Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Dupes

How many dupes can you get for a bot? I just dropped $40 in soundwave crystals and got nothing but dupes for my trouble but I seeing rather consistent dupes (the movie deceptions and windblade) with no 3*. I just want to know how many times this can happen.

Also what is Soundwave drop rate?

Comments

• Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited May 2017
    You will never get them to tell you the real percentage for obtaining anything.

Bottom line is that you have a HIGH chance to get a *2, a Medium-low chance to get a 3*, and a Low chance to get a 4*. There are no limits on how many times you can receive the same bot....so you could, theoretically, open up 10 crystals, and get 10 of the exact same 2* bot.

Spending money on crystals is always a risk. You could drop $500 on Soundwave crystals and only get 2*'s.

Getting a dupe is not all bad though. You get class specific Ore, gold, and if you didnt already, when you dupe your 2*+ bots, it will unlock their signature ability - making them more powerful overall. Any dupe past the initial one further increases the power of their signature ability as well.
  • TheNaSMaXTheNaSMaX Posts: 4
    Hmm, that's distressing as Soundwave is my favorite and the reason I even spent money in game. I don't suppose the is an option to just buy outright?
    Also had anyone actually gotten him yet?
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    I bought 4 and lucked out gaxhl0uwtpc6.png
    TheNaSMaX wrote: »
    Hmm, that's distressing as Soundwave is my favorite and the reason I even spent money in game. I don't suppose the is an option to just buy outright?
    Also had anyone actually gotten him yet?

Very rarely will you ever see them offer a bot straight up for cash, or for something like Energon. They did it right after launch and offered Bumblebee and UM for cash. But I would not expect that to be any sort of norm. If they ever do offer Soundwave straight up, it would be months, if not years from now.

The good news is that the Bot pool is very low right now compared to games like MCOC - which means that you actually have a pretty decent shot at getting Soundwave from one of those crystals, all things considered. Dont get me wrong though, its still a LOW chance, but I think you would have a better chance getting him now than a MCOC player would have to get that games featured champion.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Bots can be duped unlimited times, their signature ability goes up by 5 every dupe and maxes out at 99. Even at 99 you can still dupe the bot but there is no reward in place yet for pulling a max dupe
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2017
    I will go so far as to say the chance for pulling Soundwave is not higher.

Rather, he is simply part of the bot pool for the limited time crystal, and his drop rate is the same as every other bot.

I have no hard evidence to support this statement, but it seems logical that kabam is simply unlocking Soundwave for 50 extra energon per pull. It's doubtful the the drop rate is higher for him though.
    I only suggested that the chances to get him might be higher because the pool of characters in this game is much smaller than the pool of characters in MCOC.

I could also theorize that because the game is brand new, with a light player base so far, they might increase the odds to get the feature bot just a bit to get more people to win him, to entice more people to start playing.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    buy normal premium crystals.. more value for money / energon.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Yes more value but soundwave is not in them
  • MaxBebop wrote: »

That sir is Awesome!
  • TheNaSMaXTheNaSMaX Posts: 4
    MaxBebop wrote: »

That sir is Awesome!

I just bought ten..... damn.