Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arcee Avoiding Magnus' Hammer

So just been fighting in the arena with Magnus vs. Arcee. Twice I used Magnus' SP1 and Arcee evaded the hammer and "Evade Ranged" showed up. Are you kidding me, Magnus's hammer is ranged? Suuuuure it is.

Comments

• It is. Try using it from afar to test it.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    It is. Try using it from afar to test it.

Okay, I'll talk to Magnus and see if he's willing to throw the hammer instead.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    it can be sidestepped at any range so it's a ranged.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    It's a range shot, but coded as a melee hit. Just like primal's heavy.
    that1guy wrote: »

If it's meleee, then she shouldn't be evading it with "evade ranged". If Magnus' SP1 hammer smash is ranged then every single attack in the game could technically be considered ranged. Even basic melee has some range to it.
  • OttoBotOttoBot Posts: 10
    If you watch the actual attack, there's a shockwave that emanates out in a line. That's what's doing the actual damage, i.e. the ranged attack.

I believe what that1guy is trying to say is that the damage, though, is physical as opposed to energy. Drift and Bludgeon's normal ranged attacks also count as physical attacks since they're throwing swords.
    I forgot about that burst that comes out after the hammer hits the ground. Maybe I'm wrong that does have range but it still seems kind of cheesy that Arcee can evade ranged when the hammer is slamming down right where she is.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

If it's meleee, then she shouldn't be evading it with "evade ranged". If Magnus' SP1 hammer smash is ranged then every single attack in the game could technically be considered ranged. Even basic melee has some range to it.

She's evading it because it's still a ranged shot, but when it hits the enemy it counts as melee damage.

I don't know why it operates like that, but it explains why mirage, or windblade can't dodge it with their heavy attack. The same thing applies to primal's heavy attack. Moreover, it was confirmed awhile back how these certain interactions work.
    edited August 2018
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

She's evading it because it's still a ranged shot, but when it hits the enemy it counts as melee damage.

I don't know why it operates like that, but it explains why mirage, or windblade can't dodge it with their heavy attack. The same thing applies to primal's heavy attack. Moreover, it was confirmed awhile back how these certain interactions work.

That seems odd though, it counts as ranged for Arcee so she can "evade ranged" then why can't Windblade and Mirage evade seeing as they are supposed to "Miss" ranged with their heavies. If the burst is ranged then it shouldn't matter if the damage counts as melee, no?
    I get what you're saying, it honestly makes sense. The best I can guess it works is as the ranged 'projectile' goes through Windblade or Mirage's hitbox, it counts it as a melee damage as opposed to a ranged damage. If you look at their tootips, either one says something along the lines of missing or being invulnerable to ranged damage - not ranged melee...I know lol. In Arcee's case, because she has a passive that avoids range 'projectiles' altogether, her evade kicks in and dodges it before it goes through her hit boxes and get registered as a melee damage.

Unless someone from Kabam comes in and explains it all (which would be nice), that's my best educated answer.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Simple: He smashes hammer to send a rock wave which is heavy, but strength of rock wave depends on how hard he strikes hammer which depends on his muscle power hence this attack is buffed by melee buffs.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    because the heavy evade ability is different from an evade ability. not saying I disagree..that's what I understood as the laws in Kabam's universe. though visually... it makes sense for mirage since he's a car. Windblade on the other hand..she should be able to weave through.

what about those landmines? are those melee range? lol.
  • hammer is melee but the wave from that hammer is ranged……
  • Arabica wrote: »
    hammer is melee but the wave from that hammer is ranged……

Then she shouldn't be able to "evade ranged" when the hammer hits right where she is.
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Arabica wrote: »
    hammer is melee but the wave from that hammer is ranged……

Then she shouldn't be able to "evade ranged" when the hammer hits right where she is.

There are certain things which have no answers.
    The only laws of physics ,and the dictionary which work in this game are defined by Kabam only.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Arcee is slippery because when you actually land a hit on her it counts. She's the OG glass cannon
  • All light and medium Melee attacks do Physical damage.

Ranged attacks can do Physical damage, or (more often) Energy damage.

Magnus's sp1, like Primal's heavy, is a classified as a Ranged attack doing Physical damage.

Bots that evade ranged can evade both Physical and Energy ranged attacks. The Physical \ Energy classification matters for resistance buffs \ debuffs and can also seem to go against out of game logic, but make sense within the game's paradigm.