Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Megatron's buff steal

I have come across several debuffs that Megatron is not able to "steal". Energon Shield, the power gain buff in AM on lane 2.2 Map 3, and one other from Tantrum spotlight that I can't remember right now (maybe someone else does).

What happens is Megatron will take the buff away from the opponent and the tag line shows on the screen, but once he steals them the benefits of the buff don't apply to him. So basically what is happening is that he is nullifying those buffs as opposed to stealing them.

Comments

• It should be a complaint as the tooltip describes any buffs can be stolen. Whether you think it's balanced or not is subjective, the fact is it's not working as described. Kabam can't just pick and choose what buffs should be applicable to the signature abilities without any specifics listed in the tooltip, otherwise we'll end up in the same situation where grimlock couldn't consume the debuff from the old electronic storm in old map 3.

P.s. Kabam fixed it so grim could consume the debuff.
  • Well, in Tantrum spotlight, He was in the Spotlight to counter Energon Shield.
    He can steal any buff. But, only Bot generated buffs benefits him or the normal ones like simple Attack, Melee, Special buff, Armor,Melee ranged Resistance. etc... But for some Special MOD generated Buffs like Energon shield, he is more like Nullify. Because none of Bots generate a Energon Shield by themselves.
    The buff which can generated by a bot only benefit Megs, like A Damage buff can be generated by a Bot, it will benefit Megs whether he steals the Damage buff generated by Bot OR MOD.
    I wish this isn't complicated.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    He knows how to steal them but he doesn't know how to use them, much like many thieves IRL