Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How to counter : Shock debuffs

I find it hard to counter the shock block path and ranged shock paths in Special missions. Any tips?
I know Kickback can consume shocks but he seems to be quite fragile. Perhaps a Beast wars team will nullify the debuffs?

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Grimlock, Tantrum, max forged Ratchet?
  • Max forged Ratchet can't overcome the shock damage in Master Missions. Beast purification seems good because it applies to all the beast war bots as long as there are 2 other BW with Primal.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Use ranged attack
  • Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Max forged Ratchet can't overcome the shock damage in Master Missions. Beast purification seems good because it applies to all the beast war bots as long as there are 2 other BW with Primal.

Yes Beasts and Kickback. Awakened Grimlock and awakened Tantrum also have purification capabilities.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    edited September 2018
    For shock block I found this is better countered by choosing the right gameplay strategy. Meaning, I went with bots that have ranged heavies, like shockwave and IH, and never dashed in. I would only go for melee attacks off of sidestep counters. It makes for a little bit of a slower fight, but it worked for me.

Ranged shock paths I would go with a bot that has ranged evade ( a lot of scouts and arcee) or shockwave since he has 100% block proficiency against ranged.
  • Lapras wrote: »
    For shock block I found this is better countered by choosing the right gameplay strategy. Meaning, I went with bots that have ranged heavies, like shockwave and IH, and never dashed in. I would only go for melee attacks off of sidestep counters. It makes for a little bit of a slower fight, but it worked for me.

Ranged shock paths I would go with a bot that has ranged evade ( a lot of scouts and arcee) or shockwave since he has 100% block proficiency against ranged.

Shockwave is my main, and he seemed to have a favorable matchup throughout Master. Loved it.
  • Grimlock is good, for shock specific paths, kickback gains additional benefits. For ranged shock paths, consider Arcee, Cheetor, Mirage, Windblade, ranged evaders and wait for correct openings. For Shock Block, Wasp is best against nontechs , Barricade also has a reliable ranged gameplay, In warriors Bludgeon is useful his heavy will smash out opponent and he stun to give a melee opening for specials,