Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Suggestion: Gold in the raid store

0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
I'm always strapped for gold, and while I'm sure there will be plenty of comments about the many ways to earn gold, I think it would be useful and helpful to have gold available in the Raid store to be purchased with raid chips. I know gold crystals come up once in a while, but how about making them a permanent resident in the raid store?

There isn't much interest in the items in the raid store outside of the daily rotational items, and I often find myself sitting on raid chips waiting for something good to come up. So why not give us something that is ALWAYS in demand to spend those chips on?

I know you can just buy ore and then sell it, but that really seems like taking the long route to an alternate destination, and the payout is totally not worth it. Either specific amounts of gold or just gold crystals would seem like an easy and logical addition.

Thanks!

Comments

• ^ could not agree more. Good post, thank you @OVERKILL
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Yes super support gold crystals to be permanently in raid store. Heck, raise the price of gold crystals like 10,000 raid chips per crystals and increase how much gold they drop.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2018
    Simple 2k gold per 1 K chips, Max limit : 10
    Permanent addition. I never trust gold crystals.
  • They could add arena crystals to the raid store as an alternative to just gold crystals, better gold payout from them and the occasional energon bonus would never go amiss. As they are, I wouldn’t fork out for gold crystals as the payout is just too low for the effort it would take to amass a decent amount. Can’t remember the last time I seen anything different than 2.4k gold so if they ever add them to raid store they’ll need to beef up the payouts to make it actually worth it
  • 0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    They could add arena crystals to the raid store as an alternative to just gold crystals, better gold payout from them and the occasional energon bonus would never go amiss. As they are, I wouldn’t fork out for gold crystals as the payout is just too low for the effort it would take to amass a decent amount. Can’t remember the last time I seen anything different than 2.4k gold so if they ever add them to raid store they’ll need to beef up the payouts to make it actually worth it

I dunno if there are actual drop specs out there anywhere on the gold per crystal, but I believe the gold crystals have a FAR better payout than arena crystals.

Gold crystals have a MINIMUM 2200 payout, with chances at 10k and 50k (which I've gotten a decent amount of times), whereas the arena crystals according to my math have averaged about 1750 per crystal, and are capped at about 3500 (and VERY rarely come near that number) from what I've seen. And the energon bonus comes around at about 1 energon per 2000 gold at best, so the addition of energon still doesn't make the arena crystals' payout better than gold crystals.

If anyone has actual specs on the arena crystals I'd love to see them.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited August 2018
    Did I once see a minimum of 1100 gold with Arena Crystals or did I imagine it? Anyways, I opened 120 Arena Crystals recently and got 214,006 gold (1783 per crystal average) so that's pretty much right in line with your number 0VERKILL.
  • Lowest gold you get is 1,000. I haven't got that low, but I've pulled several about 1,010 or 1,013 off Arena crystals. Earlier today, I had 33 of them and got 28 energon and 52k gold and the last three crystals were about 7,000 gold each. 30 arena got me 28 energon and 28k gold, the last three brought the gold total to 52k.

I've had gold crystals, maybe 5 at a time before ALL have results of 2,201, 2,204, etc., so I'm not crazy about the arena crystals, but I seem to get A LOT of energon from them and that makes up for the crappy results that just gold gets me. Gold rarely gets me more than 5k per crystal, so I'd be perfectly happy with arena crystals instead of gold.
    @0VERKILL , that's you're comparing 1 gold crystal vs 1 arena.
    But if you may notice, you get about 7-10 OR more arena crystal for each each gold crystal.
    And there's been not single gold crystals which gave more than 7k in 1.5 years of playing this game.
    90% crystals give minimum amount only.
    d293vk8erzoe.png
    Didn't expected this from Elite 4-hour
    edited August 2018
    @0VERKILL , that's you're comparing 1 gold crystal vs 1 arena.
    But if you may notice, you get about 7-10 OR more arena crystal for each each gold crystal.
    And there's been not single gold crystals which gave more than 7k in 1.5 years of playing this game.
    90% crystals give minimum amount only.

Well, when doing comparisons you ultimately do compare them one 1 to 1 because unless there is a cumulative bonus (which there isn't in either case) that's your factual outcome. And in the case of the idea of having gold available in the store, if it was going to be in the form of crystals, the amount of crystals you get would be irrelevant as the only thing that matters is the gold gained per crystal. Whether or not you tend to get more arena crystals than gold crystals in general from the game is also irrelevant to this discussion, as we are (supposedly) talking about adding gold to the store, NOT which crystal you get more of in general.

As for your statememt about gold crystals:

"And there's been not single gold crystals which gave more than 7k in 1.5 years of playing this game. 90% crystals give minimum amount only."

Unless you're talking about your own apparently unfortunate experience, I couldn't disagree more. I pulled 10k from a gold crystal yesterday, and have pulled 50k on several occasions, and I've only been playing about 1.5 years.

Additionally, anytime you compare one item that has a minimum gain that is HIGHER than the minimum of another item, not to mention a maximum that is exponentially larger than the max on the other, unless there is an artificial enhancement to the average of the later (which I don't believe there is), then the former will ALWAYS be superior. I wouldn't doubt that is the reason they SELL gold crystals and give away arena crystals.

Anyway, lets not rehash the old "gold crystal vs arena crystal" debate in here, as the focus of this discussion is to get gold in ANY form into the raid store. Am I right? :wink:
    @SparkShredder btw, congrats on the nice gold reward from that 4-hour, very sexy! :smiley:
  • The raid store could maybe to with a revamp in general, and gold available would be a good start. 3* sigs could be removed from daily items and made tailored to the class of the day, clearing space for 4* sig programs (more expensive obviously) to be added to the rotation. Among other things that need updated
    @0VERKILL ,,wow, that's was literally a debate! :smiley:
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Especially with update 7.0 coming, hopefully we can see:

- Arena or gold crystals (better yet, both!) as permanent fixtures in raid store
    - Remove cap of 3500 gold for help daily; seriously i will push my alliance mates to do arena if it can help me get gold :#
    - More gold for items sold
    - More gold for re-running story missions
    - More gold for alliance missions rewards

Even with the recent gold deal, it really doesn’t take much to finish using it up. Just leveling up a bot will deplete a good part of it... and it doesn’t even include forging yet.
  • Drop your Hound relics and b4 opening any arena or gold crystal. Just saying.
    @0VERKILL ,,wow, that's was literally a debate! :smiley:

ya, I do enjoys me a good debate. :smiley:

And just to sneak in one final example...

Gold crystals:
    sprq02zjjfbk.jpg

Arena Crystals:
    qxldytmvr3r4.jpg

:wink:
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Completely agree.
  • The raid store could maybe to with a revamp in general, and gold available would be a good start. 3* sigs could be removed from daily items and made tailored to the class of the day, clearing space for 4* sig programs (more expensive obviously) to be added to the rotation. Among other things that need updated

I have tot of bringing this up, ie merging 3* sigs to daily alliance event rewards and removing them from raid store rotation or having them pop up in the store during their class days while 2* sigs are put in daily event rewards with Sundays giving generic 2&3* sigs