Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Salvaging 7.0

SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
So now that we've all had a chance to vent about 6.4...err...I mean 7.0, I'll ask the question here that I asked yesterday in my YouTube review of 7.0: What immediate solutions can Kabam implement to try and salvage 7.0?

I'm not talking a lengthy, labor-intensive idea (ya know like they should've been doing since April 3rd's 6.0 release was announced), but something more immediate (in the next few weeks).

Here's my initial thoughts:

1. Introduce T3C Daily Missions. I was beyond shocked that this didn't make it into 7.0, especially with Kabam's emphasis on shifting from 4 stars to 5 stars. In my mind, it was a foregone conclusion that this would be in 7.0 because everybody hates the random crystals. I'd rather eke out the spark essence I need through dailies than continue to deal the disappointment of the dreaded random T3C crystal. It's great to see it will be in the raid store but we have no idea how much will be offered and how often.

2. Re-purpose RoK. Someone in my alliance family chat suggested the idea of "re-opening" Rulers of Kaon for people to complete it again (I wasn't sure if they meant for the same rewards or if they meant slightly updated rewards) but that got me thinking that once you beat RoK, you should have the option to complete again once every week for different rewards. If you're not going to offer T3C Daily Missions, I'd consider this a good substitution to it (you could even make RoK into the T3C Daily Mission for all I care). Each bot you defeat in RoK will give you 2500 T3C, for a final reward total of 5000 T3C of each class after beating the last boss, Demotron. This would reset at the end of each week and be open for anyone who has already completed RoK.

3. A much-needed Bot Balance. While this may not fall in the realm of immediate, it's definitely faster to do than to come up with a new game mode or release Act 4.

4. Reduce energy cost for Medium and Hard difficulty on Spotlight. We've asked for this and it's been ignored. It won't break the game and when you finally do release Act 4, the energy balance to complete both Spotlight and Story will already be there.

5. Fix the Gold Jazz Relic. OK, this one I just threw in there to round it out to 5 things. You said you were going to do it, Kabam. Make good on your promises!!!!

Honorable mentions:

Add T2 Mod sparks to the Raid Store
Add Exclusive Mods to the Raid Store or as part of the aforementioned weekly rotating RoK rewards.

Anyone else have any other thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• ToughTough Posts: 237
    ReWork AM rewards, since most of the rewards are now introduced in other parts of the game making them not as valuable anymore.

Add rotk3.

Add War.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    They can start by actually communicating with us and stop going dark after each change log...

Kabam Miike promised we would see more moderator activity but that just seems like another farce...

If we don't have all the information about 7.0 then maybe they can come and give us a heads up. They definitely made it sound like 7.0 was going to be a really big update but as we all have seen and many of us had already mentioned, this 'update' definitely seems more like a 'patch' and I actually find it odd that Miike states in the update thread "this patch"
    ul0f8ob4hdlq.png

Maybe... Just MAYBE... we are missing something ?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Tough wrote: »
    ReWork AM rewards, since most of the rewards are now introduced in other parts of the game making them not as valuable anymore.

Add rotk3.

Add War.

While the last 2 are not really immediate, I do agree with the first one, as that can be done fairly immediately.
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    Point 2 is a heck of an excellent idea !
    I did't think of it and it's even better than t3C dailies.
    But sorry to tell you this but this idea will never Come up to this game, you know why ? Because it is a good idea, and the good idea from the player never make it to this game
    TKO wrote: »
    They can start by actually communicating with us and stop going dark after each change log...

Kabam Miike promised we would see more moderator activity but that just seems like another farce...

If we don't have all the information about 7.0 then maybe they can come and give us a heads up. They definitely made it sound like 7.0 was going to be a really big update but as we all have seen and many of us had already mentioned, this 'update' definitely seems more like a 'patch' and I actually find it odd that Miike states in the update thread "this patch"
    ul0f8ob4hdlq.png

lol I said that in my review; that maybe they're just trolling us and that there really is another half of the update that will drop on the last day of the Road to 7.0 Calendar. Fingers crossed, lol.
  • ToughTough Posts: 237
    Add a regular 200 energon crystal that give a chance for a 3* 4* or 5*.
    Synthwave wrote: »

ul0f8ob4hdlq.png

lol I said that in my review; that maybe they're just trolling us and that there really is another half of the update that will drop on the last day of the Road to 7.0 Calendar. Fingers crossed, lol.

Kabam REALLY needs to get to the right page in their calendar... Its not April anymore

lol anything involving the expenditure of energon is sure to get their attention.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Different away missions based on commander level — sort of how they did with the elite 4 hour and daily crystals. At this point, an away mission for t1 alpha essence doesn’t equate to an epic away mission for me. Don’t get rid of that one though, it’s still a good one for newer players with a lower commander level, just separate it.

lol anything involving the expenditure of energon is sure to get their attention.

Maybe there's an option to pay-as-you-go for less lag? like 10 energon per minute of lag reduction?
    #6 on the list: UPDATE THE KNIGHT CRYSTALS!!
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Glass half full... this is the best exclusive calendar lead in to a nothing event that I’ve ever seen!!
    #6 on the list: UPDATE THE KNIGHT CRYSTALS!!

This should have been done A LONG LONG time ago. Or at least add a T4 Knight Crystal
    #7 Splash Screen Update.

Not gonna lie, this one is very minor, but not seeing a new splash screen after we updated the game in the store was also another herald that said 7.0 was gonna be half-baked. The fact that they couldn't even be bothered to do this was not encouraging at all. We don't expect them in the minor updates, but the major updates should definitely have them. Maybe it will come at the end of the calendar though along with that new game mode lol.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    The raid store needed much more of a facelift then just adding a few items to the daily rotation because we will see those like maybe once a month.

Overall, raiding has been long dead in this game because 90% of the time there is nothing worth raiding for.

This game is clearly on life support and I am very saddened by it because I have really enjoyed playing. They might as well start giving the community what we want and keep us semi happy until it gets shutdown.
    #7 Splash Screen Update.

Not gonna lie, this one is very minor, but not seeing a new splash screen after we updated the game in the store was also another herald that said 7.0 was gonna be half-baked. The fact that they couldn't even be bothered to do this was not encouraging at all. We don't expect them in the minor updates, but the major updates should definitely have them. Maybe it will come at the end of the calendar though along with that new game mode lol.

I have also been saying this for a long time
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994

ul0f8ob4hdlq.png

I've barely seen any mods in here the last few weeks other than for shutting down threads.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Lapras wrote: »
    The raid store needed much more of a facelift then just adding a few items to the daily rotation because we will see those like maybe once a month.

Overall, raiding has been long dead in this game because 90% of the time there is nothing worth raiding for.

This game is clearly on life support and I am very saddened by it because I have really enjoyed playing. They might as well start giving the community what we want and keep us semi happy until it gets shutdown.

Life support, wow man ease with up the dreariness just because you find there is nothing worth raiding for 90% of the time, that doesn't mean everybody else feels that way.
  • I think finishing up the Mastery system would have been a step up for 7.0.

But it ill likely go like this:

2019 8.0 New Content! 2 Brand New Masteries Revealed!
    2020 10.0 New Content! 2 Brand New Masteries Revealed!
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    #7 Splash Screen Update.

What? You’ve grown tired seeing Soundwave stepping on Blaster? :) Hmmm, no new splash screen could imply that this possibly wasn’t actually a major release...
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Sirs, I really appreciate your effort in our Darkest Hour, reminding and encouraging us to talk about the good ideas which we keep dreaming of as our own life support.

You sensed a 'But...'? No there isn't.
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Some new music, act 4, and a crystal called the “ huge boy” crystal that has only 4* and two 2* and they are mixmaster and hound and those are the only ones that you get
    Thank you all for the constructive suggestions and feedback. The team and I are already discussing it.

One thing I want to point out is that we are already planning on implementing one of the suggestions, but were going to announce it with the new Spotlight Mission, as it's related to it:

4. Reduce energy cost for Medium and Hard difficulty on Spotlight.

We're going to be reducing the Energy required for Medium from 2 to 1, and the Energy required for Hard from 3 to 2.

Please keep the constructive feedback coming! We're reading it!

This is good news. Is it possible to consider moving Expert to 2 from 3 as well? So the energy per node would end up being (in order of lowest to highest difficulty) 1,1,2,2,3?
    Thank you all for the constructive suggestions and feedback. The team and I are already discussing it.

One thing I want to point out is that we are already planning on implementing one of the suggestions, but were going to announce it with the new Spotlight Mission, as it's related to it:

We're going to be reducing the Energy required for Medium from 2 to 1, and the Energy required for Hard from 3 to 2.

That is great news!! Please also consider adding something Permanent to the raid store that we need. I personally would rather have T3 essence added Permanently then having T3 class daily missions. Why? It would actually give me incentive to raid and T3 dailies would take up too much energy that we need for spotlight (although you are addressing that).
  • Thank you all for the constructive suggestions and feedback. The team and I are already discussing it.

Please remove Tier 1 Alpha sharks from Tier 3 knight crystals and most important fix the lag...
    You would make alot of people happy.

Also, it would be great to see some of the AM encounters changed. It used to happen once a month, which I’m not suggesting we need to go back to that, but I think once a quarter (every 3 months) is reasonable and we have had beast wars for that long.

It is a minor thing and should take minimal effort, but would go a long way in keeping things fresh.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    You heard it folks, they will reduce the energy cost for the spotlight.
    That’s all what we will get & according to Kabam will save the day.
    Enjoy it.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    edited August 2018
    Not going to say "no thanks" but already autoplaying missions for 10 days after finishing spotlight with the current energy requirements. Without story mode next chapter, not sure what I'm going to do with the extra energy...