Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Wierd Wheeljack bug [Not a Bug]

DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
I just fought a duped 3/30 Wheeljack 4* against my 5/50 Prowl in an arena. He hit 76% and got stuck in a force shield loop. The shield would go down, he'd hit 75%, then go back to 76% He was in force shield mode about a dozen times or so before he finally took any damage. I think he had a heal buff going on. Maybe this is how it's supposed to work? If so...it's a little bit awesome of it's my guy.
Anyone else run across this?

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Nano repair mastery :)

Will do that for the first minute, because it keeps repairing above 75% and triggering the shield over and over.

It's not a bug, just an interesting skill mechanic that catches lots of players off guard, particularly in raids.

Use Cheetor against him and you can bust through that shield loop early with feral strike and repair block on s1.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    This is really an awesome thing to have and caught me SUPER off guard because I could get any damage on him for a minute or so...if he'd been a high level bot he'd have really given me a fit.
  • Yeah... and good bleed or burn can get past it. Nano heals so very little.
  • I had an issue with this a few times in spotlight, just couldn’t get him down further. @0mega_Supreme is bang on though, bleed him through it
  • Sucks in arena. My 2980 point bot couldn't get the 300 point Wheeljack opponent down past 76% health because of this 'feature'. My bot didn't have a DoT attack so fight went on and on as a total stalemate until I had to force quit. IMO this is a bug not a feature.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Sucks in arena. My 2980 point bot couldn't get the 300 point Wheeljack opponent down past 76% health because of this 'feature'. My bot didn't have a DoT attack so fight went on and on as a total stalemate until I had to force quit. IMO this is a bug not a feature.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Nano repair is active for a max of 60 secs.
  • JKL wrote: »
    Nano repair is active for a max of 60 secs.
    Really? Felt like much longer. I must just be used to beating people in 10 seconds :p
  • Nano repair mastery interacts hilariously with Wheeljack's sig because of this. I got a 30 hit combo against him as Jazz and was still at 75%. I needed backfire to break through the thresholds for me (especially since I have the despair mastery, and I think the backfire/confusion debuffs count even if they don't melt through/past the shield like a windblade, cheetor, etc. might do.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited August 2018
    Widow wrote: »
    This is a bug. You shouldn’t be able to run a bot in AM and basically be invulnerable for a minute. Needs fixed period.

Well, if this is how it’s supposed to be, I may invest in nano repair.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Darm0k wrote: »
    This is a bug. You shouldn’t be able to run a bot in AM and basically be invulnerable for a minute. Needs fixed period.

It absolutely should not be this way. Already have people timing out with wasp. Same thing is gonna happen with this bot. They need to stop the effect of nano repair or make the shield activate only once at every point (75,50,25) once per fight.

It's slightly broken but, if anything, his sig shield should simply be given a cooldown of 1 or 2 seconds before it could trigger again, enough of a window to get in one hit and negate nano repair at each threshold. If this were done and you avoid getting hit in AM I see no problem with it.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

It absolutely should not be this way. Already have people timing out with wasp. Same thing is gonna happen with this bot. They need to stop the effect of nano repair or make the shield activate only once at every point (75,50,25) once per fight.

There's enough bots that can override his shield, I don't think there's need for a Sig nerf already.

Cheetor
    Scout Bee
    Scream
    OGMT (under certain circumstances)
    Sideswipe s3 (I think)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Manthro wrote: »

There's enough bots that can override his shield, I don't think there's need for a Sig nerf already.

Cheetor
    Scout Bee
    Scream
    Sideswipe s3 (I think)

I’m not talking about fighting WJ. I’m talking about using him in AM and abusing a synergy/mastery interaction that was not designed to work that way to get an unfair advantage.

Advantage? man you do realize everybody has been offrered one 4* WJ?
  • Widow wrote: »

Cheetor
    Scout Bee
    Scream
    Sideswipe s3 (I think)

I’m not talking about fighting WJ. I’m talking about using him in AM and abusing a synergy/mastery interaction that was not designed to work that way to get an unfair advantage.

Any DOT bot can easily get through the shield. Burn him, bleed him, shock him and it’s like it was never there. So the list actually expands beyond the bots mentioned, but certainly wouldn’t call it an unfair advantage.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122

This really appears to be a bug or a unintended interaction, so I wouldn't call fixing it a nerf.
    Unless one of the mods tells us this was the plan for him, I think it's a mistake that should be fixed.
    As has been said, 60 seconds of invulnerability doesn't seem like it fits in the game.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Wheeljack in Expert and Master is on a mod that has a chance to repair him quite often, so I doubt the interaction is unintended.

You may have to work at getting him down the same way Ratchet might repair and you have to grind him down again. Same with Shockwave and his "Undo" you might have to grind him down again.

• I don't see a need to nerf or change his abbilitys.
    Thats a bot with great Sig playable as MV1 or similar.

As other says. With the right bot you got him down without any problem.

That game is meant to use the right bot on the right enemy. You have everytime an advantage with the right bot against an enemy.

By the way... There are guys (me too) that have allready invested much to level and forge him because of his Power (nerfed allready) and Sig abbilitys. So it would be unfair to nerf/change him again after the release.

So come on guys. Let him be.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Rework wrote: »

This really appears to be a bug or a unintended interaction, so I wouldn't call fixing it a nerf.
    Unless one of the mods tells us this was the plan for him, I think it's a mistake that should be fixed.
    As has been said, 60 seconds of invulnerability doesn't seem like it fits in the game.

Well,, you can't really that "60 sec of invulnerablity " ,why? The reason is explained a lot by many people here. And while using it for your own, who will you WJ against, Demos, I guess. The class whose bots are known for some serous DoTs, burn, dark burn, acid. And you realy won't be standing dummy to get hit, your gameplay will a good.
    The place where you realy benefit is Raids. And it really don't give you a really unfair advantage
  • Sorry but I don't understand why you want to fix a combination, that is possible to be done with the game...

Thats exyctly the point why much guys are leveling and forging Wheel to the main Team. Thats a combination of Syn, Sig and Masteries... I don't see the problem?

If you will be attacked with bleed or similar you will be skipped the 75% as well.. so where is the problem to use the combinations of Masteries, Sigs and abilitys?
    edited August 2018

Cheetor
    Scout Bee
    Scream
    Sideswipe s3 (I think)

Advantage? man you do realize everybody has been offrered one 4* WJ?

I’m gonan stop quoting all of you, hopefully you get the idea. And the fact that EVERYONE GOT ONE means EVERYONE in the game can take that bot into AM and be untouchable for the first minute. Then timeout, and do it again. And just mash sp3 over and over and over and keep healing. This is an issue and I’m not sure why none of you are understanding me lol.

It's the timeout trick which needs attention. Why doesn't the time freeze when I click pause? Maybe it's a mechanism to prevent occupying the enemy indefinitely if you leave your game paused to join a long meeting with a client. But it's so often abused -- by a bot named Ratchet while nobody is complaining about that unfairness.
  • At least the Kabam team need to decide if it is a bug or a „Skill“.

@Kabam Miike can you please check it up and tell us whats going on?

Thanks.

Rachet is not invulnerable. I play at the top level of the game where half of a combo will completely wipe out a bot at full health. Rat can be killed easily. OG can be killed easily. Wheel jack can not lol. Literally can’t be killed unless Your hit with a bleed/shock etc.

Say if you persist at 75% for a minute and took whatever life from the enemy. Pause out and start off at... 37.5%? The next shield is at 25%, if you can't manage to get two sp3 within a minute you cannot get back to 50% and things are getting messy. It's a gamble anyway.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited August 2018
    At least the Kabam team need to decide if it is a bug or a „Skill“.

Thanks.

no they don't. this "issue" is a bit exaggerated. nano repair at the highest level doesn't heal that much to where you would hit that loop for a full minute unless you were some how magically damaged right below 75% each time. If you play at a challenging AM level, the enemy bots will push you through that in no time. Sure you can get this "loop" a couple times in the fight if you did a sp3 heal but not for a full minute on repeat. The same with SP3.. you not going to earn a full Sp3 in 8 secs to do this on repeat. We're more likely to encounter this against a NPC WJ due to a mod enhancement not by a player to use in an AM
  • Tbh the reason he can probably constantly activate the force shield is an oversight because of his ability to heal innately (the "Success!" thing). They may have overlooked the nano repair synergy because they wanted you to be able to heal up to another force shield threshold. A simple fix to prevent the loop would be making it that each force shield needs at least 2 seconds to "recharge" or something. That would let him still use his passive/Sp3 to heal up to the next threshold, and allow for bots to break through and not get looped. I've found that if you're not expecting to run into a wheeljack in arenas with nano repair it's just awkward not having a debuff/DOT ability in your chosen team. Eventually the shield gives tho. In AMs, if WJ gets added, the AM mods wouldn't cause an issue since they're on a timer in most cases.

On what Voltron said: Wheeljack's force shield will CAP all damage at 75/50/25% except for direct or DOT effects during its active time (exceptions being repair-block and the despair mastery on a non-damage debuff, which seems to shut it down just enough that you can bypass it). He is right that it's not that abusable by a player, and is exaggerated in terms of AM, because a lot of AM missions have DOT punishment mods (shock block, melee bleed, just being bots with DOT).
  • Voltron wrote: »

Thanks.

no they don't. this "issue" is a bit exaggerated. nano repair at the highest level doesn't heal that much to where you would hit that loop for a full minute unless you were some how magically damaged right below 75% each time. If you play at a challenging AM level, the enemy bots will push you through that in no time. Sure you can get this "loop" a couple times in the fight if you did a sp3 heal but not for a full minute on repeat. The same with SP3.. you not going to earn a full Sp3 in 8 secs to do this on repeat. We're more likely to encounter this against a NPC WJ due to a mod enhancement not by a player to use in an AM

You must not have encountered it. Those who have understand.
    Voltron wrote: »

Thanks.

yeah you're right.. this whole month, I have yet to fight a WJ in the any of the missions and arenas

Thanks.

yeah you're right.. this whole month, I have yet to fight a WJ in the any of the missions and arenas

You proved his point with this post. Bots in spotlight don’t have nano repair lmao. Y’all are simple.

lol...because Kabam turns off masteries for Arenas. you clearly only read what you want to see...now that is simple
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    edited August 2018
    Agreed. No bot should be invulnerable to a dozen or so bots that don't have DOT for that long. The game is otherwise pretty well balanced, and this is a glaring interaction flaw. It's at the very least annoying to come across in raids or arenas, but also gives a crazy advantage against non DOT bots in AM or Spotlight that's not intended.