Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Bots still defying physics

Comments

• Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited September 2018
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Here's today's physics buster...
    Raid: final bot was a 4* 5/50 sign 15 Waspinator on a 3* HA.
    He came back per his sig and I hit him with a Grimlock sp1...100% chance to inflict burn...but it didn't. He didn't burn. I win the match but it's small glitches like this that can cause a failed raid, failed AM match, or spotlight KO.

Yes.
    Also experienced this.
    Another amusing glitch is when you SP3 mv Megatron, and he "hails Megatron", after the 2nd hit, comes down, ignores your strike then SP3s, kills you.
    I was using MV Megatron, too, and was on 100%.
    Lovely.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited September 2018
    Today's glitch: raids. Tantrum armed with an exo-filter evaded out of a special following a combo.
    Tantrum doesn't have an evade, and neither does that mod.

Speaking of mods....haven't heard anything from a mod as of late. Has this thread been swept under the rug or are some of these MANY issues being addressed?
  • Options
    Today's glitch: raids. Tantrum armed with an exo-filter evaded out of a special following a combo.
    Tantrum doesn't have an evade, and neither does that mod.

Speaking of mods....haven't heard anything from a mod as of late. Has this thread been swept under the rug or are some of these MANY issues being addressed?

4* Optimus Primal and Bonecrusher avoiding SP2 final hits of 4* Motormaster and MV Megatron respectively for me (Arena, Strange and Bleed mod respectively)
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    this new update didn't fix the "whiff".. this just happened to me during a raid where cheetor missed the 2nd attack, hit with the 3rd and then was blocked on the sp1.

I also notice Jazz's sp1 tends to get blocked. He's on my AM team and this happens in every AM - where the AI can block the sp1 regardless if the sp1 was done in part of a combo.

If you take all these "abilities" and combine it with the lag (where i can't side step when I want to or dash after shooting a range because the game registers my dash as another range attack)......I really just to got to treat this as one of those absurd cheating games and that's just how it is going to be.

lastly.. I've been trying to see if I can do the same range hit where the AI will fire a couple range attacks when you're knocked down and it'll hit you as you get up. so far, the AI just blocks the moment it gets up. I'm curious if anyone is able to do this? I even use the same bots that tend to do this to you..blaster, UM, Star, etc.. I also tried to see if I can block the moment i get up but you know the answer to that one.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited September 2018
    Voltron wrote: »
    this new update didn't fix the "whiff".. this just happened to me during a raid where cheetor missed the 2nd attack, hit with the 3rd and then was blocked on the sp1.

I also notice Jazz's sp1 tends to get blocked. He's on my AM team and this happens in every AM - where the AI can block the sp1 regardless if the sp1 was done in part of a combo.

If you take all these "abilities" and combine it with the lag (where i can't side step when I want to or dash after shooting a range because the game registers my dash as another range attack)......I really just to got to treat this as one of those absurd cheating games and that's just how it is going to be.

lastly.. I've been trying to see if I can do the same range hit where the AI will fire a couple range attacks when you're knocked down and it'll hit you as you get up. so far, the AI just blocks the moment it gets up. I'm curious if anyone is able to do this? I even use the same bots that tend to do this to you..blaster, UM, Star, etc.. I also tried to see if I can block the moment i get up but you know the answer to that one.

Yes Jazz's SP1 tends to mishit more often than other bots I've noticed.

Hitting bots with range as soon as they get up....I can do this once in a while, not regularly though. Not sure if it's a timing thing of if it just isn't always possible.
  • Options
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Hitting bots with range as soon as they get up....I can do this once in a while, not regularly though. Not sure if it's a timing thing of if it just isn't always possible.

Not always possible.
    Otherwise Galvatron or Bludgeon would be nigh unstoppable!
  • Options
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Not always possible.

If you can hit them with range as soon as they get up, how would that make them "nigh unstoppable"?
  • Options

Not always possible.

If you can hit them with range as soon as they get up, how would that make them "nigh unstoppable"?

I meant the player using one of the long range experts, Galvatron, both Megs, Bludgeon, Waspinator, Barricade, Jazz, Blaster, Magnus, etc could spam you to death. Thus, unstoppable.
    Especially ol skeleton, with his added Stun.
  • Options
    SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87

It's largely in part the AI seems to be able to take instructions on what to do when they get up before they actually do. I've had countless times where I've been able to time my bullets perfectly over them when they get up, just like what they do to us, however the AI has already activated either a block or worse yet, a special so the bullets don't take any effect on them. Unfortunately we can't do that, our specials are disabled until our bot has completely picked himself up off the ground. Fighting Megatronus this past month made this evidently clear that there is a delay between our bots getting up and being able to take instructions compared to the time our bot becomes vulnerable to attack. Having Megatronus' unblockable attacks fire on us leaves you defenceless and takes the hits since your bot takes hit hits before the game will take a swipe to move the bot.
  • Options
    0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    edited September 2018
    Megatronus actually just INTERRUPTED a special.

Fighting Megatronus with Cheator on hardest path of Expert, at the end of a combo I fired off an SP2 and Megatronus backstepped away from the first hit of the Special (of course), and before Cheator could even charge his glowey ball thing, Megatronus interrupted the special landing several hits and causing damage.

No BS.... actually INTERRUPTED a special and counter attacked CAUSING DAMAGE.

Both of these things are supposed to be impossible, right?
  • Options
    0VERKILL wrote: »
    Megatronus actually just INTERRUPTED a special.

Fighting Megatronus with Cheator on hardest path of Expert, at the end of a combo I fired off an SP2 and Megatronus backstepped away from the first hit (of course), and before Cheator could even charge his glowey ball thing, Megatronus interrupted the special landing several hits and causing damage.

No BS.... actually INTERRUPTED a special and counter attacked CAUSING DAMAGE.

Both of these things are supposed to be impossible, right?

Yup. Expert or Master, The Fallen has the capability to be a complete twunt and interrupt Galvatron's SP2 AFTER you land the first hit.
    Like clockwork.
    Also, for a fat git, he sashays away from Ironhide's SP2s midway, too!
  • Options
    In a raid, using Rhinox against a 5* MvMegatron with a Robot Resource, I launched an SP3 and in the middle of it Megatron went unstoppable and avoided the last hit of the special. The animation of the special completed as normal, but at the end of it Megatron was standing upright and moving.

In another unrelated raid before that, fighting against MvMegatron again I got him down to 2%, but he got me before I could finish him. Even tho he was at 2% when the fight ended, and this was an UPDUPED Megatron, when the next fight started he was up to 31% health.
  • Options
    I just had an issue with MvMegatron also...raiding, 5/50 Duped Megatron on a robot resource...got him to 1% and he basically became a ghost. Just stood there while Grimlocks sword just passed right through him.
  • Options
    Anyone else got STUCK projectiles in midair after you throw a sword/shell and the AI does a SP3?
    It just stays there!
  • Options
    Anyone else got STUCK projectiles in midair after you throw a sword/shell and the AI does a SP3?
    It just stays there!

Nope. But I have had G1 Megatron's fusion cannon still moving around on it's own after Megatron is KO'd and laying dead on the floor. Hilarious to see :D
  • Options
    It just stays there!

I've had Bludgeons sword sitting there spinning in one spot for the rest of the fight.
  • Options
    It just stays there!

yup, Ironhide's heavy attack always leaves 2 little vibrating missiles floating in the air
  • Options
    Today, AM, Grindor on the first field vs my Prowl...finishing up a combo and went for the sp1...my button wouldn't work because before my combo was finished, Grindor had triggered HIS sp1. Screen began going dark before I finished my combo.

So ..are we being heard? What's being done about this, if anything?
    What's causing these issues? What CAN be done?
    Do I need to drop another f bomb to get an update?
  • Options
    SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    Today in the Arena had Wasp vs OG Prime. Wasp was blocking a combo from Prime, and a well timed back swipe moved Wasp back out of the blocked combo. Instantly tapping to fire a shot, the bullet went right through prime registering no damage while Prime did a mid strike with his long leg to make contact with Wasp.
  • Options
    I do not know if kabam have already fixed, but it was possible to interrupt Galvatron SP2.

This has happened to me a few times against various bots and I have also done this against some Galvatrons.
  • Options
    WAZZZPINATOR WANTZZ JUSTICE, KABAM!
    Wazzzpinator is crushed and smashed like an...inzzect?... But when Wazzzpinator risezz up again, those Fool-Botzz catch me in their combo before it could stand on my feet and be able to react. I want to be Unstoppable while Healing.
    Conzzider on it Kabam!
  • Options
    WAZZZPINATOR WANTZZ JUSTICE, KABAM!
    Wazzzpinator is crushed and smashed like an...inzzect?... But when Wazzzpinator risezz up again, those Fool-Botzz catch me in their combo before it could stand on my feet and be able to react. I want to be Unstoppable while Healing.
    Conzzider on it Kabam!

when you're wasp..you get caught in the combo. when you're fighting wasp..he always manages to get out or unleash a sp on you if you try to do this
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    so that range trap... Megatronus in 3.2. as if getting caught by a special wasn't enough and to take 3 ranges after that.
  • Options
    RoybotRoybot Posts: 5
    This is extremely annoying. I played Contest of Champions since it's beginning and joined this game day one. I am currently having the worst experience I have ever had in either game. This game is so buggy it's ridiculous. It's barely playable.
  • Options
    So it hasn't been as bad as it was before, but I was on the left lane in Master on 1.2 I believe...the 3 second stun and 9 second power lock mod when hit with a heavy. I got hit, stunned for a VERY long 3 seconds....that 3 seconds was long enough for me to count 5 seconds. When facing a modded OP Master level opponent, an extra 2 seconds matters.
    Someone needs to learn to count please.
  • Options
    Next fight, master stagger 4 lane, purple shark. Hit with a heavy, stunned 5 seconds, on second 4, hit with another heavy, then another.
    Stuns are stacking now? I literally sat stunned for 10-12 seconds.
    @Kabam Miike do you think this is cool?
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    edited October 2018
    Is it in the quests? Event quests?[/color]

mcoc words :-(
  • Options
    Next fight, master stagger 4 lane, purple shark. Hit with a heavy, stunned 5 seconds, on second 4, hit with another heavy, then another.
    Stuns are stacking now? I literally sat stunned for 10-12 seconds.
    @Kabam Miike do you think this is cool?

Happens on expert, too.
    When using average 4* R3 bots, those stuns stack up and the AI does a Bill Cosby on you.
    Real roofies don't last as long.
    You just can't move!
  • Options
    Also:
    5* Tantrum, Primal, Shockwave, Cyclonus have a tendency to EVADE SP2s.

But a maxed out 4* Megatronus has HAPPILY turned to mincemeat for a 4* R3 Wheeljack or 4* R4 Galvatron/Motormaster.
    Now absorbs TONNES of damage, i only notice till he pulls of tempo invincibility at the end. What a wuss.
    Yay for me!
  • Options
    Rabble
    Rabble ,’yeah cheating!! Rabble rabble.....mad!!!....