Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Devs: Why don’t Mods have class icon?

VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Devs,

Why don’t Mods have Offense, Defense, and Utility icons?

Bots do:
5uvtb768zqwv.jpeg

How hard would it be to do the same for Mods?
93dzblwsn264.jpeg
p2lytuxe6lbl.jpeg

Half the time, when Mod Spark offers appear, I have no idea what T2 Mod Spark I need.

Frankly, it’s kinda wierd and inconsistent that they don’t have an icon.

Lastly, when this happens (and it should) please let us sort them by class.
k342wy7t63es.jpeg

Comments

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    regarding the icons/class for mods...do that even matter? are there such a thing as class advantage with mods?
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited August 2018
    For resource allocation or even assessing which Mods for which bots. New players may know that they want offense on a bot, and therefore may need to weed out the non-offensive Mods when deciding which to pick. Also when forging!
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited August 2018
    Well I'm fairly new, been playing since a little more than a 3 months and it's easy to distinguish the mods just by their look. Hadn't had problems even in the beginning.

Attack mods are red/brown in color
    Defense mods have green all around/in them
    Utility mods have blueish glow.

Even if addition to an icon will be appreciated, it's not very hard to just tap on the module and you'll see what class it is.
    Robot Resourse as Offense and Prime Module as Utility is not obvious to me.
    5oxebtqqn7mh.png

I’m surprised by the responses, I thought this was an easy win.
    Again, I don’t see this as obvious. Also, can’t imagine an argument against it beside “I found a way to tell the difference, despite any notation to indicate as much”

ks07l4zhpnk5.png
    5et3j3odi0br.png
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited August 2018
    Vavatron wrote: »
    For resource allocation or even assessing which Mods for which bots. New players may know that they want offense on a bot, and therefore may need to weed out the non-offensive Mods when deciding which to pick. Also when forging!

just to clarify - I'm not against the suggestion. if it'll help others, sure why not. it was a tangent question on what is the purpose of having mod classes other than to organize/group the mods. when you forge your bots, you get class advantage. is there such a thing with mods?
  • Oh OP welcome to the kabam forum were no matter what you post someone will go against it. Yes class matters for mods and yes you provided a common sense solution, but no there are no easy wins
  • @Vavatron that is an awesome idea!!
    And it would make sorting mods so much easier!!
    Hopefully Kabam can make it happen!!! :)
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2018
    First of All, who cares about class of MODs unless for rank up purpose,,, MODs class do nothing, only their abilities MaTter
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    @Vavatron that is an awesome idea!!

Yeah, especially when I'm sandbagging in the Mod Arena, it's time consuming to choose two strong and a weak mods.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    @Vavatron that is an awesome idea!!

Yeah, especially when I'm sandbagging in the Mod Arena, it's time consuming to choose two strong and a weak mods.

:D:D Yeah, wish they could add feature like this MOD as MOD :p;)
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2018
    Vavatron wrote: »
    Robot Resourse as Offense and Prime Module as Utility is not obvious to me.
    5oxebtqqn7mh.png

I’m surprised by the responses, I thought this was an easy win.

While icons would be nice, in the meantime...

When you see t2 mod spark offers appear, click one of your mods, go to the upgrade screen then flip to the rank up tab.

You'll see what type of mod spark you need in there.

It's not ideal, but you can get the information you need this way.
  • 0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    Why I am getting the feel that, You are just showing off your,,, Maxed Prime,,, and those high ranked MODs. And icons are really not the issue to you. :pB)

LOL, agreed!