Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cheetor, the bane of my existence

So Cheetor is one of my mini bosses in AM, along with Rhinox. I'm equipped for them but MY GOD I'm getting tired of the physics defying bs Cheetor displays EVERY fight. It seems like the game knows wothout a doubt whos gonna win the match before it starts...I use Hot Rod, as the acceleration keeps (or is supposed to) keep him from evading....yet he still seems to evade..
So...who do YOU GUYS use to tackle this nightmare? Intel report says Hound...but I've not seen anyone do much with Hound..
Suggestions?

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    My alliance mate's Drift slays him everytime. Problem is...only 3 of my alliance mates have him at r5.
    So... we need moar Evade counters? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Concord @Kabam Custos

By the way, Hot Rod is pretty underpowered, he needs moar abilities aside from Deceleration and Acceleration.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Normally against a spotlight Cheetor he rocks. He seems underpowered because his critical stack and he hits like a tank when they're really rolling, but the AM Cheetor is Master level difficult.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Acceleration? It's dea cceleration which stops evade. If you mean it yeah he shouldn't evade, but he can miss ranged though
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I don’t use Hot Rod at all. I used to have a lot more trouble with him so I asked around for tips. Someone told me to treat Cheetor like Motormaster, wait for him to attack, then sidestep and counter. I find that being aggressive to him helps too, like getting in his face to melee or heavy bang (not projectile) into his block. So bots like OG OP, even MV are very good against Cheetor. Personally I use Bludgeon but I need to remind myself not to fall back into the range and heavy projectile mode, but use that sword to dash forward and slash. Critically, he always likes to SP1 when feral strike, so the moment I see that feral strike, either I backstep like crazy or I SP him.
    Acceleration? It's dea cceleration which stops evade. If you mean it yeah he shouldn't evade, but he can miss ranged though

Yeah that's what I meant... deceleration
    Just back step once, when he dashes and attack, on second dash back, he'll get you
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    I don’t use Hot Rod at all. I used to have a lot more trouble with him so I asked around for tips. Someone told me to treat Cheetor like Motormaster, wait for him to attack, then sidestep and counter. I find that being aggressive to him helps too, like getting in his face to melee or heavy bang (not projectile) into his block. So bots like OG OP, even MV are very good against Cheetor. Personally I use Bludgeon but I need to remind myself not to fall back into the range and heavy projectile mode, but use that sword to dash forward and slash. Critically, he always likes to SP1 when feral strike, so the moment I see that feral strike, either I backstep like crazy or I SP him.

Being super aggressive towards him usually works best for me....don't let him get a chance to breathe. Unfortunately when I treat him like Motormaster I go to counter, he evades and starts another round of hits. It's absolutely ridiculous.
    DrShotgun wrote: »

Being super aggressive towards him usually works best for me....don't let him get a chance to breathe. Unfortunately when I treat him like Motormaster I go to counter, he evades and starts another round of hits. It's absolutely ridiculous.

That's why drift is necessary lol.. Or arcee fills a bar before him due to her CRIT, and her specials trigger a precision, which completely negates Evades.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited August 2018
    I had this question when he evaded the last hit of my combo and finish me off with a sp3 for the 2nd AM in a row.

so he has a 25% chance to evade melee when he has gains a full power bar. does that mean this evade ability is permanent until he uses a sp? or just the brief moment he gains it. I'm thinking for former.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Voltron wrote: »
    I had this question when he evaded the last hit of my combo and finish me off with a sp3 for the 2nd AM in a row.

so he has a 25% chance to evade melee when he has gains a full power bar. does that mean this evade ability is permanent until he uses a sp? or just the brief moment he gains it. I'm thinking for former.

He goes back to "normal" when Feral Strike ends.
    So do we agree Arcee is a better choice? Because I have a teammate that brings her along on AMs
  • I play with Bone against him ..wait till he attack and counter Him.. let him jump and use his SP1..
    And than again ..sometimes u have to switch and make him more pressure.. normally I survive with 75% at Map 3.25 ..that’s ok for me
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

This has always been my philosophy with Cheetor - treat him like MM.

However, if you mis-time your evade, his second hit is undodgable so you have to counter (if you time it right) or block. His range is crazy stupid.
  • Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    edited August 2018
    I use Bludgeon also when I fight him. Mix of aggressive and defensive play to bait his sp1 when he get that feral strike going. Sometimes he reaches sp2, but that is also fairly easy to dodge if you play carefully.
    I use Bludgeon also when I fight him. Mix of aggressive and defensive play to bait his sp1 when he get that feral strike going. Sometimes he reaches sp2, but that is also fairly easy to dodge if you play carefully.

His sp2 doesn't scare ME, but the power buff he gets makes him get more feral strikes.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2018
    I'm afraid the problem is not all about evasion. After all his evade is predictable: fill him a bar, then you can run. Unlike the two Bees, Cheetor's evade will go away in a certain time. And if you use pot shot in the ranged game, he will not so easily shadowed through your shots and get you.
    The problem above all is the sheer damage: any mistake is heavily punished by his damage boost. This and the sig penetration, make you want to run. And in running, you're caught and punished hard. He has a strange dash-in calibration so that even if you sidestepped his two shots, you're caught by his dirty boots (man I hate those boots). Even a successful sidestep is not enough, his second hit still catches you if you dare to counterattack.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    I'm afraid the problem is not all about evasion. After all his evade is predictable: fill him a bar, then you can run. Unlike the two Bees, Cheetor's evade will go away in a certain time. And if you use pot shot in the ranged game, he will not so easily shadowed through your shots and get you.
    The problem above all is the sheer damage: any mistake is heavily punished by his damage boost. This and the sig penetration, make you want to run. And in running, you're caught and punished hard. He has a strange dash-in calibration so that even if you sidestepped his two shots, you're caught by his dirty boots (man I hate those boots). Even a successful sidestep is not enough, his second hit still catches you if you dare to counterattack.

This is why his fight is stupid. Between the crits and melee mod it can literally be one combo and a bleed that does 100% damage. It basically forces you to fight a perfect fight. I’ve also never seen an AI counter with s1 like he does. He’s a pay wall and it’s getting a bit absurd.
    kranders wrote: »

This is why his fight is stupid. Between the crits and melee mod it can literally be one combo and a bleed that does 100% damage. It basically forces you to fight a perfect fight. I’ve also never seen an AI counter with s1 like he does. He’s a pay wall and it’s getting a bit absurd.

Because his AI knows very well, his Specials can't be evaded, or their damage can't reduced,, and it gives fearless attitude to AI. To make it worse, he is power drain resistant.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Something with the AI in the AM kills me. I can practice all I want in arenas and other game modes and get perfects, but he can wipe out two and a half bots before I am able to KO him in the AM.
    Sometimes he chases you around like a real jungle cat.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    You know there's a problem with this map when the first mini boss is harder than the final boss.

Cheetor has the biggest steroids in the game, coupled with the fact the mods given to forces players to have a perfect fight, he's just not a fair boss to deal with. Coupled with the fact that his melee attacks have an absurdly long reach, five hits and you're done; there's no other enemy in map 3 that does that. It's stupid and it's unfair, and Kabam relishes in that.
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Custos
    Kabam WHOEVER....we'd like to hear some input on this. Why it's this way, and who was designed to combat this money pit. Every bot has his/her mortal enemy. The first boss on this field is harder than the final one. No one on my team wants to fight him so I do it and they cover me the rest of the AM. His damage output is absolutely ****. He cuts my Grimlock down like he was made of styrofoam and still manages to evade under an anti evade debuff...
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Anyone think there will be a new map with the landing of 7.0?
    edited August 2018
    Too soon for a new map, I think. They just changed it in April or May even.
  • Bludgeon. Bleeds, stuns on heavy, and his armor allows that mistake that turns into getting nailed by a special to not be fatal. Mine is r4 w/ forge 100 and on good days I only take 8 hits for half my life (obviously I'm not a ninja player). The over aggressive play can work nicely if you need too (I've finished him while low on HP and he has a SP3 charged [doesn't always bait] with 50% health), but it does open you up to being slammed.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Bludgeon. Bleeds, stuns on heavy, and his armor allows that mistake that turns into getting nailed by a special to not be fatal. Mine is r4 w/ forge 100 and on good days I only take 8 hits for half my life (obviously I'm not a ninja player). The over aggressive play can work nicely if you need too (I've finished him while low on HP and he has a SP3 charged [doesn't always bait] with 50% health), but it does open you up to being slammed.

Again it's all relative to the level you are playing. I would love to hear the numbers for item usage on Cheetor vs literally anything else from any map since day one.
  • WarblahWarblah Posts: 39
    edited August 2018
    He’s probably the only am bot which force you to timeout on the first hit rather than continue on fighting lol
    Think you have the health to withstand the x2 punishment? Then you start to notice the bleeding icons under your health bar which drains your hp to zero in no time.
    Or maybe you think u can still retaliate because you still have 40% health left after 4 hits, but then he decided to turn the last hit into a heavy critical which totally caught you by surprise

My main problem with him is always the dodge mechanic, I can dodge combos from all other bots but him. Simply because you will most likely get hit on the 2nd dodge. Motor and grimlock requires a different dodging method but at least there’s a pattern to it. For this guy if you chain dodges, u will get punished hard. It pretty much forces you to fight aggressively and it’s only possible because he tend to not withhold specials

Phase 2 primal damage is comparable with cheetor, if u get hit during this phase most likely it’s game over. The difference is it’s way more easier to dodge primal hit comparing to cheetor
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Too soon for a new map, I think. They just changed it in April or May even.

They used to change bots on the map every month at one point.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    5* Arcee R1 makes quick work of AM Cheetor. Heck, 4* Barry R4, too.
    Left-field: 4* Tantrum R4 or G1 Megs.
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    5* Arcee R1 makes quick work of AM Cheetor. Heck, 4* Barry R4, too.
    Left-field: 4* Tantrum R4 or G1 Megs.

What level AM are you playing?