happy while messing with cheetor, his CRIT Debuff just silents Windblade.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Double his burn damage, crit resistance and burn debuffs should last longer to benefit his crits, remove that armor buff if necessary
  • Options
    edited August 2018

but so is any

I would say the least useful would be a tie between Sideswipe and Waspinator - but I like them both.

Everything changes when you add synergy and situations, though.
  • Options
    In any situation its totally tact bee.
  • Options
    Well, usefulness of depends on Usability of bot, to most people..
    Like, I consider Drift as Best bot because he is lethal in almost most of non brawler fights. But Hound has limited usability like only against Cheetor, Windblade and non-melee evade scouts and Ranged Evade MODs.
    And Sideswipe is just like that, he's "good" for every situation, but like Manthro say, problem is There is not a situation where we can say He is the Best for the Job.
    For Me, Arcee and Drift tie for best warriors. Hound is the third choice over bludgeon as fourth. Hot Rod is good but I got him late, so he's rank 2.Same for BC.
    And Dinobot and Magnus do all the job, I really don't any other tact, Prowl Bee Cheetor are best, still waiting for a WindBlade. Primal, Prime best brawlers. Tantrum, also deals heck of a damage, once he landed 11k CRIT on sword hit of SP2. Wasp and Megs are demos fit for every situation. Techs are little confusion, just exclude SoundWave cause he need real high sign level to be useful.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Well, usefulness of depends on Usability of bot, to most people..
    Like, I consider Drift as Best bot because he is lethal in almost most of non brawler fights. But Hound has limited usability like only against Cheetor, Windblade and non-melee evade scouts and Ranged Evade MODs.
    And Sideswipe is just like that, he's "good" for every situation, but like Manthro say, problem is There is not a situation where we can say He is the Best for the Job.
    For Me, Arcee and Drift tie for best warriors. Hound is the third choice over bludgeon as fourth. Hot Rod is good but I got him late, so he's rank 2.Same for BC.
    And Dinobot and Magnus do all the job, I really don't any other tact, Prowl Bee Cheetor are best, still waiting for a WindBlade. Primal, Prime best brawlers. Tantrum, also deals heck of a damage, once he landed 11k CRIT on sword hit of SP2. Wasp and Megs are demos fit for every situation. Techs are little confusion, just exclude SoundWave cause he need real high sign level to be useful.

If you place Hound ahead of Bludgeon you obviously have little experience with Bludgeon. Bludgeon has the potential for sick damage with his crits and bleeds. His bleeds are so strong that numerous times I have had an opponent stunningly drop for a KO while I thought there was plenty of fight left. In AM at times I can wreck bots, especially Scouts, with just a few basic melee and a couple of heavies. I'm talking like 10k damage off of a heavy.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »
    I think the following change to Hound is the only thing I can suggest:

1c1agfz6dw08.jpg

this is the best buff Kabam can give him
  • Options
    Still a better bot than Hot Rod. IMO
  • Options

what's bad about Hot Rod? He is the single best bot for shutting down evades and he can do some crazy crit damage. If he is duped - he gets some amazing power gain. You've clearly never hit a 5 hit combo and an sp2 whilst they are decelrated! Insane damage!
  • Options

what's bad about Hot Rod? He is the single best bot for shutting down evades and he can do some crazy crit damage. If he is duped - he gets some amazing power gain. You've clearly never hit a 5 hit combo and an sp2 whilst they are decelrated! Insane damage!

And he is also the direct counter to the evade path. Shuts them down completely
  • Options
    DonApisDonApis Posts: 544

Hot rod is way better than Hound.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157

Dude...DUDE...NO lol...Hot Rod is an absolute God send when it comes to those slippery evaders. First red t3 I pulled went to Hot rod and my AM depends alot on him for Cheetor.

As for Hound...I've tinkered with him alot because I find range based bots like him and Arcee fun to play. Mirage could almost fall into that category depending on how you use that power burn.
    If I were to suggest one single buff for Hound it would be damage output. He's a Gunner. Guns hurt. His guns however, don't hurt. He's quick and agile and has good synergies with MV1. His crit ammo is good for evaders, you just have to use too much of it.
  • Options
    The_53rdThe_53rd Posts: 49
    Hound sucks. Sorry but it’s true. He has very very few uses, his burns don’t proc enough and don’t do enough damage, his precision ranged is useful maybe, but hot rod does anti evade better anyway. Fair enough in a knowledgable players hands he’s not totally worthless, but he’s still bottom of the pile.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Interestingly, I can hit the AI with burn more often with Hound than I can with Tantrum’s S1 even though it’s two big flame throwers.
  • Options
    The_53rd wrote: »
    Hound sucks. Sorry but it’s true. He has very very few uses, his burns don’t proc enough and don’t do enough damage, his precision ranged is useful maybe, but hot rod does anti evade better anyway. Fair enough in a knowledgable players hands he’s not totally worthless, but he’s still bottom of the pile.

Nope, wrong
  • Options
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »
    I think the following change to Hound is the only thing I can suggest:

1c1agfz6dw08.jpg

Upvote
  • Options
    Being a bad bot doesn't mean not useful "in the right hands" or "the right situations." These terms can apply to just about anything and many don't elaborate on them. Hound's max damage output is just such a...process. There's (optional: Heavy for the crit resist debuff)(If duped, dodging a ranged attack first, preferably, and then) 1. landing a ranged crit in burn mode 2. For max damage, switching to precision ammo for more crits, which takes time away from utilizing the burn duration and gives opponent time to reset or go in on you and 3. landing more ranged attacks (and cursing the common stalemate of matching ranged>ranged>sidestep at least 3 times with the enemy at higher levels)
    Of course, his crit resist debuff from special 3 and increased burn duration from using an inferno special 1 are helpful in this regard, but the general reliance on comboing specific types of ranged attacks in a game where the enemy isn't going to sit still, and generally favors melee attacks or blocking at range, makes it hard to make him viable in terms of damage output.

In terms of utility:
    -His permanent anti-evade, if you so choose to do so, is nice, but Hot Rod does that job better with his deceleration that can apply pretty often anyway, and isn't limited to ranged attacks (and the shot can apply the debuff through a block). His power flow is a great asset on top of that. Because of the "ammo switch being necessary for a greater output" problem, keeping up an anti-evade with Hound reduces your max output by doing so, since you'd neglect his burn mode, or spend the time to switch to burns for the one shot before spending more time switching back.
    -His on demand armor buff is useful, and what sort of makes him comparable to bludeon. But meh.
    -The crit resist reduction debuff is an odd way of basically saying "you will crit more," and may be in part to increase game visibility since precision ammo uses the same icon. This thing is actually pretty good and suits his kit, as well as being a good potential opener for the combo above.
    -His synergies make him super useful and what boost his viability on a team, but these are factors I'm not considering for talking specifically about Hound vs "ideal teams" or something.

-Basically it's similar to the Jazz problem of "the right tools but something's a bit off" (Jazz's confusion ability for the special baiting conflicts with the sig power drain...thing and the super conditional stun. The confusion's base utility is just so good that Jazz is okay regardless). Hound's max output would come from chaining these different things together but they end up interacting weirdly or just being less effective than desired compared to other bots. The switching mechanic and how it interacts with his damage is probably the most limiting factor, as the idea of having a warrior with a ranged focus is a nice change of pace otherwise.

TLDR: Utility is decent, but the jack of all trades and the specific ways people seem to tell you to play Hound to be playing him "right" and "not bad" are super limiting or clunky and leave him as doing more total things than other bots do, but worse than them.
  • Options
    Advantage of Hound over Hotrod is "miss all ranged attack" part of abilities, as Hot Rod can't prevent misses. But hound can. His CRIT debuff way too useful against Death Crit Bots.