Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The t3 tech decision

So I've recently FINALLY landed my t3 tech soark I've so desperately needed forEVAH and now for the quandry....who to rank.
I've seen some good jacked Wheeljacks, but also among the contestants is Shockwave and Soundwave...
So let's see em....some good jacked up roided out r5/50 techs.
Who's got the baddest dude?
Mirage is also on the table but he's not quite as cool I feel....damn good bot though, don't get me wrong.

Comments

• Not that I have a r5 tech yet, but my vote would go to shockwave. When I get that t3 tech spark he’s first in line from a choice of all the techs, but suppose it depends on your team. None of them are a bad choice really
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Shockwave is definitely my favorite because we'll just awesome, bit unless I choose G man as my demo, he has zero synergies with my team.
    I'm personally best with Soundwaves play style and he has a match worth Kickback if I run him as my scout instead of Prowl...but who'd do that?
    Wheeljacks force shield is SUCH a useful tool, especially I've recently found if he has a heal buff going on he keeps hitting the force shield at a certain percentage and gets stuck in a force shield loop and takes no damage for a very long time.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    There are no truly bad techs, though I wouldn't rank Soundwave at this stage of the meta... He hasn't aged well, imo.

You can't go wrong with any of them, really.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    edited August 2018
    wwtcko83gctg.png
    Here’s mine, completely destroys everything in his path and helped me complete a lot of hard content. Only downside is that he doesn’t have good synergies unless you have a full tech team.
    edited August 2018
    Jesus the health on that dude is insane. Mine is sig 27 or so...so he may be a definite after seeing that.
    I think he'd be a good way to include Galvatron into my team because that's a good punch
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Manthro wrote: »
    There are no truly bad techs, though I wouldn't rank Soundwave at this stage of the meta... He hasn't aged well, imo.

You can't go wrong with any of them, really.

Manthro beat me to it. They're probably my favorite class because of the deeper game play they tend to have. It all depends on who you like to run and if your playstyle is more aggressive and ninja-like or more defensive and cautious, but I feel like the tech class has something to offer for everyone.

I do agree about Soundwave getting a little long in the tooth too. And Blaster still needs some sig tweaks to even make my list, which is too bad because I really think he looks and plays great.
  • Shockwave is one of those few bots that transcends class advantage/disadvantage for me, using him alongside galvatron and g1 megs. I took him up against master barricade and came dangerously close to beating him with just shockwave. Only got beat because I got hit by sp2 followed immediately by sp1, caught me off guard and against the wall.

He’s more than worth r5 even without galvatron synergy or any brain gain, he’s so good. If your running g1 cons he’s easily above soundwave
  • mzpdc7cl0ha7.jpg

I like my Soundwave, still a few forge levels to do, but he works well with the rest of my squad. I know Shockwave and Wheeljack probably are the more popular ones right now, but really its all about personal preference. Techs are all good.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    If you take up Wheeljack now, you get back some essence from the objectives.

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with Soundwave. If there is any tech bot with a limited arsenal for me that would be Blaster. If you are good enough at dodging, his interference serves no purpose. He has zero power control abilities and very limited/unreliable repair abilities. He may be great for ranged speed/damage paths but that's it. Maybe at very high signature levels he is great and offers another dimension but you don't need high signature levels to get great usage from the other tech bots. That's my take.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Can't go wrong with Shockwave - he gets me through everything.

Soundwave is still amazing IMO - just needs a high sig level.

Wheeljack has crazy potential too.

The rest are all incredible, all bar Ratchet IMO who is only good for the synergy...
    edited August 2018
    Ratchet of course is the only one I do not have and really do want.
    I think Shock will be my guy...he's sig level 41 right now so he should be a real cracker in a fight
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Will you have a duped 4* WJ this month? Then it's him of course. Those objs get the t3c rolling.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    I will go for WJ.
    Will you have a duped 4* WJ this month? Then it's him of course. Those objs get the t3c rolling.

Yeah I've already Duped mine twice
  • I went for Wheeljack (my first t3 spark to come from shards rather than the spark crystal or a deal). My team was already all autobots, and with Jazz, so the synergy is to my advantage. Shockwave seems to be the best standalone bot, but the opportunity for those additional buffs per fight, a somewhat more reliable heal compared to shockwave, the opportunity to completely finish a monthly objective list for once, and the playstyle suiting the longer fights of the expert-master spotlights makes Wheeljack my choice. Esp. if you can dupe him.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    s/Esp./Only :p
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    Love my max r5 Soundwave! Paired with CW Megs, gives my decepticon team that nice boost against those pesky autobots.