Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How many of you pulled 3 star Soundwave from cassette crystal?

veloceveloce Posts: 3
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
Hey guys i opened approximately more than 220 cassette crystal and i could not get 3 star Soundwave!
Is this possible? The chance for me to pull him from damn crystal is lower than 0.4% and i am not still getting it..this is ridiculous. Now i am wondering maybe there is a bug or something.

How many of you pulled 3 star Soundwave from cassette crystal? 39 votes

Lucky i pulled 3 star Soundwave!
12%
DJBahamutWolfeOmega_benPetuniaCatStridurr 5 votes
I still got nothing..
87%
HydroclawSteelSHXxKuiRdAlfaxXtekkn1kalrawrEnralurJitLJW7621DwarkMicheal1075KOBRAKissofDeathDbogert_129NightchrisTrailbreaker77munetoshi13BrandizzoCandKanePredaconsFTWnomisu 34 votes

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    I don't spend on features typically but the alliance family pulled several 4* and a few 3* sw and two guys duped 4*
  • HydroclawHydroclaw Posts: 66
    edited May 2017
    I still got nothing..
    I didn't get him, but I only opened 4. I know someone who opened only 10, and got 2 3* sw.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2017
    Lol. You opened how many crystals? That's 33,000 energon.

I call shenanigans.

That means you either had a ton of energon saved up somehow, or you spent over $1000 on energon.

Then you probably refunded it anyway.

This is another case of a person confusing probability with chance. Your probability is assumed to be 0.4% PER PULL. You are interpreting it as a 0.4% CHANCE over the course of 220 pulls.

They are not the same thing.

Imagine a deck of 52 cards. You guess what card you will draw from the deck. It is 1/52 or 1.92% chance on the FIRST pull, but increases each time you draw another card from the deck because there are less cards.

However, if you were to reinsert the card you drew, reshuffle the deck and draw again, your probability of drawing the card you named is still 1.92%

When you open crystals, you are always drawing from a "full deck"

You also need to understand how the game determines what comes out of a crystal. It's actually two separate probability rolls in one.

First, the system rolls what tier bot you will draw.

Second, once that is determined, it rolls again on which bot you will receive in that tier.
    I still got nothing..
    You are making a lot of assumptions about him. If I spent $1000, I would be upset also. Unfortunately Kabam does not publish drop rates, so there is no way of judging what is normal or not.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I'm calling his bluff because he sounds way too non-chalant about throwing away one thousand dollars. Perhaps he's just being mature.

I've seen almost everyone on this forum spaz about inconsequential stuff. I'm not accustomed to an actual inquiry.
  • JitJit Posts: 32
    I still got nothing..
    I spent 15 bucks. Opened 3 crystals. Best I did was dupe my 3 star Bludgeon.
    edited May 2017
    I still got nothing..
    I just raided someone who had duped 3* soundwave and duped 4* soundwave. and pi was pretty high so might have been duped multiple times.

So some people are getting him. Just not us :(
  • sinnistarsinnistar Posts: 1
    I still got nothing..
    I pulled 40 Cassette crystals and got all duplicates. I spent the $200 on the energon to pull those 40 crystals. Not one Soundwave. A fellow friend in the game, who has played the same amount of time (since drop) had saved up 1500 energon and got a 3* and 4* Soundwave from the same 10 crystal pull. Had not spent any money in the game. Now I have spent a decent amount of cash so far in the game. Acquiring the 3* Bumble bee offer, the unstable energon relic, and all 3 Ultra Magnus offers. Think I may have even bought the energon packs that came with a crystal up to the $50 pack. Have played constantly since its drop and even scored some 2* limited bots out the arena. Does me already having two 4*s and a dozen 3*s have anything to do with me not pulling Soundwave?
  • veloceveloce Posts: 3
    I still got nothing..
    Manthro wrote: »
    I'm calling his bluff because he sounds way too non-chalant about throwing away one thousand dollars. Perhaps he's just being mature.

I've seen almost everyone on this forum spaz about inconsequential stuff. I'm not accustomed to an actual inquiry.
    Sorry but your wrong about me. These are my 4 star bots. I am a heavy P2P. atn5ziluahwu.png

• DavienDavien Posts: 758
    veloce wrote: »

Sorry but your wrong about me. These are my 4 star bots. I am a heavy P2P. atn5ziluahwu.png

Looking good.. Wish I had that sort of money to spend on my hobby. Keep it up =)
  • Omega_benOmega_ben Posts: 78
    Lucky i pulled 3 star Soundwave!
    I got a 3* Soundwave and 4* mirage however I Did have to spend £150 to get em
  • BlazinhobbsBlazinhobbs Posts: 135
    My buddy got 4* Soundwave from first pull but I still refuse 2 buy crystals cuz I always get 2*s I'm sure I'm not the only one but I just do not have good luck with them its kinda bullcrap can't just buy the bot and guarantee get them
  • I still got nothing..
    My buddy got 4* Soundwave from first pull but I still refuse 2 buy crystals cuz I always get 2*s I'm sure I'm not the only one but I just do not have good luck with them its kinda bullcrap can't just buy the bot and guarantee get them

I have 13 1*, 12 2 *, and 1 3 *. I have been playing the game everyday since it came out, opening "about" 2 crystals a day and I usually come out with the same result. I managed to get a 3 * Rhinox out of the "Cassette Crystal" though.
  • Hey @Veloce,

I'm really sorry to hear that! Crystal drops are totally random, but that's not a fun experience to have. But I'm happy to see that you got yourself the 4-Star Version! He'll serve you well as you and the game progress.

PS. I also didn't get Soundwave. :disappointed:
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Just DON'T buy those character specific crystals.
    They are a waste of energon, especially if you had to use real money for it.

Just wait until they pop up in the premium crystal.
    Your chances are far better. Mine were.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    iuJacob wrote: »
    Just DON'T buy those character specific crystals.
    They are a waste of energon, especially if you had to use real money for it.

Just wait until they pop up in the premium crystal.
    Your chances are far better. Mine were.

Not always. Since the crystal pool will increase, the chances of getting an specific bot will reduce as well.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited May 2017
    I still got nothing..

Not coming here from mcoc I assume? People dropping $1k on feature crystals is commonplace. I had at least 4 people in my alliance drop well over $200 on him and one guy got the 3*. It isn't necessary to spend to do well in this game, but gobs of people do.
    First, the system rolls what tier bot you will draw.

Second, once that is determined, it rolls again on which bot you will receive in that tier.

Not that I can dispute that this is correct or not, but other than assumptive guessing, how could you know that?

I'm a programmer and I'm just saying... that's far from the only way to do it, and not necessarily the best way.
  • vucachonvucachon Posts: 30
    first i spent $29.99 for first 5. i got junk. for some reason i had the dumbass urge to buy another $29.99. opened and got 4* soundwave and a 3* ratchet dupe. now it will be forever until i can rank 2 him.

1jgnaz7gmchh.png
  • Mark174Mark174 Posts: 41
    I've got him 3* from 6 crystals.