Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Emergency! Megatronus is here!

KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Cyclonus is interesting but still has his thunder stolen on day 1 as many of us were tortured by the real boss, Megatronus.

Without mods, the Fallen is already a well designed opponent with:
* his signature blocks any buffs to be obtained and debuffs to be applied to him (Nano Wheeljack? No, the shield won't activate)
* automatically charge power bar like he's got Robot Resource. You need to do power control and special baiting.
* Power steal and life steal!
And the mods are such a fricking nightmare:
* Relentless assault to prevent dodging too much
* Improved Aim Enhancer, oh come on....
* Duplicate buff?! Ratchet heals the boss quicker than himself. Soundwave can offer a free sp3 with two heavies. Prowl? Maybe. But you need to hurry, once he has a bar and triggers the Obedience sig, you cannot power burn him.
* and Randomize...

any good counter to him? And speculation on whether he stays NPC or becomes available the next month?

Comments

• Options
    I just got to him for the third time, and after thinking about it he seems deliberately overpowered, so I'm voting NPC. With the buff/debuff thing plus his relics activating, most bots can't touch him with anything besides basic damage and can't buff themselves to mitigate his relics which shuts down most Techs (and Scouts, and Tacts, and...)hard. The Demo class mostly seems to get slapped on because his heavies inflict Dark Burn and his specials hit monstrously hard (or maybe I'm just unlucky, I dunno). No way we're allowed to use him without breaking a nerf bat over his head.
  • Options
    Took him down in Master today, had to Rez my Soundwave to finish him off though!
    My Bonecrusher did the most damage to him (~40%), having no buffs to share and bleeds worked just fine.
    Both chapter 3 bosses are a huge challenge this month, especially compared to the last cakewalk we had with WJ.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    He steals enemy's health based on percentage of theirs -- this alone makes him impossible to be obtainable. Otherwise he can breeze through ROTK with full health.
  • Options
    He steals enemy's health based on percentage of theirs -- this alone makes him impossible to be obtainable. Otherwise he can breeze through ROTK with full health.

O thought he does that with his,, like his 15% health is 7k, he will steal it from opponent, how. Much he can even if he K.os them
  • Options
    Here's what he got,
    foje2nyxnh40.png
    9zqan3rn8z1q.png
    h6yj2e8yohjm.png
    qbyzk07bnczl.png
    p7dua2f8bf3z.png
    oz5k2e5djy5q.png

• Options
    If you're on full attack mode, you'll surely be ahead of power race, and prowl will burn power, his sign needs a power bar filled
    So....
  • Options

O thought he does that with his,, like his 15% health is 7k, he will steal it from opponent, how. Much he can even if he K.os them

OK I misread that. It's not very clear as it says "Steal life from opponent equal to 15% of Max Health". Should be his to be coherent. Still not sure how it works because the special already deals damage. Does he steal additional life?
  • Options
    Thanks for pulling that info
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    If you're on full attack mode, you'll surely be ahead of power race, and prowl will burn power, his sign needs a power bar filled
    So....

Didn't actually try Prowl on him but in previous encounters with "buff steal", when Prowl finishes charging, the opponent activates a power flow buff. So Prowls needs to hurry and link sp1 earlier in a combo (Megatronus still gets power when hit).
  • Options
    HrockHrock Posts: 132
    I tried prowl and supercharged him on replicate. Got there will a full team almost 100 health. Got destroyed. Someone told me before he was released he had the relic of wallet and energon drain. They were right. Wont be spending thought. Feels like a bit of a groin kick to a already frustrated player base imo.
  • Options
    In Expert it seems like you can't even counter his combos with your own combo because he gets an instant block even though his hands are behind his back.
  • Options
    Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    I have to admit his design is literally flawless. It looks like something you would actually call “Megatronus”.
  • Options
    I imagine hes gonna be playable. Or he might be exclusive like g1 bee. If he is playable i foresee a tweaking of his abilities. Probably to much smaller percentages than what they are now.
  • Options
    ToughTough Posts: 237
    meh he’s easy
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Devilish thing to put him in spotlight, he’s beatable but shouldn’t be in our normal spotlight missions, wish they had just one super special mission with only a 100k (hardest difficulty mode) Mark Hamill as the boss that’d be much better imo
  • Options
    To be honest it’s a very fun fight, even in master I had fun. The next 4 times might change my mind though. Special 1 is very tough to dodge! I brought OG Megatron, seemed to be the best option to me despite class disadvantage, just due to being able to steal his buffs.
  • Options
    Just my 2 cents ill admit it wasn't on master but I've played all other levels up to expert and I found by using shockwave with mirage and rhinox on the team of both 3 and 4 * for an all tech team and I managed him on expert as well the 1st go and he never got a power bar my shockwave is a 5* unduped thought so he had no ability to steal
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited September 2018
    Anybody attempted to face Megatronus with either of the Brawler Optimus bots? MV1 Prime beat The Fallen in the Bayverse, while Primal Held his own vs Megatronus in PotP (albeit in Optimal mode). Galvatron might be worth a shot as well, considering Will of Unicron & no buffs to steal. Just trying to think about other options here.
  • Options
    I'm gonna, pull my RHINOX out, to kick his Power Gain, Sign, Relentless Assault, Ramdomizer.
  • Options
    And Megatronus just got power from his power gain, not by getting attacked or attacking. So, being offensive is a key.
  • Options
    And Megatronus just got power from his power gain, not by getting attacked or attacking. So, being offensive is a key.

It reads 1.2% per second, that's 30% in 25 seconds (less than a bar). But viewing the video, it goes way quicker than that: 10 seconds and his sp1 is ready
  • Options
    used 500+ energons for master level megatronus…then got three 4-star bots haha
  • Options
    AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 101
    I must say, i'm quite dissapointed in Megatronus.
    First, he is look like a generic mecha or villain from old anime or japanese game, with those shoulders and goofy big helmet
    52326-mazinger.jpg
    latest?cb=20171121230718
    latest?cb=20150218084757

And colors... so bright orange, purple and gray, he looks like a parrot...
    For this one, i truly belive, they should take his Fallen RotF look. There he was strange, bizarre and really look ancient.
    And second, his talking.... He is not "sound" like a god-like ancient being just awoke from millenia of slumber... Just another megalomaniacal Megatron...
  • Options
    Annatar wrote: »
    I must say, i'm quite dissapointed in Megatronus.
    First, he is look like a generic mecha or villain from old anime or japanese game, with those shoulders and goofy big helmet
    52326-mazinger.jpg
    latest?cb=20171121230718
    latest?cb=20150218084757

And colors... so bright orange, purple and gray, he looks like a parrot...
    For this one, i truly belive, they should take his Fallen RotF look. There he was strange, bizarre and really look ancient.
    And second, his talking.... He is not "sound" like a god-like ancient being just awoke from millenia of slumber... Just another megalomaniacal Megatron...

Where do you think megatron took his name from?
  • Options
    Will he be playable? OR remain as a boss.
  • Options
    Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    Will he be playable? OR remain as a boss.

Most likely he'll stay as a boss
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    There's no way in hell that he'd be playable
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Just fought him in Master mode, his mods aren’t THAT hard. Replicate is only dangerous if you’re playing as Ratchet or an evader, Relentless Assault has been nerfed/fixed so I can dodge as many attacks as I can, Megatronus also gains power slower than Doctor Strange in MCOC, which is a good thing, I just wish he could gain moar power so I can bait his SP1 to find openings. However, as a skilless player, I found him extremely frustrating as his AI is a combination of both dashers and snipers, I had to spam the hell out of heavy attacks to hit. Whenever I use a dash attack, Megatronus just intercepts that immediately without having to dodge that first. Thanks to his aggressiveness, I have managed to use intercepting tactics and beat the scrap out of him.

Oh and does anyone know why I got stunned when my unduped Galvatron dashed into Megatronus?
  • Options
    Update: Galvatron vs Megatronus is a bad idea. In Medium mode, all of Megatronus’ attacks are unblockable... meaning Galvatron cannot charge up unchallenged & get Will of Unicron. Will try the Brawler Optimuses next.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Technobot wrote: »
    Update: Galvatron vs Megatronus is a bad idea. In Medium mode, all of Megatronus’ attacks are unblockable... meaning Galvatron cannot charge up unchallenged & get Will of Unicron. Will try the Brawler Optimuses next.
    Just because you’re holding block doesn’t mean you have to get hit