Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Has Wheeljack surpassed Ratchet?

Now that there has been time for players to rank up Wheeljack, I’m curious if he’s better than Ratchet?

I’m not necessarily looking for a bot to bot comparison, Synergies can be a determining factor. as well as masteries.

Also I would like it if higher level content was considered more than lower level content (Alliance Missions, Master Spotlight, and Revenge of the King.

So, which survivor is better?

Comments

• Options
    Yes. Wheeljack has surpassed Rachet IMHO.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Yes. He’s one of my favourites definitely, nanojack is overpowered on the next level and is a god tier bot. Epic design epic character, loved by ninjas and noobs alike.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Kitten wrote: »
    Yes. He’s one of my favourites definitely, nanojack is overpowered on the next level and is a god tier bot. Epic design epic character, loved by ninjas and noobs alike.

unless we’re talking rok/rotk lol
  • Options
    I have both 4s Nanojack and Ratchet r5. Both are good but WJ is not as good against bots that have DOT and HA mods. I still prefer Ratchet for his consistent heals on long fights. In high level fights, WJ does not do enough damage and the fights are going to be longer than 1 minute for sure.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    While Wheeljack is God tier in many ways with the appropriate masteries and has amAZING synergies, Ratchet is reliably superb. He's a simple to use, consistently solid bot. Long term battles are hands down in has hands. I've taken down 3/30 5* bots with my maxed sig 85 3* just due to his healing factors.
  • Options
    Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I used the following team to clear ROTK few days ago

i6sb452caijo.jpeg

& I can say that wj made the hardest fight in the mission the easiest for me.
    I am talking about wasp, rat took him down to 70% then wj did the rest. Clearing wasp without energon was almost impossible before wj (I am talking about regular players not ninjas or cheaters) but now it’s possible.
    However wj was a disaster against every other bot because he don’t cause much damage so the Jurassic spark mode will kicks in after 5 minuets & the opponent will become unstoppable.

nfibql5iuwnl.png

In my opinion it is worth it to take him with you just for wasp but don’t expect much from him against the others.

• Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    I have both 4s Nanojack and Ratchet r5. Both are good but WJ is not as good against bots that have DOT and HA mods. I still prefer Ratchet for his consistent heals on long fights. In high level fights, WJ does not do enough damage and the fights are going to be longer than 1 minute for sure.

^ This.

They're both situational bots. Ratchet can handle and recover more easily and constantly when dealt DOT effects but doesn't have the insurance coverage that WJ has to handle catastrophic critical hits.

I'd give WJ the edge, but that's only because there's a 5 star version of him and no 5 star of Ratchet yet. Comparing 4 stars though, they're both great in different situations. Use them both!