Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Who to r5?

Picked up the t3 class spark bundle and pulled a t3 demo, but unsure who to use it on. Just listed all my demos for a more open discussion.

Galvatron, I use as part of my spotlight team.

Ironhide, I use for raids.

Wasp, I could run a beast team (no dinobot though, so no beastsword team sadly). Currently part of my beast team in arena.

Mixmaster I’m not too fussed about. Like him but don’t use him outside arena.

Rotf megs, I could build around him in a raid team, but again, currently doesn’t see much action outside arena.

Galv and IH are currently r4, the rest are currently r2. Wouldn’t take long to build them up though. As always, open to new ideas and can run a team involving any of them to suit synergies. Would rather gather the public opinion before I take the plunge though.

Who to r5? 36 votes

Galvatron (duped)
50%
French_BakerVouterGunz0SparkShredderDovahKingTracked_SignalsonuBlack_ThoughtOrion_pax13BurningBaronMonrogue_xBeejimanScarredArachnid333ktomovDeadMemeBoiSycko5KittenHijacker2531 18 votes
Ironhide (duped)
44%
Canuck33SynthwaveasparagusAustin555555Mufc14GochaBROFlrsbwYoncemusPrimeBumblebee254Jazz4441121893BotBoy909DrazyUrAverageMalakaPJTheKingHunterTfpsoundwave 16 votes
Mixmaster (not duped)
5%
Joker69FulMetalGrimlok 2 votes
Wasp (not duped)
0%
Rotf Megatron (not duped)
0%

Comments

• Clearly I'd say the choice is between Galvatron and Ironhide. How much do you raid? And would taking Galvatron to R5 help you clear more spotlight?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Ironhide (duped)
    IH will give you the most bang for your buck, has great synergies and you don't have to fuss about with holding block to charge anything up.

That said, Galvatron has the best playstyle of any demo (he almost moves like a scout), so I would say IH or Galvatron. It really just depends on which other bots you use most for important game modes like AM and Special Missions.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Galvatron (duped)
    Galvatron... no doubt
  • @Red_Eyes I raid daily at least, for the daily objectives, only do more than 1 if the daily raid items interest me. And galvatron, yeah I do use him a lot, more just to preserve shockwave and Megatron if I can help it as they’re my main boss smashers.

Been keeping a t3 tact spark for g1 prime when I get him, which is why it’s such a decision mostly between galv and IH. I use galv just now, but unless they release a g1 autobot demo between now and getting OGP, then synergy wise IH would suit best for when I get prime.
  • Speaking of which, isn’t it about time we seen a g1 autobot demo? It’s one we’re sorely lacking, and many good ideas have been given (I like the idea of warpath, among a few others). Hopefully devs read this as it’s needed now. The other classes are getting overloaded compared to demo
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Ironhide (duped)
    Ironhide is in my top squad in Expert and Master love this guy !!!!
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Galvatron (duped)
    Galvatron is bae. Ironhide's sig only triggers once per fight
    Galvatron (duped)
    See the main reason why galvatron > Ironhide is that...

Ironhide is piss ugly
  • Ironhide (duped)
    Kitten wrote: »

Ironhide is piss ugly
    But Ironhide loves you. He seems to come to you. And if you ever do (doubt) make a comback, he is just one 4* crystal away
  • Kitten wrote: »

Ironhide is piss ugly

He is one ugly bot. Same with most baybots though.
  • Galvatron (duped)

Ironhide is piss ugly
    But Ironhide loves you. He seems to come to you. And if you ever do (doubt) make a comback, he is just one 4* crystal away

But he doesn't to me.. Lol... Although t3c demos over-love me
  • Ironhide (duped)

Ironhide is piss ugly

But he doesn't to me.. Lol... Although t3c demos over-love me

Im exactly the same when it comes to t3c demos. And warriors
    Galvatron (duped)

Ironhide is piss ugly
    :kissing_heart:
  • Kitten wrote: »

Ironhide is piss ugly

you cant say something is bad because it looks ugly. Ironhide is WAY better than galvatron, More damage and demolishes when it sig crits. Ironhide>Galvatron
  • UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited September 2018
    Ironhide (duped)

Ironhide is piss ugly

you cant say something is bad because it looks ugly. Ironhide is WAY better than galvatron, More damage and demolishes when it sig crits. Ironhide>Galvatron
    You obviously don’t know what you are talking about. Im like both of them the same, my favourite demos but Galvatron does WAAYY more damage with the dark burn on. Highest crit i have done with my ironhide (R5 forge 26 sig 26) was 6500. Galvatron on the other hand (R5 no forge sig 10) done 11K not including the dark burn (an extra 2K damage). Ironhide is all burns and relies on his crits too much. Go up against a primal and he is gone. Galvatron in the other hand, can fair good against him as his dark burns can go through primals crit armour.

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited September 2018
    @Red_Eyes I raid daily at least, for the daily objectives, only do more than 1 if the daily raid items interest me. And galvatron, yeah I do use him a lot, more just to preserve shockwave and Megatron if I can help it as they’re my main boss smashers.

Been keeping a t3 tact spark for g1 prime when I get him, which is why it’s such a decision mostly between galv and IH. I use galv just now, but unless they release a g1 autobot demo between now and getting OGP, then synergy wise IH would suit best for when I get prime.

Tricky I guess. Unless you fight MUCH better with Galvatron then maybe you're better off going with Ironhide even for spotlight and even though you would lose the synergy with Shockwave? Of course Galvatron + Shockwave is a guarantee right now, it may be months before you get a Prime.

I'm actually in a similar situation. I have Galvatron and Shockwave and have been waiting for Ironhide for over 2 months with a Demo awakening program and now almost three T3 Demos in storage. Unlike you though I have Prime, lol.

Maybe they'll release a Demo next month, it's well overdue. I may wait to see who it is or may just go with Galvatron or maybe both since it will probably be another couple of months before I open another 5*.

Ironhide is piss ugly

He looks like a dog. Hot Rod looks like a bird/duck. Bonecrusher has a snake face. Grindor almost looks like a rabbit.
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »
    @Red_Eyes I raid daily at least, for the daily objectives, only do more than 1 if the daily raid items interest me. And galvatron, yeah I do use him a lot, more just to preserve shockwave and Megatron if I can help it as they’re my main boss smashers.

Tricky I guess. Unless you fight MUCH better with Galvatron then maybe you're better off going with Ironhide even for spotlight and even though you would lose the synergy with Shockwave? Of course Galvatron + Shockwave is a guarantee right now, it may be months before you get a Prime.

I'm actually in a similar situation. I have Galvatron and Shockwave and have been waiting for Ironhide for over 2 months with a Demo awakening program and now almost three T3 Demos in storage. Unlike you though I have Prime, lol.

Maybe they'll release a Demo next month, it's well overdue. I may wait to see who it is or may just go with Galvatron or maybe both since it will probably be another couple of months before I open another 5*.

Ironhide is piss ugly

He looks like a dog. Hot Rod looks like a bird/duck. Bonecrusher has a snake face. Grindor almost looks like a rabbit.

The main reason I’m so desperate for ogp is because I’ve got a team of r4’s ready to throw in with him, plus the t3c to take him to r5. I have thought about just using it on megs, but I’ve ran g1 cons for spotlight for a while and in need of a change. Running a UM/prowl/arcee/mirage/grimlock team for lower level expert just to keep things fresh, only bringing out the big guns when I need to.

Hopefully we do get a demo, I’d happily take a g1 autobot demo regardless of who it is. Can’t think of who would fit the role though, aside from warpath, or maybe one of the dinobots.

Ironhide is piss ugly

The main reason I’m so desperate for ogp is because I’ve got a team of r4’s ready to throw in with him, plus the t3c to take him to r5. I have thought about just using it on megs, but I’ve ran g1 cons for spotlight for a while and in need of a change. Running a UM/prowl/arcee/mirage/grimlock team for lower level expert just to keep things fresh, only bringing out the big guns when I need to.

Hopefully we do get a demo, I’d happily take a g1 autobot demo regardless of who it is. Can’t think of who would fit the role though, aside from warpath, or maybe one of the dinobots.

Well Megatron is awesome if you ask me, he is my first and only R5 Tactician. He wrecks bots. But I totally understand wanting to run an Autobot team. I could R5 a whole bunch of Autobots in the very near future but longer term it may not be best with 5* becoming more prominent and I am also trying to make sure I have bots with a variety of fighting styles to be able to handle different types of mods.

Apparently, from what others have found, Lockdown is in the game files and maybe Demo would be a good fit for him. Megatronus, playable or not? Skyfire also, is supposed to be coming but I can't imagine him as a Demo from what I remember, but they have to assign some class to him if they are going to add him to the game. Slag I think would be a great fit seeing as Grimlock is a Brawler. Warpath gets mentioned a lot.

Red_Eyes wrote: »

Ironhide is piss ugly

Well Megatron is awesome if you ask me, he is my first and only R5 Tactician. He wrecks bots. But I totally understand wanting to run an Autobot team. I could R5 a whole bunch of Autobots in the very near future but longer term it may not be best with 5* becoming more prominent and I am also trying to make sure I have bots with a variety of fighting styles to be able to handle different types of mods.

Apparently, from what others have found, Lockdown is in the game files and maybe Demo would be a good fit for him. Megatronus, playable or not? Skyfire also, is supposed to be coming but I can't imagine him as a Demo from what I remember, but they have to assign some class to him if they are going to add him to the game. Slag I think would be a great fit seeing as Grimlock is a Brawler. Warpath gets mentioned a lot.

I can’t disagree about Megatron, he is fantastic. Got me through so many tough fights, between him, shockwave and galvatron it’s hard to put together a better core of a team for me. Nearly done with expert and that will give another t3c for me, so hopefully something I can use comes of it.

If it’s tech, to hell with an autobot team. R5 galv, megs and shockwave would be near unstoppable.
    Galvatron (duped)
    galvatron has melee damage ironhide doesn’t
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Ironhide is piss ugly

I can’t disagree about Megatron, he is fantastic. Got me through so many tough fights, between him, shockwave and galvatron it’s hard to put together a better core of a team for me. Nearly done with expert and that will give another t3c for me, so hopefully something I can use comes of it.

If it’s tech, to hell with an autobot team. R5 galv, megs and shockwave would be near unstoppable.

LOL.